Seagate Goflex or Freeagent OR WD Passport

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^good purchase. HDD's are so cheap now I brought my WD My Passport 250GB @ 4.1k before 2years. SHOCKING price down.

halo1

Broken In
Bought Seagate Freeagent 500GB --> 3900

Thanks guys :):)

good and sensible purchase...I have been using Seagate Freeagent GO 500GB for more than 2 years and till now i have not faced any kind of problem. Plus Seagent offers 5 yrs of warranty for Freeagent GO which is gr8.

prakhar18

Broken In
Bought Seagate Free Agent Go Flex 500GB Ultra portable deive for Rs.3100 from nehru place today.

Superb style,speed and software.:razz:

PraKs

Youngling
Seagate FreeAgent Go comes with 5 years warranty

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex comes with 3 years warranty

So best is - Seagate FreeAgent Go

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^ usb 3 ones not available, myself bought freeagent 500gb for 3800/- last week, goflex was quoted 6.8k.

That's GoFlex pro. GoFlex and GoFlex pro are different. Pro comes with a premium encryption software and a Desktop Dock. If you're looking for benchmarks via sata2 and USB, you can check them out here: *www.hardwarebbq.com/2010/12/seagate-freeagent-goflex-pro-500-gb.html

BTW, GoFlex 500GB is available for 3k via Prime. Comes with 3 years warranty. Someone said in U.K. its 2 year warranty but not yet confirmed.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ You get firewire/USB 3.0/E-sata adapter on retail (not sure in India) so you can swap the adapter. Other than that, there's a WD media streamer where you can plug this in. AFAIK, GoFlex will have a series of updates. Seagate seem to be keen on the coming CES 2011.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
What Sorcerer said and you can attach any standard internal harddisk via that adaptor.
Desk edition can run 3.5", 2.5" and SSDs and Portable Edition can run 2.5" and SSDs.

I love this feature.

PraKs

Youngling
@Ishu Gupta
Didnt get the point..

You mean If I have 3.5" SATA Internal HDD, I can use this adapter & connect to USB port of laptop ?

PraKs

Youngling
@Ishu Gupta

Do you have photo of that adapter ? If you can post the pic, It would be great to understand.

Top Bottom