Security for a Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudheer919

Right off the assembly line
I want to write the files onto the disc with a password protected. Is any feature available in Nero or any other software.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
You can try Folder Lock, but It is paid version, so you can try to buy that ar try to use other free alternatives....I'll just tell you when i am found with it...

You can try Folder Lock, but It is paid version, so you can try to buy that ar try to use other free alternatives....I'll just tell you when i am found with it...
does not work if you insert the disc to non windows OS.
this means if the guy you are hiding the data from is a linux/bsd/solaris user, he will have a feild day laughing at you :p

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
yup, i know this trick, to use linux and bypass the locker folder, but i am talking about the rest half people who don't or never used linux, i am not saying that folder lock is good, in windows you can also bypass that WITHOUT using any software, but that's all togther another story. the motto is, how hard you try to protect your computer, it can be hacked ! UNLESS YOU PROTECT IT PHYSICALLY !!!

OP
S

sudheer919

Right off the assembly line
I want to write the DVD Video Files with copyrights. The disc should play, but should not copy or write to another disc with "Copy Disc" option. Is there any feature to use the copy rights to the disc in Nero.

raksrules

Youngling
May be there could be a way to avoid copying but i am skeptical about that CD/DVD being created into an image and then burned to another CD/DVD or load on a virtual drive.

yup, i know this trick, to use linux and bypass the locker folder, but i am talking about the rest half people who don't or never used linux, i am not saying that folder lock is good, in windows you can also bypass that WITHOUT using any software, but that's all togther another story. the motto is, how hard you try to protect your computer, it can be hacked ! UNLESS YOU PROTECT IT PHYSICALLY !!!
if you were my neighbour, life would have been hell for you :p
and yes, you hit the bullz eye.
no security is complete without physical access prevention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom