[Query] seagate return

recently my Seagate BARRACUDA drive 7200-RPM SATA 160 GB failed, it's under warranty till feb 2013.

i applied for the seagate return process.

now they have asked me to ship the harddisk to
ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LIMITED
No.173, Mount Poonamallee High Road,
Porur,
CHENNAI
600 116
India.

my question is that how should i pack the drive? i dont have any packaging material or box the drive came in(got my system assembled, so that guy must have it)

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Buy some bubble sheet.wrap it with them, than put them in any plastic box.then send it to sercvice centre or simply ask d shop which assembles your computer to do RMA for u.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@bharat_14101991, better visit this link

What should I ship and how should I package it? | Seagate

Use original packaging when possible, such as packaging sent with Advanced Replacement Order:
Enclose each drive in an ESD (electrostatic discharge) bag, in an anti-static plastic shell (SeaShell) or anti-static bubble wrap.
Secure each unit in 2 inch-thick foam rubber in a corrugated box. Do not use popcorn, peanuts, bubble wrap or newspaper. If packaging more than one drive, use a separate container for each drive.
Print the order number on the outside of each box.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ Where are you located, don't the guys from ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LIMITED have any service center or branch near your place.

That would be even better :)

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
i live in indore, they have a branch here. but the seagate site told me to ship the hdd to chennai. is there anyother way with less hassle?

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
i live in indore, they have a branch here. but the seagate site told me to ship the hdd to chennai. is there anyother way with less hassle?

just call the service center they will ask you to bring 1 anti-static bag along with your hdd and they will do all the hassle work by themselves only..just call on the given numbers and they will guide you the process

SERVICE CENTER NAME :ACCEL CARE CENTRE
ADDRESS1 :MUSKAN ENTERPRISES
ADDRESS2 :SUNRISE TOWER, 207-208, OPPOSITE TI MALL
ADDRESS3 :MG ROAD
ZIP :452001
CITY :INDORE
EMAIL :mask0654@yahoo.com
PHONE1 :4206433
PHONE2 :3928621
MOBILE :9827081786

CONTACT NAME :MD SAFRAT ALI

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
^^^^ called the number earlier, but the number is out of service. i will personally visit the shop today. they will take my hdd without any charge for service?

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
I hope so ...becoz i also called the service centre in delhi ...and they asked me to bring your hdd along with an anti-satic bag and we will get it replaced within 5-7days......

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
contacted the shop today... they told me to just bring the harddisk without any packing. they will do it and ship it then. superb response by the guy there.dont know why but he was so excited and happy that i contacted him :D

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
contacted the shop today... they told me to just bring the harddisk without any packing. they will do it and ship it then. superb response by the guy there.dont know why but he was so excited and happy that i contacted him :D

Told you ....seagate rma is very gud ....they will give u the new hdd in arnd 3-4days .....and if luck stays with u ....u might get a 250gb hdd instead ...bcoz 160gb hdd are not easily available now...

Top Bottom