Serious Sam 2 on ATi GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Hi

I ran the game with my CPU at 2.55 and using mem divider 333 1T.
It was lagging, bad enough to be worse than unplayable. The game was fine at 10X7 Med with rare stuttering, but it was really really bad at higher settings. This is worse than my 6600GT. CCC - default settings.
It was the demo version.

I am facing lagging problems with MW demo as well, though it is no so severe.

Other games also may have a slight problem but not all games have the problem.

I am using a generic cabinet, had opened the case while playing.
I am using 1 X 80mm exhaust fan, 1 X 80mm fan close to the hdd, tt bh, 2 fans with cabinet.

Please help.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
akshayt said:
It was the demo version.
That is the key word.
Even I have an ATI graphics card and the Serious Sam 2 Demo gave me major problems, so obviously you're not the only one suffering from this problem. ATI obviously isn't going to correct an issue with the demo of a year old game so just forget about it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
akshayt said:
This is worse than my 6600GT. CCC - default settings.
Which ATI card are u using? Nd by these words it seems powerful than the 6600GT. I can't believe its lagging in those settings.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think its some problem in settings...check whether Vsync is turned on, if the turn it off.
Also if u play at some 1600*1200 or higher resolution needs min 2GB or more RAM to store those huge texture files nd all. Even if you have the most powerful card, its sure to lag. Upgrade your ram to 2GB or more if u play at max res @max quality[mostly texture quality].

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I have a 1900XTX with 2GB dual ch RAM.
Serious Sam2 demo the toy game, I don't think it is that old.
It runs fine at 10X7 Med, after that, it goes bad.

I am getting lagging in MW demo as well.
I never used to get these kind of lagging ever. It is after a complete system service which corrected my stuttering almost fully.

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Because it is a freak occurence. You normally don't expect a X1900XTX to run a game so slowly. What has being a "wise old owl" got to do with it?

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
This is a problem may be some rare man can solve. not most of the so called good ones will do.

please help.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)COD2 full: slight lagging, slight only.

2)GTA:SA: Noticeable lagging, but game is playable.

3)MW demo: Lots of lagging

4)SS2 demo: nothing but lagging at higher settings

5)Timeshift demo: Occasional jerkyiness/stuttering. Sometimes little lagging but generally ok.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Tried hardware stock

MW demo: There was something, not that kind of lagging as before which had kind of gone, but the game wasn't smooth @ 2GHz I feel.

SS2 demo: Things were much better, but again it wasn't fast/snappy enough or smooth enough as you say to play. I think some amount of overclock is required.

What does all this mean.

Should I try lower volts with lower overclocks.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)No I haven't.

2)Even if I had, 1900XTX is capable of playing these kind of games at those settings.

Stalker

Padawan
i can't believe that SS2 & MW can stress a 1900XTX...................
try Omega drivers, make sure no unnecessary programs r running in the background

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
akshayt said:
Why, is 6.8 known to have these problems?
No. I'm using 6.8 and it works just fine.
Your's seems to be a freak occurence. Reinstall Windows and if possible try the card on another PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom