Slow Burning Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharkiman

Broken In
I've been experiencing this problem of very slow DVD burning speeds, of about 1.5X even when the target is set to 16X. When using Nero, I observed that the buffer level keeps fluctuating. The DVD which is supposed to burn in 7-8 minutes is taking an hour to burn.

Config : P4 2.8, ASRock Motherboard, 768MB RAM, etc etc.
Recent Change : New SMPS

Please help!!!!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
First see if DMA mode is enabled in the properties of the burner. If not, try enabling it.

Second, does this happen with all the media. And are the media reputed or cheap ones?

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
If u r using Nero 6 Change to Nero 7 becos it has ULTRA BUFFER. it will give u extra speed for writing.

OP
T

tharkiman

Broken In
I'm using Nero 7.....and also Roxio EMC 9... nd the medium is Moser Baer 4x DVD+RWs nd also tried 16x DVD+Rs

But this problem wasn't there earlier... So no possibility of softwares causing the problems..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
tharkiman said:
I'm using Nero 7.....and also Roxio EMC 9... nd the medium is Moser Baer 4x DVD+RWs nd also tried 16x DVD+Rs

But this problem wasn't there earlier... So no possibility of softwares causing the problems..
Then am sure its the DMA that's been disabled weirdly. Just re-enable it and you'll get back the good speeds.

@deathvirus_me - Lol :D

dabster

In the zone
Yeah seemingly it is due to DMA problem.
Check in Device manager -> IDE -> properties of primary or secondary Channel...
It will show in advanced settings Tab, the current DMA mode. It shouldn't be in PIO mode.
post in details of that if you still have problem

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom