Smartphone in the budget of 12-14K

Soumik

Padawan
lumina 710 recomendation from me..
available within 15 k... wp7 battery is better than android

omnia w better.. but out of budget..

Soumik

Padawan
omnia w is out of OP's budget.. lets not talk abt it... :)
among the phones in his range.. lumina 710 has a decent screen, and better battery life.. should go for it...

btw.. am not sure lumina's clear black lcd can stand upto omnia w's super amoled.. :O

sorry.. please dont mind my 'lumina'.. i always say that... sounds better to me :D

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies guys. The Lumia 710 as suggested by many of you'll, surely is a very nice phone . But the lack of expandable memory is the dealbreaker for me as i carry a lot of music + ebooks with me, for which i will be needing a 32gig card. So, i guess the only phone that fits the bill is the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.

And i'm not even thinking about getting the Galaxy Ace. That idea has long vanished! :D

Soumik

Padawan
if you are willing to buy online... Neo V is available for 15.05K in ebay. new one.
its got the same chipset as LWW, just a larger screen... :)

if not... LWW is good enough buy in your budget

rajan1311

Padawan
And how's that?

that's just my view...the blacks look deeper..even the text (smaller text) feels slightly better...till I actually compared the two omnia w and lumia I thought the amoled is way way better...not the case..

Btw according to anandtech its got a much brighter display as well..

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
if you are willing to buy online... Neo V is available for 15.05K in ebay. new one.
its got the same chipset as LWW, just a larger screen... :)

if not... LWW is good enough buy in your budget

I saw that . But aren't those coming with a Seller's warranty and not a manufacturer's one? Don't know how reliable that is tbh..

I love the Neo V man. I'd sell 1 of my pinkies if it were possible to get that phone :p

Soumik

Padawan
well.. tbh i never bought anything from ebay... but these letsbuy and flipkart have good enough waranty... if its defective u send it back to them.. they replace it and send it back immediately... no sure abt ebay.. should be similar... as the guy is a power seller(15.05 one).
If anyone has exp of buying from ebay, they can share.
Go for Neo v if you can... larger screen is a big bonus... :)

TheLetterD

Will Power
@OP These Neo V phones which offer seller's warranty are imported models and if the Phone is defective you will have to 'send' your phone to them, and then again you would have no idea in what time are you gonna get it back. I know people to which this happened and although the seller did change their phones it took them 1-1.5 months and a dozen angry phone calls to the seller.
So I suggest you go and check your local shops for the phone.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5 for Rs 13k
3.8" screen, 512MB RAM, 4GB Inbuilt, 5 MP Autofocus with flash,
Qualcomm MSM7230 CPU 800 MHz Scorpion with GPU Adreno 205
Runs Cyanogenmod, high probability of getting ICS 4.0

funskar

Padawan
1. Budget? Max budget is 14k

2. Display type and size? Minimum 3.5" . Want as big a screen as possible as i'm gonna do a lot of web surfing.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung, LG, Motorola , Nokia , SE

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Need a decent cam. Front cam not required. LED Flash a must. Autofocus would be a bonus.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Preferably Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G/Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Flash , GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Camera , Email, Music and Internet. No gaming!

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Galaxy Ace, Wildfire S

12. Any other info that you want to share Need the following things :

- Good battery life. Phone shouldn't die on me after few hours of music + net surfing
- Good camera
- Fast OS
- Good screen size
- Will not be buying online

buy lumia 710 for 14.5k frm sulekha..

Or else order Motorola defy from flipkart as soon possilbe.. best fone under 15k

Motorola Defy: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
buy lumia 710 for 14.5k frm sulekha..

Or else order Motorola defy from flipkart as soon possilbe.. best fone under 15k

Motorola Defy: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

he said that he wont buy online...

@op, Increase budget a bit and buy nokia lumia 710 for around 15k or buy sony neo for 15.5k.. Or You can check out hard to find moto defy, price should be between 13k to 14k...
No good phone with screen>3.5 inch is available within 14k...

funskar

Padawan
he said that he wont buy online...

@op, Increase budget a bit and buy nokia lumia 710 for around 15k or buy sony neo for 15.5k.. Or You can check out hard to find moto defy, price should be between 13k to 14k...
No good phone with screen>3.5 inch is available within 14k...

lo..

there wat problem buying online..
order cash on delivery from flipkart..
n u can find hardly defy in market

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If you don't mind Symbian, you can try the Nokia 603. It has pretty much every feature you require except flash on the camera. Symbian Belle has come a long way and is very usable now.

The other option for you is the Motorola Fire XT, which packs Android 2.3 and also has an LED flash.

But the Nokia 603 has a much better ClearBack display, you can say it's comparable to SCLCD from Samsung.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
thats why i wrote "hard to find moto defy".... :p

maybe he never bought anything online so he's not comfortable with it...

I'm a regular online shopper. But i need to have the feel of the phone i'm planning to get before buying . So i would prefer an 'offline' purchase.

I'm very busy with work at the moment. I have decided to get the Live with Walkman as it offers pretty much everything i require . I will have to make-do with the small screen .

Thanks for all the help :)

Top Bottom