Sharing info regarding reliability of laptop

adnan87

Broken In
One thing i have noticed since past that brands like sony vaio, dell are more concerned about reliability of laptop than just putting in the best possible GPU in the laptop.

Eg: In previous sony vaio EB series it had underclocked hd5650 GPU unlike other brands, even in current CB series, it has gone for lower clocked HD6630m instead of HD6650m.

I have noticed that higher the clock speed-> more the heat produced-> reduces the life of laptop.

On the contrary, i have noticed brand like HP, is more concerned about attracting the customers than reliability of laptop.
It puts in the best possible GPU (high clocked) at low price to attract customers.
Eg: dv6-6121 with 6770m( high clock speed) . It doesnt have cooling system which can cool down this beast.
Hence more heat produced-> less reliability.

I have posted this information because I have seen people recommending HP laptop all the way than other brands just falling for its specs without thinking about reliability.

Even people who buy laptop for gaming should look at specs as well as reliability.

I have posted this here as i feel its an advice regarding buying a laptop.

Note: This is just my opinion. I am not supporting any brand nor opposing any brand.
Heat is one of the causes that reduces the life of laptop.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yeah, but lower performance -> Lower heat, but lower lifespan too. This laptop will be slower and be outdated sooner and become a piece a **** earlier.
Secondly if you can afford a 50k laptop, you should not skimp on a decent cooler which will cost 2-3% of the total price of the laptop.

OP
A

adnan87

Broken In
^
Just having slower clocked gfx card doesnt make laptop outdated, remember it can be overclocked easily.

Laptop is not ONLY a gaming machine, its used for other purposes as well.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
Just having slower clocked gfx card doesnt make laptop outdated, remember it can be overclocked easily.

Laptop is not ONLY a gaming machine, its used for other purposes as well.
And people mostly recommend the HP for gaming. Sony Viao with the 1080p screen is what I would recommend for movies/internet etc.

And remember the faster GFX can be overclocked easily too.

Also,

I have noticed that higher the clock speed-> more the heat produced-> reduces the life of laptop.

wouldn't OCing the GPU reduce the life of the laptop :rolleyes:

OP
A

adnan87

Broken In
^
If its only for gaming and nothing else, xbox or PS3 is the way to go.

I don't recommend overclocking bro, i said its posible :wink:

overclocking a faster gfx card will make laptop an oven:))

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
If its only for gaming and nothing else, xbox or PS3 is the way to go.

I don't recommend overclocking bro, i said its posible :wink:

overclocking a faster gfx card will make laptop an oven:))
Ugh what? Xbox and PS3 gaming is no where near PC gaming. And you don't have to game all the time on a gaming laptop.

And have you seen the HP thread? Many owners are running the 6770M OCed. And look at US based forums, people are running 6970M with OC.

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
dude we know that and thats why pc gaming is suffering, support it ,pc helps u with all kinds of stuffs...most of us go for vfm...except like some1 who has a plasma screens and AC in all rooms ,with 2-3 sedans (i mean really rich kind,add examples if u want.. :D)..
support PC gaming or wont live long..!!! PEACE.. :)

OP
A

adnan87

Broken In
@ ishu gupta

Don't compare indian climatic conditions with US, weather is cool over there so there wont be any prob in o'clocking the gfx card,its not the same here especially in summer.

Am not against PC gaming, i do game a lot on PC:wink:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
@ ishu gupta

Don't compare indian climatic conditions with US, weather is cool over there so there wont be any prob in o'clocking the gfx card,its not the same here especially in summer.

Am not against PC gaming, i do game a lot on PC:wink:
HP thread. In this forum. In INDIA. People with OCed 6770M.

Nothing is wrong with pc gaming,but gaming in laptop is not very wise!
Razer Blade say Hi.

Sarath

iDota
Reliability maybe, but that doesn't hide the fact that Sony has inferior hardware in comparison to HP. (viewpoint is speed here)

But yes if the laptop heats up too much it is not going to be very usable but I don't think HP laptops heat up a lot during the initial year, after which it requires cleaning up.

aryan24

Broken In
Great. go ahead. Using laptop as oven

That's exaggeration. Shall we take your word or the ones who own it?

To add the owners of that system are also concerned about heating problem, but then again the system doesnt heat up the way you are presenting it.

and why dont you just a get 2 k worth cooler..i'm sure the ones who are getting 54 k system can manage 2 k cooler too

Code:
What's the use of having the best hardware which wont fetch you in the log run.

again exaggeration, have you gone through the reviews? If not why dont you spend some time going through reviews?

OP
A

adnan87

Broken In
^
Check the below thread, its regarding dv6 series with 4650gfx card. Just see what they say about laptop in the beginning when its brand new, then check the end part, after 2 years.

Forums.Chip.in • View topic - All info on HP dv6-1110ax / dv6 1211ax/ dv6 2005 ax

red dragon

Master troll
^
Check the below thread, its regarding dv6 series with 4650gfx card. Just see what they say about laptop in the beginning when its brand new, then check the end part, after 2 years.

Forums.Chip.in • View topic - All info on HP dv6-1110ax / dv6 1211ax/ dv6 2005 ax

After reading that thread in that stupid forum I bought the dv6 in 2009,I have never made such a mistake with gadgets.
It is seriously a 3rd class laptop(that forum is even worse,even the mods are retards)

red dragon

Master troll
That's exaggeration. Shall we take your word or the ones who own it?

To add the owners of that system are also concerned about heating problem, but then again the system doesnt heat up the way you are presenting it.

and why dont you just a get 2 k worth cooler..i'm sure the ones who are getting 54 k system can manage 2 k cooler too

Code:
What's the use of having the best hardware which wont fetch you in the log run.

again exaggeration, have you gone through the reviews? If not why dont you spend some time going through reviews?

The owners here own them for 3/4 months,the magic begins after one year.
What reviews are you talking about?cnet Asia?Find something from little better sites.
Laptop cooler is not really a viable solution for many people,the laptop itself is too bulky heavy to the point of being fugly.
Why not ask people who have used dv6 for a year or more?

Top Bottom