sms to customer care eating my balance/money

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
today i was talking to somebody and when i ended call i was shock by my balance... it was about rs50 less then it shpuld be... then i thought that it must some app that i must have download by mistake but i checked every app and they were free.... then a msg came from aircel for using its service so i checked balance and 3rs were gone.. so i dediced to call customer care and they told that i have downloaded a app worth 49 and a msg was sent... after calling them again 1rs deducted with same msg... i dont know which app is doing this.... apps download in this period include a game named geared, opera mobile, droidvpn and opened zenonia page for free zen... removed all these apps..... can anyone tell which app was/is behind my balance....?

dnt know why these things happen to me only....... :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: f***ing app menace

might want to give a proper title to your thread? PM me a more suitable one. :/

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: f***ing app menace

@ico: lol I agree. to me it sounded like a "down with IOS/android" thread.

reddead

LoSt!
i don't think the android apps have anything to do with it...it might be one of aircel's services which they might be calling a app, CC people don't know ****..
aircel has done something similar to me too....best bet is to register DND to avoid something like this in future

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how can Aircel charge for apps? AFAIK, to purchase apps you have to go though Android Market > Google Checkout which can't be done from phone balance or can it be?

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
dnt knw... tried to buy an app and it showed credit card option only.... maybe i opened an add on internet by.mistake.... these companies just need an excuse for deducting balance...
in the night my balance again deducted by 3rs.... just cant understand which app is eating balance or if its aircel which is making me fool.....

Flake

Linux User
Call Aircel CC and ask them about services that are currently subscribed to your number. A few months back, my cousin activated yahoo related service ( I don't remember exact name ) at my number and Aircel was deducted Rs. 3 after every 4-5 hrs. I had to ask and argue with CC and stopped service finally.

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
i asked and they said that no service is activated...... will call again if balance is deducted now and this will have a clash with them.....

bassex

Right off the assembly line
apps external service

its probably due to the apps external service.....
it is a normal thing, as android apps which uses data network may get the chance of getting ur number registered to a service.
happened to my friend also in front of me!
he downloaded an app named inditv or something like that. it was compeltely free, then it uses data connection to watch for the next one week free tv, the after one week some amount was deducted from his balance. and a message was there tht "you subscribed for a the service and rsXX/week from this week would be charges" he deactivated it from replying to the message which was instructed in the message itself.

one kind advice is always check the about section of apps downloading in android market, either from computer or from any android itself. :wink:

koolent

Youngling
Use another SIM Card with some balance for some 2 hrs or so, If the balance is still deducted you have a virus or something, if it does not, its aircel.. :) ;)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Call them to refund the money,Airtel Always refunds my money within hours.
Off background sync.Off mobile data when your not using your cell.I Did that and my money now doesnt deduct.Or take a small 1.Re Internet pack if Your Aircel has it

R2K

In the Zone
Are you sure there is no facebook/twitter apps updating itself in the background ?

koolent

Youngling
Shutting down the data transfer from settings will prevent any update.. You can always switch it on when you feel like using the internet..

OP
pramudit

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
found the cause...
it was aircel only, how could they charge for sms to customer care....? i know talking to executive is chargeble but sms also... thats ridiculous...

koolent

Youngling
Leave them.. Just be careful from next times.. As you might have already learnt and if possible switch to Airtel, I use it and its perfect.. Well, best of luck for next times.. May this never happens to anyone else :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom