Seagate Expansion Portable Drive 500GB

Lan101

Right off the assembly line
I have a seagate expansion portable hard disk drive. I know i've been a bit careless and have dropped it like a few times. It's not working now. It has a green light which would glow when I used to plug it in but now it isn't. I tried using different computers and it still doesn't work. I even tried a different USB cable. No good though. I have a lot of important data on it which I can't afford to lose.
What do I do? I think its a hardware problem.
Can the data be retrieved? Has anyone ever tried retrieving like 400GBs? Free software?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Lan101 said:
I know i've been a bit
careless and have dropped it like a
few times.
I suspect something might have broken inside. Try to get it repaired.
Lan101 said:
Can the data be retrieved?
You cant do it because you cant get it to run.
A data expert maybe able to but its gonna be very expensive.

and for free software, if you get it to run- Recuva.

nginx

In the zone
How can you be so careless with a drive having important data, specially when you have no backups?

You can't retrieve data yourself using any software if Windows can't even detect the drive. You need to send it for data recovery but that's gonna cost you a whole heap of money and I do mean a whole heap.

If you send the drive for repair, they will just send you a formatted refurbished unit.

Sarath

iDota
You will need to get your data retrieved. You will have to sacrifice the drive and a lot of money for that.

I dont know where its done but I saw adverts on papers saying they can retrieve data from crashed/damaged HDDs.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
try to remove the HDD from the case(if its possible), attach the HDD directly to the computer(internally or with another case)

Top Bottom