Share your experience of help you got from total strangers!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi everyone, in our daily life we seldom see an event of humanity or kind deeds people performing for each other. Many of us stopped expecting help from even persons we know leave alone total strangers.

But, I want to believe something else....I want to believe that humanity is still alive and empathy, humility and kindness still exists.

Please share all the experiences where you received help from a total stranger.

To begin, let me share once incident of mine.

The year was 2012. I went to Chandni Chowk, Kolkata to receive my 23" Dell monitor. The box was light but was huge. The time was in the evening, if I'm not wrong it could be 6.30PM I started for home.
I had to reach Airport which is in another part of town. Tried Metro and the police simply refused me to allow to even enter station with the huge box. I tried Taxis but none agreed to travel that part of town.
Then I tried the impossible, boarded a local bus that goes my place. Why is it impossible? Because 6.30PM is office time when boarding a bus even with a small bag is a sin and here I was with this huge box.
The conductor simply refused me to enter and I opposed. He even pushed me and tried to throw the box of mine from bus but I stood firm and went into a tussle with him. This time few passengers took my side and supported my reason and few supported the conductor.
The bus stopped going and I was fearing maybe the sympathy of these people would vanish soon as they are getting late to reach home.
At that moment an young man close to my age asked me to sit beside him (there was still seats left as it was the starting point for the bus). He told that he would hold the box for me while I arrange a place or any way I could settle that. Even he got into fight withe conductor supporting me to ride the bus.
Thanx to the stranger I got to seat, held my monitor near my chest the whole way, no passenger got issues standing or seating beside me. Reached home within time.

Its just experience on good-Samaritans on road. Share yours now.

-------------------------------------------Recovered from cache----------------------------------------------------

flyingcow said:
that was you?? you cudve mentioned you were from TDF, this world is so small...

2013 mid.
i woke up very late, it was the day for our college practicals, i had already missed 1 practical, and the admin had warned me not to miss anymore,so i was very worried, while i was driving to the college, i noticed i had almost no petrol in my vehicle, i feared that i wouldnt even last till the nearest gas station. luckily i arrived there and filled te whole tank, 300 rs. and to my shock i had no wallet/money, a woman besides me(in a hurry, honking, shouting at the man there to hurry up) saw me and inquired, i had no money for the petrol, she looked at me angrily and payed the money to the man, and told me to go away (lulwtf) i hurriedly thanked her( she still looked angry) and sped away...

btw does anyone ofyou giv lifts to random passerbys??
i always stop if someone asks, ihave given about 6-7 lifts till now, they(mostly students) always have a littlechat with me and thank me when they are gone, it always fells good to do such kind of work...
also do you guysconsider giving money to beggers etc?? ( i always do)

harshilsharma63 said:
I was walking down a road when it suddenly started raining. Immediately a man stopped by me and asked me to sit on his scotty (I didn't even asked for a lift). He dropped me at the last common point of our route.

Please continue guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember kicking a stranger on his arse, "THIS IS SPARTA!!11" style, because he was urinating next to the road.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I saved few puppies getting killed by the ongoing fast vehicles on the road.... there were people around and no one bothered to take them off the road :mad:
I don't know if I should be writing this here... the puppies should be writing it here :lol:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
the one i could remember is that when i was studying in 5th standard i went to school by bus on August 15th. Bus fee concession was not available on that day. i took just 1 rupee only before leaving my home(50 paise for going to school and 50 paise for coming back from school). since it was a public holiday, the conductor denied to take pass. i didn't have any money and i didn't know what to do. he was scolding me and one stranger took my ticket. i say thanks to him now because i couldn't do when the event was happened :)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I saved few puppies getting killed by the ongoing fast vehicles on the road.... there were people around and no one bothered to take them off the road :mad:
I don't know if I should be writing this here... the puppies should be writing it here :lol:

Really appreciate what you did...but...erm....please share 'help' you got from strangers not the otherwise.

Hrishi

How can you kick a stranger spartan style?

Kick and run. He can't run towards you at same time , because he has to zip it.
Till the time he does it , you'll be long gone.

I hit a total stranger in his face with punches , and probably kicked him in the ars3 too , because he was caught pick-pocketing cellphone from another stranger in the bus.
There were others too , who played a major role in this.

It felt so good. Happened almost 3 years ago , while I was travelling from Kalkaji to South Ex , and it was a Blue Line bus.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The thief helped him with free chance to clean hands
Ok sry

This one time went on a solo trek was abducted by a group who didnt wanna lemme go alone.

Another time my bag strap was broken, so was unsure about a steep bit. Was sitting half way when everyone else and another group went up. After 15-20 minutes gathered courage and went to the top. My group and unknown group both cheered when i reached top.

Hrishi

I met and befriend 3 girls from Denver , Colorado. They were travelling to Delhi-Mumbai to catch their flight back to Denver.
I had great time with them, we discussed and helped each other a lot. And all this happened in the fuss created by the Train delays caused by Gujjar Strikes in 2010 December , and intense fog.
This was one of the best experience I ever had while travelling in Indian railways.

FYI , the train was delayed by almost 24hr.!!!! And was routed through Jhansi , Gwalior , Ujjain and whole MP , instead of Rajasthan. It took more than 26Hr , instead of just 14 to travel the distance.

flyingcow

Shibe
when i was in jr. kg the autowala didnt come to pick me up, i waited and waited then i decide to go on my own and started walking,
i walked for a few mins and then i realized i dont know the way home, so istarted crying and a woman saw me and asked me where was i going , i kept crying, so she took me at her home, then she saw the idcard hanging from my neck and called my parents, she also gave me toys to play with, most of them were girly, them my parents arrived and thanked the lady, turns out she was a mother of a girl in the same class as me, i rewally apreciate the work that the lady did :)

i had to bury my own little puppy (called pp) when a noob fking driver crushed him under his car, that fgt...:cry:
he was so cute and i had plans to keep him till he was died (naturally) :(
i still cant unsee the image of crushed pp, his belly was swollen and you could see inside him :cry:

How can you kick a stranger spartan style?
like this
*static.fjcdn.com/gifs/THIS+IS+....+Source+http+youtube.com+watch+v+1D7J5YygEoM_550d68_4568259.gif

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
This happened in 2012, i guess.

I was in a crowded express train standing, and people were sitting 5 in a row. I was very much tired that day, and i keep on yawning.
Suddenly on one moment, my chest started to pain - breathing became difficult and i was sweating so much that my shirt got wet within 5 minutes.
I tried to exhale and inhale briefly and slowly, but the chest pain was becoming worse and am fighting myself to control it. I even bent a little towards the window, to grab some air.

Then a person (of my age) who was sitting as 5th tapped me on my back, and asked me to sit. With the pain i tried to look like normal to him, but he grasped the sweating and bodily moments, and asked me to sit.
I thanked him and sat, the wind was falling on my face via the window and i slowly exhaled and inhaled deeply. Things were then came back to normal in few minutes. The pain disappeared slowly and i became normal.
The station came, i dropped off from the train. Later i found that, he was also from my place who's travelling daily in work.

It was this stranger, who helped me in that difficult time. I silently thank him within myself, whenever i see him accidentally while walking.

flyingcow

Shibe
This happened in 2012, i guess. I was in a crowded express train standing, and people were sitting 5 in a row. I was very much tired that day, and i keep on yawning....
wow...such a nice guy
btw did you get it checked ??
heart attack?

Top Bottom