Should i buy lg o1 or wait for galaxy gio?

Chetan1991

Youngling
I want to buy an android mob and my budget is 8 - 10k.
I just read on a thread that lg o1 is available at 10k now. I had my eyes set on samsung galaxy gio but its gonna come after may and i dont know if it's price'll be in the vicinity of 10k.

My requirements:
i'm online nearly every hour of the day, so battery's performance counts
Gaming; I'd like to play ps1 games and use other emulators
a decent camera would be nice, though i'm not very picky regarding this.
Customization
Developer stuff; interpreters etc.
Snappy response
capability to read most file formats just like a pc (pdf, rmvb, other multimedia formats)

I compared the mobiles and here r the diff.s

galaxy gio:
better processor; 800 mhz
wifi n
perhaps better battery
swype input
looks cooler to me

optimus 1:
perhaps better camera
cheaper
has got a gpu, dunno about gio

here's a page showing their details:
Compare phones: LG Optimus One, Samsung GALAXY Gio - Phone Arena

what do you guys say? Which one should i get?
If the gio'll cost more than 12k, then its a definite no no, also i dont wanna wait. So please help the so-very-confused me.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Oh, i forgot to mention about os updates.
O1 perhaps wont recieve any update and gio might (just my guesses, illiterate in the subject). I wonder why dont they mobiles like computers with common arch. So you can put any os you want. Any thoughts?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
easy pick. O1 is 4k cheaper than Gio and has better h/w. LG has promised Gingerbread for O1 and it is getting some good support from modders too. Head over to XDA for help

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanx very much desi 007. M is very pleased :D

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Could i have contact info from where to buy o1 in chandigarh at 10k or lower?
Sorry to nag like that but I've got no haggling skills and usually end up paying more than what i should.
I've also post my req. At consumermate. Hope that helps.

pauldmps

Banned
There is no point waiting for the Gio. I don't think it will have any better specs than the Galaxy Ace which has only 256MB RAM. Better get the O1.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Check this out
LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half - GSMArena.com

i'm drooling like a dog! Many multimedia phones cheaper than the o1. If only i could install android on them. Are they cheaper here in too? How would you compare them to optimus?

pauldmps

Banned
Android can be installed on the Samsung Jet but not everything will be fully functional. Also I doubt its availability now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Chetan1991, if you want to wait, wait for Wildfire S, not some Samsung mobile. if you can't wait, check the price of O1 locally. should be available at 11k or less. bargain & get it for 10k.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
What's the expected price of wildfire s, and when is it expected to arrive?

Has anyone bought optimus 1 at 10k in chd. Or ambala?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What's the expected price of wildfire s, and when is it expected to arrive?

Has anyone bought optimus 1 at 10k in chd. Or ambala?

no idea when Wildfire S is going to reach India. it can take weeks to months as they have been lazy about launching new products in India.

pauldmps

Banned
It is available online at 10k on ebay. eBay India: LG Optimus One P500 Android 2.2 Froyo WIFI 3G (item 270717086650 end time 16-Mar-2011 08:00:00 IST)

Visit your local stores to find the market price.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanks. Will wait for your reply.
I would prefer buying from a shop rather online as i've never bought anything from ebay before. Has anyone bought o1 from "e-represent" at ebay?

Soumik

Padawan
Wildfire S would certainly launch a lot higher than ace. I can trust HTC for that. It will take time for its price to come down.
Gio - i couldnt see anything better than O1.. other than extra flash. No point waiting for it.
Check out some trusted local shop. I know in Bangalore its available for 10.2K in one of the local shops.

Top Bottom