Search Diassapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhairyadand

Broken In
Hi guys
I m using XP recently wen i click on search..
The Side Window opens...i can see the dog(search assistant)
but nothing else is seen...no text no input box...

and 1 more thing...i have an account called'Administrator'
it doesnt cum in the list of users..i have to press cntrl+aly+del..to manually enter the user name

thnx 4 help

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
dhairyadand said:
it doesnt cum in the list of users..i have to press cntrl+aly+del..to manually enter the user name

not sure what u mean here. (might be due to what ver of win u r running Pro/Home)

as for the search what happens when u hit Ctrl+E. Also are you using win home or PRO?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
That Windows search bug was removed in Winxp Sp1 .. You must be using ancient version of Xp .. Install XP SP2 to your system and your problem will be solved ..

Man its a virus infection named Brontok.32 (or something like that ) .. check if u have the Folder options in tools menu .... if its gone than format ur C:drive and reinstall windows ............

anandk

Distinguished Member
u may have to re-register dll's.
click here *support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=831430

Emsa Register Dll Tool and Register/ Unregister OCX/DLL Utility
are two utilities, with which you can achieve the same on the fly.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
dhairyadand said:
Hi guys

The default Administrator account is not shown in the startup menu where you select the user name after booting unless you tweak windows settings a little.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You can use the TweakUI PowerToy(get from *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx). Open the program and click the Logon option in the left pane. Next put a check mark on "Show Administrator on Welcome Screen". Click OK and close TweakUI. When you logoff and logon again, you will see that Administrator has been added to the Welcome Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom