Social Networking - Is it getting addictive?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
One more WTH news:
Married Phoenix woman posed as teen on Facebook to lure boys into bed

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Both are the same girls or boys. One should have a personal control. We are just opening our private life to others(apart from friends)

you could always set the privacy to just 'friends' and deal with it.
or
if you are that person who doesnt like the sunshine stumbling up on your forehead,you could always hide in a cave and change the privacy to 'Myself only' :)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
im ok with hosting your own site for friends and groups. there are many templates to emulate fakebook. just don't like tons of people giving fodder to fb, why should they get rich based on the details of your lifeplus it's not like they have a glowing security record

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
By default, internet is public. Putting a layer of privacy is of no use when compared to the "Sense" of the person over the thing one is "posting".

Anish

Spectre
FB notifications comes to my gmail spam (dont know why) and I go to fb only if it is anything important :p This made me stay away from fb even for months :D

Inceptionist

Journeyman
I don't go to FB much, once or twice a day and I hardly update the status. But I'm addicted to other sites like reddit/tumblr/cracked and different forums.

I don't care what other people do as long as they keep their phones off in the movie theatre.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I don't go to FB much, once or twice a day and I hardly update the status. But I'm addicted to other sites like reddit/tumblr/cracked and different forums.

I don't care what other people do as long as they keep their phones off in the movie theatre.

+1 to cracked.com

you could always set the privacy to just 'friends' and deal with it.
or
if you are that person who doesnt like the sunshine stumbling up on your forehead,you could always hide in a cave and change the privacy to 'Myself only' :)

I was not talking about myself :p I was talking about what people do on fb. I have recently deactivated my account of fb. It was becoming a time waster for me.:-D

Top Bottom