Seagate HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Seagate has come out with a new HDD of 400 GB capacity, just saw it on there website

"Seagate, the big daddy of hard disks, has 'just released the Seagate Barracuda 7200.8—the company's largest PC hard disk drive till date—boasting of a capacity of 400 GB! This new hard disk from Seagate puts it in the same category as Hitachi the company that had earlier released the 400 GB Deskstar"

I would like to know if this drive is really worth it since I am planning to buy a new HDD for my com.

Plz advice me & could anyone tell me the price of the same

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
if u already have one , i suggest u wait a while , koz initially the price would be too high , after 6 months or more , prices might come down to actualy prices , this is general for most hdd . btw , wouldnt it be safer to buy say 2 120gb or 2 200 gb and use them ?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Its not all that good i bought 4 x 400 GB hdd from seagate and the new spec where good on paper but the throughput is not all that good in actuals. The 300GB HDD from the same family gives a better output (thats what i hear from the multmedia animation section). I am thinking of replacing them by the new sas drives from seagate

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I Am gonna get a new 400gb HDD, Maxtor diamond plus.
As far as HDD's space, the sky should be the limit..., try and get the higgest space on ur HDD within ur budget.

Btw, the the maxtor HDD (7200 RPM) will cost me 5.5k (rebate sale in NYC).

Here in India, it may cost around 7k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom