Sleepy Broadband Idel Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Recently I have taken a Broadband connection of BSNL. Everything is right but there is a problem. When I connect to the Internet It get connected and the speed is also very good. But what happens after 40-50 minutes my connection get hanged. Notification area show that the system is connected to net with the speed of 10mbps but I can't open any web page. I have to restart the connection sometime the whole System. After restart when I connect It gets connected and every thing become allright What will be the Problem.

The second problem is that in the notification area the speed shows 10mbps. why it is so .I think since it is broadband the speed should be much higher. Although It shows 10mbps. The speed is very good. Plz tell me why it is showing the speed so less although it is not.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
The second problem is that in the notification area the speed shows 10mbps. why it is so .I think since it is broadband the speed should be much higher. Although It shows 10mbps. The speed is very good. Plz tell me why it is showing the speed so less although it is not.

You live in India???:D:D
Dude 8MBps is the max. speed they provide for the home broadband segment.
And about the notification area... Dont rely on that. Its just a network speed and NOT your internet speed.
More information will be provided by the geeks of this forum.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Mine 2 NIC cards speed is 100 mbps each.

But only the one for LAN gets 100% utilisation cuz the other PC supports duplex 100base connection fully.

And NET gets utilisation less than 1% that shows the maximum speed provided by my ISP and this is what capped it.
*img509.imageshack.us/img509/8866/asor7.jpg

Even gettin 2mbps for home plan is not easy talk.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
First of all are you using parallel telephone connections ?
Second, which interface are you using to connect your modem to PC - USB or Ethernet ?

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
Recently I have taken a Broadband connection of BSNL. Everything is right but there is a problem. When I connect to the Internet It get connected and the speed is also very good. But what happens after 40-50 minutes my connection get hanged. Notification area show that the system is connected to net with the speed of 10mbps but I can't open any web page. I have to restart the connection sometime the whole System. After restart when I connect It gets connected and every thing become allright What will be the Problem.

For ur first problem check your telephone line for electric surge (call BSNL lazy $hits they will do it )

Secondly 10Mbps is speed of data transfer between your Router and USB(virtual lan port) .....check ur connection(broadband) speed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom