SE Xperia launched in India today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
What about GIMP,Carbide Theme Studio, Inkscape?

Is X1 powerful to run them :razz: :))

X1 is no doubt a great piece of hardware, but won't find many takers. Even the few rich one's who get it will sure be ignorant about the device capabilities. I have seen many users who own a high end symbian/window mobile, but they hardly know what can their device accomplish.

To be frank, how many amongst us are going to get X1 asap? Now don't utter, uhh... I will get it in 2009, when it becomes manageable. :))

Please Try crysis on a sub 30k laptop. :lol:

As a matter of fact you can play any media file you want.WM has a klite pack of its own. :D
FYKI, crysis DOES run on a Sub 30K laptop. The laptop is the Acer 4530. And it DOES run at playable framerates at low settings. The GPU is nVidia GeForce 9100.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-review/

The ultimate XPERIA review.

No doubt its the best phone out there.

The X1 comes with a total of 384 megabytes of RAM memory. Only 256 megabytes is visible in the system, but this is because these 256 megabytes is strictly for applications. At boot there’s about 152 megabytes free.

The remaining 128 megabytes of RAM memory is used for both the video graphics and CPU. According to the MSM7200A datasheet, the graphics part of the chipset (presumably the ATI Imageon 2300 or 2700G chip) is capable of delivering up to 4 million 3D triangles per second, and 133 million 3D textured pixels per second fill rate. Furthermore, it supports OpenGL ES - link that up with the large amount of dedicated video memory, and you’ve got an awesome power horse or gaming machine.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
CNET Review:
*reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/sony-...33351304.html?subj=re&tag=centerColumnArea1.2

The Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 is a well-designed and fully stocked smartphone that offers great customization through the interactive panel interface. However, with its high price tag, the X1 will be a hard sell for most customers and will be a purely luxury item.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Thats hardshell by Cnet.In Europe and the US, the X1 is highly subsidized, and with an 18 month plan you can get it totaly free. :|

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
But here it won't be subsidized. We'll have to pay the full price. Hence the review applies well to Indian condition.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
It looks that Apple guys are not the only stupid ones out there. Let's wait and watch if the price of X1 reduces or remains steady at 41k...[:D]

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
*blog.se-nse.net/reviews/sony-ericsson-xperia-x1-review/

The ultimate XPERIA review.

No doubt its the best phone out there.

Thanx for the link,

Gr8 review,no doubt!

Whooping RAM of 384MB!!!!!Future ROM updates will make it Rocket FAst!?

Surprised by the presence of two Media Players eventhough "Walkman Player 3.0" is missing!

Only 'MONO' speaker?????!!...surprised again!

Hope..absence of 'Accelerometer' won't affect much!

480 x 800 Display resolution will make Xperia something SPECIAL!

................................Seriously thinking of exchanging my TyTnII for this "Giant"..needs some more analysis!

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I have an N95, much better than the xeperia, i prefer a micro pc over that thing :D *www.safeinvest.110mb.com/redirect.php

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Considering what it is offering , the price should have been between 25-30k but what the hell even n96 is over 35k!! , i wont be surprised to see its price drop within few months due to lack of sell .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I have an N95, much better than the xeperia

Are you auditioning for the great indian laughter challenge??

Xperia is the best smartphone in the market as yet, and the price of 39k is totally justified. Its has a full metal casing guys, and has the best quality in the market. It has everything that a phone can wish for and is faster than any symbian phone out there. Guess what, it can even play PS games. :D

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
$800 for a Winmo! Whats wrong with SE guys!!!!! Are they smoking crack?:mad:

The hardware is impressive. But why Winmo? why? why? why?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Whats wrong with Winmo?? Its technically the best OS out there.Its just that their UI is a bit cluttery, and the OS hogs a lot of memory. It has 10 times the number of apps as all OS's plugged together. It is as customizable as your pc and nowadays, almost as fast.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Whats wrong with Winmo?? Its technically the best OS out there.Its just that their UI is a bit cluttery, and the OS hogs a lot of memory.

Winmo sucks man! Among other things, it gives gives a task manager on a mobile device:confused:! It looks ugly! Probably thats why SE wants to hide it under layer and layer of its own customizations. It carries MS legacy of creating memory hogging softwares. I have used Minmo before switching to E61i I know the frustation and agony. Last thing I expected was SE using Winmo that too on $800 device!

shreyansh mazumdar

Right off the assembly line
i doubt that the price will come down.with such a massive resolution,n 96,85 r no comparison to xperia...the demand for the phone is huge too....sellin like hot cakes...
screw nokia,get xperia if possible.;)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Winmo sucks man! Among other things, it gives gives a task manager on a mobile device:confused:! It looks ugly! Probably thats why SE wants to hide it under layer and layer of its own customizations. It carries MS legacy of creating memory hogging softwares. I have used Minmo before switching to E61i I know the frustation and agony. Last thing I expected was SE using Winmo that too on $800 device!

Which phone did you use dude?? Did it have a 550 mhz proccy?? 256 mb of ram?128 mb of graphics memory?? ati graphics chip??

SE customized the phone so that it come up to the level that the market is currently in.Winmo as i said, is the most customizable OS in the market. You can hack the registry and tweak it to the extreme. The panels are there to bring work at your fingertips. Just press a panel and you are excorted to the page.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Winmo as i said, is the most customizable OS in the market. You can hack the registry and tweak it to the extreme. The panels are there to bring work at your fingertips. Just press a panel and you are excorted to the page.

yup Winmo is the most customizable os available in the market now.u can make the os look and do watever u want.though without proper hardware it suxs.
so all the ppl who r blaming winmo,plz hav a look at the hardware on which ur running it.

if only X1 came loaded with Winmo 7 (i know Winmo 7 hasnt been released yet).

INS-ANI

In the zone
An honest comparison of Asus P565(a) and Xperia X1(b), both were launched recently

NETWORK
a)HSDPA 3.6Mbps, UMTS 2100, EDGE/GPRS/GSM 900/1800/1900, Class 10
b)GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900,HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

OS
a)Microsoft Windows® Mobile 6.1™ Professional
b)Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Dimension and weight
a) 102 mm x 60.5 mm x 16 mm,120 g (with battery)
b)110.5 x 52.6 x 17 mm,145 g

Standby time/Talktime
a) 250-300 hrs with 3G and 200-250 hrs with 2G**/3 hrs with 3G and 4 hrs with 2G**
b)Up to 833 h/Up to 10 h

Display:
a)2.8" TFT, 65K-color Touchscreen, VGA (480 x 640 pixels)
b)TFT touchscreen, 65K colors,800 x 480 pixels, 3.0 inches,Full QWERTY keyboard,Optical trackpad

Processor/memory
a)Marvell TavorP 800 MHz/256 MB Flash + 128 MB DDR SDRAM,MicroSD with SDHC support
b) Qualcomm MSM7200 528MHz processor
microSD (TransFlash), buy memory
- 400 MB internal memory
- 256 MB RAM, 512 MB storage memory
-

Connectivity:
a) WLAN 802.11b+g , USB v1.1(FS), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
GPS ::SiRF Star III with InstantFix
b) GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
HSCSD No
EDGE Yes
3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
Infrared port No
USB Yes, v2.0 miniUSB
- Built-in GPS receiver
- A-GPS function

Camera:
a)3 M Pixel Auto Focus (Main)
300 K Pixel for Video Telephony (Sub)
b)3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, video(VGA@30fps), flash; secondary videocall camera

Office:
a)Word (editor), Excel (editor), PowerPoint (viewer), Windows® Live, MSN, Voice Commander* and Push Email (Exchange Server).Anytime Launcher, ASUS Today, EziMusic, EziPhoto, Business Card Recognition and PDF viewer*.

b) Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)

Price:
a)Please add. No words yet from asus.
b)44k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom