Send .exe in Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi all,

Here are the steps to send an .exe file in gmail.

1.Select the .exe file u want
2.Change the extension to .dat or whatever name u prefer
(to change extension, right click, select rename, at the last letter of the word type . and the extension name)

3.Now send the file as attachment to the sender
4.Ask the sender to rename the file to .exe

thank you

bluepearl

troubleshooter
no need to zip or whatever

just rename it to .txt file

and notify the receiver about converting it back

this works !!

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
i am pretty sure that you have not tried to send exe files by zipping or raring them in gmail ..!! hence ur reply...!! lol !;)
I'm pretty sure I have sent files both as .zip and .tar.gz/bz2 (if not .rar), Hence I replied. :rolleyes:

Why not just try it yourself? I suggested archiving it as zip because Windows by default can access .zip archives (atleast the latest ones)

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Ok. My Bad. . It doesn't work. My Problem was I've only sent doc/jpg files in ZIPs, Oh Well.. :oops:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
there are many stupid people who cannot understand even how to rename a file.. yes its hapnd to me, I had to write a paragraph on how to rename a file which I sent to a person..

the best way is to just make test.zip to test_zip and write in the mail as rename "test_zip" to "test.zip"

CadCrazy

in search of myself
In rediff mail was bounced even after i removed the extension(zip/exe), although not tested in gmail. It may also be the case with gmail.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
CadCrazy said:
In rediff mail was bounced even after i removed the extension(zip/exe), although not tested in gmail. It may also be the case with gmail.

Gmail allows sending exe in RAR files.

this is not at all something new... and thesedays, gmail scans the contents of compressed files too.

the old and reliable methord was to compress(use store) them and password protect them and then email along with password.

what a waste of bandwidth in this forum?

PS: no offence mate :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom