Serious Sam 2 on ATi GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Run 3DMark 06 and see if your card matches the expected score for a X1900XTX.
If nothing seems to work then complain to the manufacturer and get a new piece.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Even my 7600GT scores 4k+ on 3D MARK 06. There's somethin wrong with ur card. If u r willing to take the risk then update it with latest firmware nd try.

Stalker

Padawan
the card is faulty............a 1900xtx shudnt perform so badly,
but try it on a friends comp first!

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Switch says that it is overheating and he will do it right when I meet him. Now that will be 1.5months from him. He is moderator at TE and a member at Digit as well.
He says the cabinet doesn't have right cable management, he has personally had a look at it.
Does this seem fine to you?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
There is not much problem if u oc it to some safe values. But if u do some xtreme oc then facors like cable managemenet for better air flow etc should be taken into consideration.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I haven't overclocked the card. I did run ATI tool max core or something once and it did a 1-2mhz or so overclock but after that I cancelled it.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
My friend also had somewhat same problem.......are all drivers updated and properly installed???..is the WINDOWS XP original copy???

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@akshyat : Maybe something is dying ... since i remember u mentioned that the m/b had problem with particular modules , which were absolutely absent in most other cases , u could have already been using a faulty piece of hardware (had my days with one too) ... did u try to update the bios ?? or ru facing the problem after updating the bios ??

Also .. post the complete config .. makes it much easier to judge ..

Also , u mentioned u oc'ed the CPU ... ru sure ur RAM is able to tolerate the OC ... also.. .. ru using A8N-E ?? .. then see if 2T makes any diff.

Also .. the X1900XTX is pretty much bottlenecked by the X2 4800+ in most cases ... and i don't think ur oc'ed CPU is better than that CPU .. ur CPU can actually turn out to be a huge bottleneck , even with the oc ..

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
@deathmevirus, thanks for the help but all that doesn't hold good in my case.

I have updated my BIOS. Those RAM modules weren't supported by my motherboard at that time according to the BIOS. Today things may be different.

The CPU is not a practical bottleneck, although it doesn't show the GPUs true might, the gameplay I want is achievable with this CPU on my GPU.

I have tried both stock and overclocked. That is not true either.

Seems overheating to me!!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@deathvirus_me
But he's not playing it at even 1600*1200. Then how could be the CPU the bottleneck?

Well , at 1600*1200 , the CPU would be a less bottleneck in most games .. at 1024*768 , the CPU is a big factor ...

@deathmevirus, thanks for the help but all that doesn't hold good in my case.

I have updated my BIOS. Those RAM modules weren't supported by my motherboard at that time according to the BIOS. Today things may be different.

The CPU is not a practical bottleneck, although it doesn't show the GPUs true might, the gameplay I want is achievable with this CPU on my GPU.

I have tried both stock and overclocked. That is not true either.

Seems overheating to me!!!

Post ur full config ... plz ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom