Social Networking - Is it getting addictive?

Flash

Lost in speed
1#
In the first, reported by Mashable, a daddy said to his little girls: "No, little girls, you cannot have a puppy. Well, not unless you get yourselves 1 million of those invaluable Facebook Likes."

2#
As Gawker reveals it, Kverneng and Catherine bantered humorously about the idea of him gaining 1 million Likes to gain her carnal affections.

3#
As NBC news reports, 30-year-old Eric L. Ramsey knew his time was up, so he took out his cell phone and posted on his Facebook wall: "Well folkes [sic] im about to get shot. Peace"

Social networking is getting crazier and addictive. Why can't people have everything under their control?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Social networking sites like linkedin are boon in professional life...facebook is fun...and u can intereact with all ur buddies near or far without spending a single paisa...

If u think u are addicted just check ur scraps 2 times a day...u will soon loose the addiction

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Social networking sites like linkedin are boon in professional life...facebook is fun...and u can intereact with all ur buddies near or far without spending a single paisa...

If u think u are addicted just check ur scraps 2 times a day...u will soon loose the addiction

the world has moved on from orkut. you should too. ;) :D JK

this is like the guy who died after playing for ~50hrs straight. :p

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
As NBC news reports, 30-year-old Eric L. Ramsey knew his time was up, so he took out his cell phone and posted on his Facebook wall: "Well folkes [sic] im about to get shot. Peace"

The man died, after posting this. Am not looking on the fun side of SNS, but the dark side of how things can be addictive such that people use it even under the desperate times.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Social networking is getting crazier and addictive. Why can't people have everything under their control?
It's a subjective thinking or more of a culture adoption the examples you quoted is an example of culture adoption noting else. I would say people do use SNS for entertainment and for business purpose. And I'm well indeed with the concept as it allow us to be in link with friends and family no matter how far we are!

lakeport

Banned
I used to be addicted to facebook when i was 15-16. But these days facebook is almost dead.. atleast for me.. No updates from my friends.. they're all busy with college life, while I'm sitting at home like a luser preparing for my second attempt at JEE/AIEEE. :|

Oh well.. Atleast i can browse this forum when i'm bored. :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Well for me its hardly a addiction. I use it once in a day or two. but yes I have meet people everyday who updates their status 20 times a day and are always online. Now the status updates are mostly Copy Paste products which I really hate.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
There are many kind of psychopaths in our society. One of those groups, with no social activity, favors this.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is digit forum considered to be a social network? If so yes, its addictive.

PS: I used to post in facebook a lot, till it got overrun by stupids, idiots, retards and :_poop:, also posts that want you to spam a useless text to all threads else you'll die, or not find love bla bla bla.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I'm addicted to TDF from past 9 years :lol:

SNS - POS.. people don't realize the privacy risks with these sites also they are careless in what they post.

Here is the another example of being addictive with SNS **news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57568081-71/dad-pays-14-year-old-daughter-$200-to-quit-facebook/

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Its ok, once I had nothing to do in life, low bandwidth connection, used to only hang out in TDF.. the up side, learnt a lot tech! After which I moved on to create my own blog and forums.. later job.

Those were the days of gx vs arya

Top Bottom