[Solved] PC turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are going to get a gfx card so why not invest on the PSu now if you have the money - it will be a good investment for sure ;-)

koolent

Youngling
^^Hmm, then its time to convince dad to buy one early..

One more problem, My monitor has some scratches, however no pixels are bad, its just some scratching on the first most layer of the monitor... Should I replace the whole monitor or this layer can be replaced ?

Sorry cray.x for troubleshooting here but creating new threads for small and simple problems is foolish I think...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Hmm, then its time to convince dad to buy one early..

One more problem, My monitor has some scratches, however no pixels are bad, its just some scratching on the first most layer of the monitor... Should I replace the whole monitor or this layer can be replaced ?

the layer can't be replaced and if the screen is clearly visible there's no need to change the monitor.

Sorry cray.x for troubleshooting here but creating new threads for small and simple problems is foolish I think...

if you face any more issues with the monitor or any other thing which ain't related to this thread feel free to create a new thread.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
Ohh.. Ya sure and thnxx, although my PSU was working I jump started it.. IT Worked..

I didn't know this thank you very much guyzz... The black and the green wire.. Hmmm..

Bt after Jump Starting I switched it off and took off the mains cable then I connected everything FINE AND GOOD AND STARTED THE COMPUTER, IT STARTED SUCCESSFULLY and unintentionally when I touched the metal part of the Rig with my tester, there was nothing but when I touched my PSU, THERE WAS A SPARK ON THE BODY OF THE PSU, and the computer went to comma state, the lights were on but the CPU Fan, screen everything was blank, never mind, I switched my UPS off and again on and then my computer, Everything worked fine, I have a 180 W BESTEC PSU, I am going to buy Corsair CX430 v2 with my grafix card, should I change my PSU early ?

hey koolent i don't think the cx430 will satisfy the hunger for power for your graphics card. have a look at the corsair GS series!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ CX430v2 will feed a HD6770 or even a HD6790 pretty well with the components koolent has.

BTW, have you fixed the shutdown issue of yours ??

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
BTW, have you fixed the shutdown issue of yours ??
yeah it was a faulty SMPS, they replaced it with a new one :)
hey topgear can my CX500 feed a HD6670 with my above config? :-?

koolent

Youngling
^^ Easily, I am going to play a 7750.. I think CX 430 v2 will be enough to handle this..

So, a VX500 will be good enough.. To handle the HD 6670

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ koolent and Sujeet - even though HD6670 don't have any Crossfire connector it can be CFed without any CF connector - cards like this will use the pci-e bus for CF.
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB & HD 6570 512MB Review - Page 4

BTW, Op's problem is solved .. time for this thread to go in dormant mode ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom