Software for password protection in Nokia N79

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a free application for protecting media files on my Nokia N79 with a password ? :razz:

Thnx

k4ce

Youngling
try tektronic "advanced phone lock" ... with this u can password protect any application ...

for eg , if u wanna ur videos to be private , u can lock ur gallery and video player ... key in the code and unlock and view ... others cant access it at all

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Best crypto is better as it encrypts the files show that they don't show up in Gallery too. If you use advanced phone lock then someone might ask & crib "What is it that u r hiding?"

k4ce

Youngling
@ girish.g ... luk at my earlier post ... u can lock any app/menu item in the fone including BT

@gxsaurav , why encrypt and then decrypt again ... i feel jus lockin it is better

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Like I said before, suppose I have my Gallery application locked then friends or sister or anyone after watching it will say "What is it that u r hiding?" or "Sub to hide kar rakha hai, " etc etc. They crib about it.

I prefer to lock the files. Now, they can have a look, they just won't find it.

Third Eye

gooby pls
If you don't want specific images or videos to show up in the gallery,then keep images in my images and videos in my videos folder.For locking phone,Advance phone lock is great.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@third eye
this will only work when the speeding up gallery hack is done.
@k4ce tektronic phone lock didn't work for me cos im still able to send files via bluetooth without any password, in webgate Advance phone lock it asks for a password but sends the file even if the pass. is wrong

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Best way to hide Videos/Images is to put them in System folder while changing their attributes to hidden for added security & set fileman (not the default one but 3rd party) to hide hidden files & folders.

For more security zip the videos/images, password protect the zip, move it anywhere under the system folder & again if you wish hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom