SMTP Servers-Fake Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
Do you know any server that support smtp relays from unauthorised users.
These servers can be used to send fake mails or to be used with fake mailers and E-mail bombing tools.
I have tested tonnes of servers but haven,t found any unprotected server yet.

Sending an anonymous email, or using another one's email is probably the most simple objective to accomplish. All you need, is:

1) An Internet Connection
2) A command prompt/Shell
3) An email server

Quite a small list isnt it? Well once you have met the above requirements, you open
up your command prompt/shell, you telnet to the email server.
(Most of the time, to telnet you type: [telnet mail.hostname.com 25])
once your connected, you say hello to the server by typing [helo]. But on some mail servers, it asks you to type [helo] with a domain name; so lets say you telnet to mail.pacbell.net, it will states that it requires domain address, so instead you type
[helo mtaw4]. (Sometimes you only have to type the first letter of the domain name.)
After you have said hello, you state who the email is from, the syntax is:
[mail from: <emailaddress@domain.com>] where emailaddress can be fake or real, and domain.com can be fake or real. Next you input the receiver, the syntax for stated is:
[rcpt to: <whoever@whatever.com>]. Once you have said hello, stated who it is from, and input who it is to, you type [Subject: Whatever Subject you want], after that, you just start typing all the data you want to the user, you enter [.] at the beginning of a blank line.

These days all servers are protected and they don,t allow unauthorised users to send emails.

Please send any suggestions.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
cheetah said:
Do you know any server that support smtp relays from unauthorised users.
The mail server has to be misconfigured to allow smtp relaying. Postfix for example allows email relaying and forwarding in its default installation. Exim, Sendmail, iPlanet dont allow relaying my default... But it all depends upon the distribution and the administrator who is handeling the mail server.

cheetah said:
These servers can be used to send fake mails or to be used with fake mailers and E-mail bombing tools.
These days all servers are protected and they don,t allow unauthorised users to send emails.
Read Ankit Fadia's Ethical Hacking... everything's there...

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have a software called FREE SMTP (or something like that, but its a freeware for sure). I haven't tried it, but from its description, it says that I can send mails directly off my PC. It came with PCQ some time back :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
tuxfan said:
I have a software called FREE SMTP (or something like that, but its a freeware for sure). I haven't tried it, but from its description, it says that I can send mails directly off my PC. It came with PCQ some time back :)

Thats very much possible.. It just installs a SMTP service on your PC and sends mail!.. There are other programs like CMailServer which can do the same..

H

h4ck3r

Cheetah...

You are wrong cheetah.. The commands for sender's address and recepients address was not mentioned.
Mail From:<yo fake email>
Rcpt To:<the victim for the fake email>
Quit:Close the telnet session
for more commands type "help" and press enter
.. Cya guyz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom