software piracy- Scenario in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
They can buy games if they really want to. If they can afford 10-15k on a graphics card. They can spend 3-4k every year on games as well.
I've seen insanely rich lads in this forum owning PS3s, Macbooks, super powerful rigs while upgrading gfx every year, pirating games. Don't be under the impression that piracy is just due to bad pricing. It's more due to the fact people get away with it.

People suffering from poverty, farmers, poor people, etc. have nothing to do with software piracy. They can't afford the machines in the first place.

You don't have to buy every damn game. Read the reviews, buy only those games with favourable reviews, and which fit your gaming style. Fill rest of your time playing MP games. An average gamer won't need to spend more than 3-4k a year (forget about Activision, only an idiot will buy/play their games). More than that, then you're being way too greedy.

dude , 3-4k can buy you only maxm. 3-4 games, how can a gamer miss codmw3 rated 9.5, bf3 rated 9.2, assassin's creed revelations,

Dude u r tryin to say just to remove piracy, quit playing games, or be limited to a few games,
tell me practically how many gamers will follow you today?
and don call activision bad, because it has given 9+ rated games...
if u dont have knowledge about games , you are free to leave the convo...

No man, we all have to cut corners. You buy BF3 now and play it. When you are done, buy MW3. No need to buy both at once. I am sure one game will last you a month if you play online as well. Buying these games just for a short single player campaign makes no sense.

Anyway, those are not the only games in the world. There are pretty good independent games as well. Gamers can enjoy these for cheap too. See humblebundle.com and indieroyale.com.

last a month?
dude, u r dreaming, u havnt seen hardcore gamers,
as far as i knw, i ended cod black op sp campaign in a single day on a continuous 9 hr gameplay.
medal of honor in a single day - 7 hrs continuous.
mass effect 2- 2 days.
u want some more?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
last a month?
dude, u r dreaming, u havnt seen hardcore gamers,
as far as i knw, i ended cod black op sp campaign in a single day on a continuous 9 hr gameplay.
medal of honor in a single day - 7 hrs continuous.
mass effect 2- 2 days.
u want some more?
Read the post again.Games last a month when you play multiplayer too. And if you played multiplayer in that 9 hours, then I guess the game was ugly :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Playing online means Multiplayer. Clearly you haven't ever purchased a legit game and enjoyed countless hours in online gameplay.

Portal 2 - ₹559
Witcher 2 - ₹1244
Battlefield 3 - ₹999
Assassin Creed : Relevations - ₹849

All these for ₹3601
Throw in the rest ₹399 in Humble Indie Bundle 3, and you have plenty of games to play. Plus TF2 is F2P along with bunch of other quality games. You have hundreds of HOURS to play in the Multiplayer games.

If you are really a so called "hardcore" gamer (i.e. with no life) and spend hours every day, be willing to spend upto ₹12k per year. Rs.₹1k per month for hours of gameplay everyday isn't a bad deal at all. Most people waste that much in junk food, and cellphone bills.

P.S.: As for Activision, they have crappy DRM, old Wine in new bottle same shite every year, and pathetic pricing. CoD:MW3 certainly isn't 9.5/10 stuff, if you have played older CoD iterations.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Playing online means Multiplayer. Clearly you haven't ever purchased a legit game and enjoyed countless hours in online gameplay.

Portal 2 - ₹559
Witcher 2 - ₹1244
Battlefield 3 - ₹999
Assassin Creed : Relevations - ₹849

All these for ₹3601
Throw in the rest ₹399 in Humble Indie Bundle 3, and you have plenty of games to play. Plus TF2 is F2P along with bunch of other quality games. You have hundreds of HOURS to play in the Multiplayer games.

If you are really a so called "hardcore" gamer (i.e. with no life) and spend hours every day, be willing to spend upto ₹12k per year. Rs.₹1k per month for hours of gameplay everyday isn't a bad deal at all. Most people waste that much in junk food, and cellphone bills.

P.S.: As for Activision, they have crappy DRM, old Wine in new bottle same shite every year, and pathetic pricing. CoD:MW3 certainly isn't 9.5/10 stuff, if you have played older CoD iterations.

dude, m spending more than 50k annually only in gaming (including hardware), nd dont point the convo on me, ok?
this is the thread whr m talkin abt most of the indian computer users/ gamers....
consider that

T

The Conqueror

(Offtopic) - smells like Vaibhavtek is here!!??
@Shivam24:

Well, this discussion is fruitless, and much has been discussed about software piracy.

Say, instead of playing games, you spend hours and maybe months to develop a great game. Would you sell it for Free?

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
@revolt:
thts y i've told garbage, cuz u r wasting our time instead of contributing...
nd nobody wants u to start , just get lost from this thread , my advice...

Alright ico with all due respect.I want to make a statement hope you will allow it.I dont want to argue here.

"Please dont argue with fools as they will drag you down to their levels and beat you with their experience"

Hope it is for everyone.
Thank you.:smile:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

luks like sm1 is describing himself... useless waste...

(Offtopic) - smells like Vaibhavtek is here!!??
@Shivam24:

Well, this discussion is fruitless, and much has been discussed about software piracy.

Say, instead of playing games, you spend hours and maybe months to develop a great game. Would you sell it for Free?

completely agree wid you, but the question is to find a solution so that piracy can be stopped...
no one will sell it for free, and thts the condition involved here ,
is how you can decrease piracy while knowing that they will not sell it for free?
hoping some solutions...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
dude, m spending more than 50k annually only in gaming (including hardware), nd dont point the convo on me, ok?
this is the thread whr m talkin abt most of the indian computer users/ gamers....
consider that
Average gamers don't need to spend more than ₹3-4k per year on gaming.
As for average computer user (locked in with MS stuff), Windows + MSO is enough.

There's no justification of piracy and no significant price reduction is needed. And no such reduction will stop shameless Indians "proudly" pirating stuff.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Average gamers don't need to spend more than ₹3-4k per year on gaming.
As for average computer user (locked in with MS stuff), Windows + MSO is enough.

There's no justification of piracy and no significant price reduction is needed. And no such reduction will stop shameless Indians "proudly" pirating stuff.

i am sayin it cuz i've practically seen it, they bought gta 4 costing499inr genuine, all of them, but they refused to buy games @999

you r right to some extent, but it can considerably reduce piracy rate...

revolt

Banned
condition involved here ,
is how you can decrease piracy while knowing that they will not sell it for free?
hoping some solutions...
tell me one thing seriously do you have any relationships with a certain person mentioned by The Conqueror or some neosark....or both.

Btw why you felt so bad about that post you have quoted.That was for everyone. one one else quoted it.
Please tell me....(ico i hope its not wrong to ask this question.)
My language seems decent isnt it?:grin:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
One thing is for sure, even if Windows or Office sells for 1K people will still pirate the software.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
1. If companies start suing customers for using pirated software/movies/games/MP3 then people will buy it.

IMO, the best Solution. Even if small proportion of users are sued, large proportion of users will stop piracy.

This reminds me of an incident mentioned by d3p5kor.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
IMO, the best Solution. Even if small proportion of users are sued, large proportion of users will stop piracy.

This reminds me of an incidentmentioned by d3p5kor.
You mean like these?
The 14 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits Filed by the RIAA and the MPAA

Not. At. All.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
luks like sm1 is describing himself... useless waste...

this dialogue was written for the one i quoted before the conquerer in that reply, nd tht person is still here,
instead of contributing in it, addin some useless replies, complete waste...

This reminds me of an incident mentioned by d3p5kor.

i agree kunal, :grin:

One thing is for sure, even if Windows or Office sells for 1K people will still pirate the software.

piracy rate will fall ....
although 1k is too cheap, nd inappropriate for such sw.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
You mean like these?
The 14 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits Filed by the RIAA and the MPAA

Not. At. All.

Exceptional Cases.

I never demanded RIAA/MPAA to function in India. We can have totally different organisation & laws pertaining to prevailing conditions in India.

For example: only warning a person the first time he is caught, etc.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@revolt:
thts y i've told garbage, cuz u r wasting our time instead of contributing...
nd nobody wants u to start , just get lost from this thread , my advice...

Is that a name calling? o_O
And are you saying I am wasting your time instead of contributing? :O

On topic,

I started thinking this whole thread is going in some wrong direction. People, please keep thread ontopic. :D

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Is that a name calling? o_O
And are you saying I am wasting your time instead of contributing? :O

On topic,

I started thinking this whole thread is going in some wrong direction. People, please keep thread ontopic. :D

no dude, m not sayin to u, m not calling name, thr was a complete waste towards which i pointed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom