Software to automatically shutdown PC

ajayritik

Technomancer
I need a software which can shut down automatically in night after a torrent completes or if I'm doing some installation of file copy.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
uTorrent --> Options --> Auto Shutdown --> Shutdown when downloads complete. (although you should seed till at least 1:1)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
utorrent has the option for Auto Shutdown when a download is complete but auto shutdown after a software install or file copy may not be possible.

gameranand

Living to Play
Utorrent have the option for Auto Shutdown and I think if you a file copy shutdown then Teracopy also has the option I guess. I don't use it so can't confirm. :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
If you're performing a software installation and you have a rough estimate of how long it might take, try using the 'shutdown /t <time in seconds>' command.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Shutdown Scheduler

Download Shutdown Scheduler 8.0.0.0 Free - Shutdown your computer by scheduling power management tasks - Softpedia

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I knew about the u torrent scheduler just recently. Thanks all. I had used couple of softwares to have it schedule to turn off the computer at specific time. Actually sometimes there are some huge data that I copy from my HDD to friend's which may take more than hours. And now with my UPS not working when power goes at 6 AM PC gets restarted.

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I knew about the u torrent scheduler just recently. Thanks all. I had used couple of softwares to have it schedule to turn off the computer at specific time. Actually sometimes there are some huge data that I copy from my HDD to friend's which may take more than hours. And now with my UPS not working when power goes at 6 AM PC gets restarted.

You should try Airytec switch Off
Airytec Switch Off - Shutdown your PC automatically or remotely from any computer or mobile phone
Irrespective of torrent or copying or anything,you can schedule your pc to shutdown/restart etc.One of the coolest feature is the Remote Web Interface,by which you can switch off your PC through Web.
I have been using this for more than couple of Years & it works perfectly..

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Airytec Switch Off - Shutdown your PC automatically or remotely from any computer or mobile phone
Irrespective of torrent or copying or anything,you can schedule your pc to shutdown/restart etc.One of the coolest feature is the Remote Web Interface,by which you can switch off your PC through Web.

Thanks will try out!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks for this app .. looks mighhty interesting. It will sure be in my must have software list ;-)

Top Bottom