Software to save bookmarks from web browser

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, i use Mozilla Firefox as my web browser. I have bookmarked many a pages & categorised them in custom folders.

I want to move or copy these saved bookmarks from my browser, carry them on a flash drive & also back them up on a recordable media.

Could any of you suggest a software that will allow me to create folders & save the desired bookmarks as per my convenience?
For example, i have bookmarked technical articles under a custom folder under the Bookmarks tab in the browser. I would like to create a similar folder & copy the subsequent bookmarks to that folder, so on & so forth.

I apologise if i have caused unnecessary confusion.
:???:

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Using add-ons like XMarks, CheckPlaces will help you upload all the bookmarks on the web server, & they will be available to you whenever you get on the web. SO, no need to save bookmarks anywhere else. If still you want them on a flash drive, you can export them.

If you want to get dedicated software for managing bookmarks, then there are alternatives like UltraRecall, Link Commander, SV Bookmark etc.

It all depends on how much your bookmarks are important to you.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Thank you for responding Prime_Coder
:smile:

Which software would you recommend? All my bookmarks are important to me.
:grin:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Go to organise bookmarks and export/backup.

You can also use FF Sync (Inbuilt) to sync them across various PCs.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
With Opera, I use Link feature. On Firefox, I am using XMarks now!
Keeping a copy of the bookmarks exported is a good idea, So do it , as a backup option!

Go to organise bookmarks and export/backup.
That's a right suggestion.

You can also use FF Sync (Inbuilt) to sync them across various PCs.

Firefox Sync is meant to be used on multiple devices. IMO, @OP, doesn't need it.

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Made me think he wants to use them elsewhere.

You can also use FF Sync as a backup tool tbh.

Sorry to respond this late, but yes, i want to save all my bookmarks & carry them either on a flash drive or a recordable media.

Upon your suggestion, i got Firefox Sync, but honestly, i do not know what to do further. :oops:

Help needed...:smile:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Mozilla Firefox Mobile Browser — Sync for Mobile

Its internet based. To carry them on Flash/CD, you use the export bookmarks feature.

Top Bottom