Several Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Several queries:
1. At my office, BSNL connection has suddenly stopped functioning. When contacted BSNL, they say that my internet hours are Ok (41 hours left). The modem when used to dial other phones through hyper terminal or phone dialer works alright. Is it possible that some component of hardware has gone bad? I have attempted to remove the modem and reinstall, deleted and created new DUN but of no avail.
2. On my Win XP laptop, when I shut down and re-open, my language bar disappears (I work in Urdu and Hindi) and the 'Advanced text services' get disabled in the Regional and language settings. Is it a virus?
3. Whenever I use 'quotes' in any document, in Word or in Oo.o writer, (even in Notepad as I experienced just now) quotes do not show. I have to type twice thrice, then it shows 2-3 quotes, or at times, at another place where I do not intend to . Sometimes, a quote with A becomes - À or c becomes - ç (here I failed to put quotes and used hyphen instead!). Is it a bug since I have installed complex script languages?
4. While using Internet (R-connect) last night through my Reliance Mobile, it showed a strange number in my call history. Normally, it never shows any number when it connects to the net, as it does not call a number through telephony. This number is '000372702201'. Could it be a spyware or a dialer unintentionally installed and dialed a number through my cell? I suspect that it is an international number.
Aijaz

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
if it was working fine a while back , try system restore to a date on or before which it was working ok . make a restore point on ur current settings too b4 switching over .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom