Selling: Graphics card, Sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Balachandran

Right off the assembly line
I wish to sell my
1. GeForce FX 5200 AGP graphics card....more than 3 years old...expected price Rs. 500
2. Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 Live sound card....more than 3 years old...expected price Rs. 500

Both are in perfect working condition.

I am living in Chennai. Please PM me if interested

Rajesh

qadirahmed

Journeyman
can u guys tell me that its worthy to buy the above mention things.....? sorry i dont have much knowledge about it

by the way am too from chennai...... mount road

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Do you mean i865, not i856? There are many variants of the 865 chipset. What is your motherboard model? Does it have an AGP slot?

OP
R

Rajesh Balachandran

No dude, PCI slot is different from an AGP slot... You need an AGP slot to use this card.

i845GL does not have an AGP slot from what I searched on the internet. You cannot use the graphics card.

Last edited:

qadirahmed

Journeyman
after a google image search...... i got to know i have agp slot..

even in mobo it has written pi845GLM-AGP

Now rajesh tell me honestly.. does it worthy for my pc to buy that both the cards.....?

OP
R

Rajesh Balachandran

If you want to know if its worth it, it depends on your usage. If you just surf the Internet, listen to very little music, then you dont need it.

If you like to listen to good quality music very frequently, and into some mild gaming both are very much worth it, considering im selling them at just 500 each in perfect condition :)

If you need serious gaming and very good multimedia capabilities, you need to change your entire system (the graphics card wont be needed since its a very old format)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
qadirahmed: RB has given you an honest, accurate answer.

The FX5200 card will be a big improvement over your current onboard 945 graphics. Even then, by today's standards, it's not good enough for serious gaming.

The sound card is also much better than your onboard one, but whether you'll notice the difference depends on what quality of music you listen to and the quality of your speakers.

If you play just any old mp3 song and use a cheap set of speakers, it won't make a difference.

aadipa

Padawan
A dedicated GPU like 5200 will be good boost to ur system compared to onboard 845, but don't expect it to run todays games.. Anyway ur CPU will be first bottleneck in that case than graphics. I don't think soundcard will make much difference though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom