Smartphone Below INR.20,000/-

acervenky

Broken In
I agree...but most of the reviews show that it can run almost all HD games well...so its resolution is it's plus...I mean in the sense that as it has "crap" resolution so it can run games well when coupled with an ok CPU and GPU....
So on what basis are you ruling grand out of eqn...all reviews lean towards it (atleast the once I have seen)..

Again its up to op not forcing him...
Also I am not a Sammy fanboy...:p

Grow Up Dude.
It Doesn't Mean That Benchmarks Say Everything About The Device.
For Eg.If You Couple Up Snapdragon 600 And A 480 x 800 Then It Will Burn All The Benchmarks :evil:
Samsung Has Used The Same Design On SGS3,Note 2,Galaxy Express.
Manufacturers Don't Reduce Resolution For Performance,They Reduce It To Reduce The Cost Of Device,So The Cost Of Grand Should Be Between 12-15k
Samsung Has Announced A Quad Core Version Of Grand With NFC.
Do Proper Research Before Suggesting A Device.
@OP LG L9 Is A Good Option,But If You Can Wait,Sony Is Going To Announce Two New Devices In A Few Days.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
L9 is the best option. Even jellybean update is on its way. It's been released in Europe (European LG Optimus L9 gets the Jelly Bean treatment - GSMArena.com news)

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Grow Up Dude.
It Doesn't Mean That Benchmarks Say Everything About The Device.
For Eg.If You Couple Up Snapdragon 600 And A 480 x 800 Then It Will Burn All The Benchmarks :evil:
Samsung Has Used The Same Design On SGS3,Note 2,Galaxy Express.
Manufacturers Don't Reduce Resolution For Performance,They Reduce It To Reduce The Cost Of Device,So The Cost Of Grand Should Be Between 12-15k
Samsung Has Announced A Quad Core Version Of Grand With NFC.
Do Proper Research Before Suggesting A Device.
@OP LG L9 Is A Good Option,But If You Can Wait,Sony Is Going To Announce Two New Devices In A Few Days.

Link please!! I never heard Samsung announcing a Quad core version of Grand with NFC. Would you please post the link?

the.one

In the zone
^
I think he was talkin about the version that Samsung announced specially for the Korean consumers............

acervenky

Broken In
Link please!! I never heard Samsung announcing a Quad core version of Grand with NFC. Would you please post the link?
Do You Know Google :cool:
Samsung Announces New Galaxy Grand with Quad-Core CPU
Samsung Has Many Overpriced Devices In The Market And SGG Is One Of Them.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Do You Know Google :cool:
Samsung Announces New Galaxy Grand with Quad-Core CPU
Samsung Has Many Overpriced Devices In The Market And SGG Is One Of Them.

Well, I actually searched gsmarena, and couldn't find any. Moreover, since this device wasn't launched globally at MWC 2013, I don't think Samsung is going to launch this device in India :/

acervenky

Broken In
Gsmarena : Samsung outs Galaxy Grand for South Korea with quad-core CPU - GSMArena.com news :cool:
Read The Second Comment,And You Will See That Samsung Is Just Robbing People In India.
Now OnTopic Please.:evil:

randomuser111

Technomancer
I think you should consider Xperia L now @ OP

It's much more powerful than Xperia SL performance wise, and better camera too. The only downside is the screen resolution.

5fusion

Journeyman
I think you should consider Xperia L now @ OP
It's much more powerful than Xperia SL performance wise, and better camera too. The only downside is the screen resolution.
:thumbs:
resolution may be bit low from 2days standards but not at all bad and acceptable or good if i may say. s2 is still selling & people are living with it good.
The design alone and h/w of xperia L are so good that one shoudnt even care for the resolution:)

Mayank_j

Right off the assembly line
@ 20k there are Xperia p ,Xperia S, Xperia .sl HTC desire sv, ... in windows u have lumia 800 ,
u could also see grand duos but i wont recommend it..

acervenky

Broken In
228 ppi Is Not The Best But It Is Also Not Bad(At Last Its A Midranger),Hardware Is Cool,But Wonder Why The Rec. Is Only 720p Because SOC Supports 1080p (HTC One SV) And The Camera Is Also 8 MP.

Xperia L :flamethrower: Cortex A9 Based Chips (L9,SXSL,SGGrand,etc.)

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Hahahahahahahha :D

Btw I think it should be Cortex A9 instead of Snapdragon S3. As Galaxy Grand and L9 don't use Qualcomm chip but Broadcom/TI Dual Cortex A9 chips.

And they restricted video recording to 720p keeping the price in mind. Xperia L is Xperia U+ J successor and both of them did 720p only.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Xperia L, eyes closed. Wait for few days and get X:L. If what randomuser said is true, price will not be higher than 18k and design is jaw dropping.

acervenky

Broken In
^

Hahahahahahahha :D

Btw I think it should be Cortex A9 instead of Snapdragon S3. As Galaxy Grand and L9 don't use Qualcomm chip but Broadcom/TI Dual Cortex A9 chips.

And they restricted video recording to 720p keeping the price in mind. Xperia L is Xperia U+ J successor and both of them did 720p only.

Edited :mrgreen:
It Would Have Been Great If They Placed 3 Colour Changing Leds,Anyways One Also Does Its Job Superbly.
Waiting For These Two To Arrive In India :meditate:

Top Bottom