So much $$$ on Anti virus yet we are still infected!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Same here, and I do use lot of virus infected pen drives. You just need to follow some rules while using them on XP like turning off auto-run and making protected hidden files visible, opening pen drives from adress-bar, looking out for *.exe, *.ini. It does work. I run demos of Kasperski & Malwarebytes once 6-7 months and find 1-2 malwares. I've formatted only once in last 6 years bcoz of virus.
:facepalm:

those who cannot afford paid version..AV companies are generous enough to give FREE version of AV (avira,avg etc)
why to take so much hassle of manual work :duh2:

^lol why do you think so ?

Because OP is indirectly saying that piracy is good.
Once(2-3 years ago), I was banned(1 week) for writing something related to piracy stuffs(not given any links, etc). If u guys have made rules a bit flexible, then its good, because I left TDF for a year after the 1 week ban :wink:

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
:facepalm:

those who cannot afford paid version..AV companies are generous enough to give FREE version of AV (avira,avg etc)
why to take so much hassle of manual work :duh2:

Some people might feel it as hassle but I do not

:lol: you really think that I do that bcoz it's free? I don't use AV bcoz it's got that geek factor. Been using PC since there used to be P4 and 256MB RAM and always knew AV use up too much resources and were not fool-proof, so decided to go AV-free(without any viruses).

I always thought most of Digitians were AV-free but this thread proves otherwise.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Lol..this thread is great..shows all kind of users:
O.P and some others-->uses antivirus,still worried about them.
Diablo and avi-->dont even care about antiviruses,and are happy.
Others -->uses antivirus and are neutral.
:lol:

rohanz

Journeyman
Lol..this thread is great..shows all kind of users:
O.P and some others-->uses antivirus,still worried about them.
Diablo and avi-->dont even care about antiviruses,and are happy.
Others -->uses antivirus and are neutral.
:lol:

And then there are the Linux users.

6Diablo9

Using Linux is not really the solution, for example why would n00b living next door use Linux? Why would a gamer use Linux? Linux also got some issues with Hardware Compatibility. Normal user won't ever need/use multi boot.

Regarding Licence Agreement you should read the the heading of window, what you're exactly installing and then click "I agree":wink:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Using Linux is not really the solution, for example why would n00b living next door use Linux? Why would a gamer use Linux? Linux also got some issues with Hardware Compatibility. Normal user won't ever need/use multi boot.

Regarding Licence Agreement you should read the the heading of window, what you're exactly installing and then click "I agree":wink:
+1. Linux ain't that user-friendly like Windows. I am from computer background and I find it irritating sometimes , I can imagine what a layman might face.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Actually for non gamers, lunix is perfect for no virus. In fact, noobs should not use windows. Old man used to click i agree and ok for anything, cudn't explain what kind of stuff to avoid, or say dont use usb with other comps. so got him to use sabayon. He could use it easily without any prompts. Problem solved. Cousin also not too tech savvy, but uses linux mint just because no viruses.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^Yes, from one angle , linux does look easy to use. Mainly, if one uses a pc only for accessing the web. But simple running of , say, multimedia files can be cumbersome due to non-availability of codecs. Also, since Windows is so popular some websites run only on IE.

6Diablo9

Actually for non gamers, lunix is perfect for no virus. In fact, noobs should not use windows. Old man used to click i agree and ok for anything, cudn't explain what kind of stuff to avoid, or say dont use usb with other comps. so got him to use sabayon. He could use it easily without any prompts. Problem solved. Cousin also not too tech savvy, but uses linux mint just because no viruses.

Almost everyone in India starts with Windows including noobs, uncles & digitian. Noobs are so much used to Windows that they won't even migrate from Win XP to Win7 and how'd they upgrade to Linux. I think Linux is better for old people as they won't use their PC for work other than listening to music, watching movies, using Internet or office suite. If you want to game and also use Linux, multi boot might be the only option.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
+1. Linux ain't that user-friendly like Windows. I am from computer background and I find it irritating sometimes , I can imagine what a layman might face.

Anyone here with non computer background :lol:

user friendlyness depends on the user. Some user like keyboard(to execute program in terminal) where some like mouse(click click click). Hardware compabilty is the only issue in Linux.

Flash

Lost in speed
Whether the term "Computer background" refers to -

1. One who came with academic background (school/college/university) on Computer science?
2. One who is well versed with Computer related stuffs, learnt via his/her own self interest?

rohanz

Journeyman
Your argument is invalid. Ubuntu is more user friendly than Windows 8.
Play games on Windows, everything else on Linux.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I have KIS 2013 and Malwarebytes . Both original maal 100% .
WHY IS MY LAPTOP SLOW? WHY DOES DRIVERS GO CORRUPT AT RANDOM? WHY DOES STUPID BOOKMARKS,LINKS AND EXTENSIONS KEEP POPPING UP IN MY BROWSER???YEAH SHIFT KEY FTW CUZ IM PISSED !!CAPS LOCK FURY IS NOTHING, ITS HOLD-DOWN-SHIFT-KEY FURY RIGHT NOW!!

MOFOS SOFTWARE COMPANIES Y U MINDFCK SO MUCH Y U NO MAKE ONE COMPLETE SOLUTION !!! . I WILL FOREVER PIRATE UR SOFTWARES HERE ONWARDS ----GUTTI KHA ---SAALA

1. Improve your English.
2. In the second quated paragraph you are talking like a illiterate village idiot. No antivirus have the liability to clean up your computer unless you use your PC carefully. Using a PC carefully is your liability & duty.
Why your computer running slow? Stop watching stupid things like p0rn and clicking random things.
Owning a PC or laptop do not really make you a good used of it, but you have to master it to avoid problems. Any 4-5 year old kid can have their own laptop & tablets. Make sure you are not using it int he same way they do.
Do educate yourself, please.
3. Nothing is free. And you decided to pirate the software? This reflects your mindset as well as the things that you were taught by your family when you were a child (or you still are).
Seriously, GFY.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
1. Improve your English.
2. In the second quated paragraph you are talking like a illiterate village idiot. No antivirus have the liability to clean up your computer unless you use your PC carefully. Using a PC carefully is your liability & duty.
Why your computer running slow? Stop watching stupid things like p0rn and clicking random things.
Owning a PC or laptop do not really make you a good used of it, but you have to master it to avoid problems. Any 4-5 year old kid can have their own laptop & tablets. Make sure you are not using it int he same way they do.
Do educate yourself, please.
3. Nothing is free. And you decided to pirate the software? This reflects your mindset as well as the things that you were taught by your family when you were a child (or you still are).
Seriously, GFY.

Wow wow smarty pants easy with your tone. Firstly you don't have any right to pass judgement on someone's mother and father based on one comment from among hundreds already made by him. Instead it shows what kind of person you are. Other members were apathetic and took my words with a pinch of salt. I could spew insults like you did but i am a bigger person so i will refrain from doing so, as of now.
I am not the only person who gets infected with virus despite proper care. Look at National Defense depts that get hacked. You think they are careless?. No, its just that they were seriously targeted. I am on a govt. VIP line and its always on, same with he Secretariat and all, anyone is free to take just that till 10GB speed is good and after that its 256kbps. Any visitor and people strolling by are free to lap up the leftover bandwidth :p once my 10Gb limit is finished. I don't know if its true but technicians say the govt. lines are high priority targets among potential hackers.

But i am not here to discuss that. Sorry for the diversion caused by a person who thinks he is an expert judge of character.
See, the "onewebsearch" problem still persists despite all the diagnostic measures i could gather. There are a lot of "solutions" on the internet, and all have to do with
1) Change/Remove the default search engine
2) delete a process called random.exe

The problem with me is that those two things don't exist for me. There is no random.exe, no entry of onewebsearch in the search options...To be sure i removed all cookies,history,search items,extensions, checked startups... everything...still this problem persists.

I would be thankful if anyone could come up with a solution, or maybe use some remote access/remote desktop/control kinda thing and take control of my PC and put some of their tech knowledge for the service of mankind :):). When i was at chip forums a friend of mine did it for me. It was great fun, it was my first time,and problem was solved too. Its like ur PC is haunted,mouse cursor moving on its own free will ;) some unknown force is controlling ur PC or thing like that... :)

And lemme just "quated" all knowing,great angreziman Mr. Know-it-All Bong back to him- GFY :D :D

Ok, i discovered something..
*img585.imageshack.us/img585/6318/vna8.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
In IE there are 2 extensions which dont show up on google search, and they cannot be disabled . I tracked it down to C:\ProgramData. There inside their respectively folder, it held the uninstall exes. I clicked, and just as i thought, nothing happened... :( What now?? ;(

Top Bottom