software for assigning password to a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
zip it or rar it :). that should be the simplest. make sure you give a password more than 6chars else there are zip crackers too ;)
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Killer_Sam

Broken In
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

zippin the file and protacting it is the worst way ! to manage private files
you just go to a geeks hacking site and you will get a software to crak the password of zip files on a mouse click
on the other hand using the magic folder is not even that much safe if you are having geeks around to crak everything now lets try a other way around!
use ranish partition manager to resize your partition and make a new drive of like 2gb and now hit key "Ins" so you will get a menu to change the file system of that drive
when you want work with that drive use "FAT 32 " for win9x and use "NTFS" for windows xp and nt 200 etc. etc

when you are done with watching your private movies and pics and other documents go to ranish partition manager again select the drive and change the file system to "hidden ntfs" or "hidden fat32" and there you go

your complete drive won't appear in the explorer and my computer ! why use passwords when you know every thing can be cracked !

one more thing u will have to boot with ranish partition manager to change all this ! be careful about wat u are doing everytime !

and yes give password to your BIOS so that no body can change your booting prefrences !

now tell me if thats not a good IDEA from KILLER SAM

world . is fast we need cool and 2sec. solutions for everything

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Killer_Sam said:
zippin the file and protacting it is the worst way ! to manage private files
you just go to a geeks hacking site and you will get a software to crak the password of zip files on a mouse click
I metioned it on my post. BTW m8 u say that it is worst then u r wrong. It depends on the password u set there. If use a password anything less than 6 chars then it's a bad idea if u use a passowrd more than 6 char lengths and with combination of symbols then those passwords are not possible to crack!!!
PS: there are some passwords which has taken years to crack with systems running parallel :roll:
BTW i have written a small tut to select a easy to remember but hard to crack passwords.
here is the link ;)
*www.cooljeba.com/passwords.htm hope someone finds them useful :D
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
zipping folders for security means simply shooting their utility down ..
u have to unzip again to change things and zip it back..
now, this is not a g33k way to doing things around , is it !!

rajendra99

Broken In
zipping is killing utility of the folders & rebooting just to view those secret files is killing the utility of PC itself. Why not use PGP or such sw? There are many sw which let u pw-protect on the fly. Try searching digit archives (or google) for encryption tools.

aadipa

Padawan
u can find it here

*www.freewebs.com/adpinfo/Folder Protector.zip

u will need VB6 runtimes
get it from *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en

whistler

Journeyman
are u asking it for 9x ME ?
then its too simple..without any software at all..!! Just a few lines of java code and u r done....
cant say same for xp 2k..tell me for which u want..

whistler

Journeyman
Heres the answer:-
This is for everyone who wants to know how to password protect your folders on a windows machine:
to password protect your folder you have to modify the HTML
1. open your folder
2. right click inside of it
3. select "custimize this folder..."
4. now press next twice
a text doc will appear
now scroll down untill you see the first <script language="JavaScript">
now press <enter> to go down to a new line and enter the fallowing
var pass = prompt("Enter the password") <press enter>
if(pass != "YOURPASSWORD") <press enter>
{window.location="C:"} <press enter>
"YOUPASSWORD" is where you put in whatever password you want, but keep the quotes
this is probly the best way to passoword protect if you do not want to buy some software

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
RAR IT!!!

Everybody spoke of zipping. i wud suggest RAR it
It dosn't reveal the names of the files if you wish so.

So use WinRAR. Don't compresss it, just store it!

GameAddict

In the zone
Yes RAR is better then Zip

I agree, RAR is better. Password protect and encrypt your files with winRAR and whent he file is clicked, it won't even show the contents(by which one can get the idea what the file is about). Find it at www.rarlab.com

GA

Ashis

In the zone
Ziping & encrypting is Cool & easy methord to protect specially with WinZip Ver 10.
U can also Use Secure Files!
Go to ....
*techrepublic.com.com/
or
*techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5308684.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=tr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom