Screenshots Channel (56K warning)

sarosh

Journeyman
Speedlink Xeox Pro Analog Gamepad - Speedlink : Flipkart.com

This controller has a dual mode switch which allows me to switch between Dinput and Xinput and claims to cover a wider variety of games. Thanks very much for the very good suggestion, I will order this one.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Speedlink Xeox Pro Analog Gamepad - Speedlink : Flipkart.com

This controller has a dual mode switch which allows me to switch between Dinput and Xinput and claims to cover a wider variety of games. Thanks very much for the very good suggestion, I will order this one.

If you can, order xbox 360 controller. It's a lot more better than any other controller.

sarosh

Journeyman
I just received the product. There is a small switch on the rear side to change between X input and D input. I put it on X input and the device was instantly recognized by windows. I put in the driver CD and have installed the drivers too, and the controller was immediately detected and usable in Darksiders II. There was also good vibration feedback when I used the secondary weapon to smash some pots.

I am going to have to restart the game and learn the tutorial again because this is my first controller ever and I will need the tutorial to understand how to use it.

I will post my thoughts after playing a bit more with the controller. Thanks very much nereverine for the very good suggestion

Last edited:

sarosh

Journeyman
If anyone still interested, I started the game again on Medium Difficulty I just defeated the first two bosses using the game controller, which I couldn't defeat using the keyboard and mouse even on low difficulty settings.

The key is to hold down on the Left Trigger button which keep the focus on the boss, and then use the Left Stick to move around the boss, and then either use X (attack) or RB (evade) to time your attacks and evades from the boss.

I'm still learning and hope to I get better with it further.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If anyone still interested, I started the game again on Medium Difficulty I just defeated the first two bosses using the game controller, which I couldn't defeat using the keyboard and mouse even on low difficulty settings.

The key is to hold down on the Left Trigger button which keep the focus on the boss, and then use the Left Stick to move around the boss, and then either use X (attack) or RB (evade) to time your attacks and evades from the boss.

I'm still learning and hope to I get better with it further.

That's called locking onto an enemy. You will need it for more boss battles.

If you ever played prince of persia, he used to automatically lock on to the nearest enemy.

sarosh

Journeyman
Darksiders II
Game is looking good and is much more fun to play with a controller.

*i.imgur.com/OceSuXo.jpg

*i.imgur.com/OFy2brq.jpg

*i.imgur.com/0dtDidL.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kGhdzyp.jpg

*i.imgur.com/HMx7WIs.jpg

*i.imgur.com/NqiYfSH.jpg

Nerevarine

Incarnate
hue :D fought the guardian yet ? That soundtrack is OP..
also, can you post a short review on the Xeox pro in this thread, *www.digit.in/forum/gamerz/137703-screenshots-channel-56k-warning-140.html

especially about the quality of dpad, thumbstick and triggers

sarosh

Journeyman
Hi Nerve,
I must thank you again for the very good suggestion about the game controller, I am very happy with it.
Along the way I have learned a lot too, especially that I think this is what they call a "game controller" not a "game pad". A game pad seems to be the pad shaped device with about 15, 20 keys on it. It seems that Flipkart and other sites are wrongly calling this a gamepad.

This is my first game controller ever, so it is difficult for me to compare. But one minor issue I can share with you is that the device keeps vibrating even after a certain combat/attack is over. I have to hit the secondary heavy attack again to stop the device from vibrating.

One time, I even exited the game and came to the desktop, but the device kept vibrating, quite strongly too.

Besides that, I am very happy with the controller and the game is lot of fun with it. The quality of all the buttons and sticks are very good and I have even received my first gun in the game which I can shoot using the Right Trigger.
The D-pad is not used much in the game, except the Left is used to regain health, and the right is used to regain mana.

The soundtrack of the boss bottles is really very good, and the first time I heard the tune when the crowfather boss walked into the arena behind Death with his big sword on his shoulder was one of the best moments in the game.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the controller too.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse the slight oil marks.

*i.imgur.com/xRkiGoM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EAlBd3t.jpg

*i.imgur.com/RIioCHF.jpg

sarosh

Journeyman
Darksider II - PC

Just wondering, there are 4 Horsemen in Darksiders, Strife, War, (another) and Death. In this game I am playing Death. Do I get to play the other horsemen characters in this game, or are there future installments of Darksiders III, IV, etc?

I have also noticed that games like Batman, Darksiders, etc which were originally made for the console and then ported to the PC, have very much longer game play hours in them. PC-only games like Max Payne 3 and Metro 2010 had only about 30% game play hours as compared to Batman and Darksiders.

*i.imgur.com/yrP2GEi.jpg

*i.imgur.com/9RO3IvJ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/fzzyW87.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You play as War in Darksiders 1. There is no news of Darksiders 2 yet.

Game length generalization is not correct. There are console games which even lesser number of hours. It's the open world gameplay and lots of backtracking that increases the play time.

sarosh

Journeyman
Darksiders II

*i.imgur.com/9hYchTT.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1X79XOD.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Yxom5pd.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1pTEstN.jpg

*i.imgur.com/y6nap7g.jpg

*i.imgur.com/e7U5ZqU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/OrOyB0y.jpg

*i.imgur.com/OrOyB0y.jpg

*i.imgur.com/oa58rT6.jpg

*i.imgur.com/rJmC2kn.jpg

sarosh

Journeyman
Hello again,
You guys have suggested me some very good games (Batman, Metro, Darksiders) and have also helped me buy a very good controller. Darksiders II is really very nice and it keeps getting better the more i play it.

I was thinking of Crysis III as my next game, has anyone played this game on a controller like mine? Is it easy to aim on the enemies using the controller? Or which would be another nice game that is specially made for a controller like mine?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hello again,
You guys have suggested me some very good games (Batman, Metro, Darksiders) and have also helped me buy a very good controller. Darksiders II is really very nice and it keeps getting better the more i play it.

I was thinking of Crysis III as my next game, has anyone played this game on a controller like mine? Is it easy to aim on the enemies using the controller? Or which would be another nice game that is specially made for a controller like mine?

Don't get Crysis 3. It's all graphics but weak in story and execution.

Dark Souls 1 and 2 will be good for controller. Though, it's an unforgiving game but has one of the best storyline and lore. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is another great game with awesome boss fights. If you liked Prince of Persia then checkout Assassin's Creed 2.

Other good games (keyboard/mouse):
Tomb Raider 2013
Bioshock
F.E.A.R
Alan Wake
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Alien Isolation
Spec Ops The Line

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Crysis 3 is okay but its not really meant for a controller (IMO)
Instead get Witcher3, it has indian local pricing and is a bomb of a game, it can easily provide over 100 hours of entertainment and you wont be dissapointed one bit ! ..
Plus, its one of those games where having a controller improves the fun, just like Darksiders

Also try Dark souls 1 and 2, using a controller in these games is mandatory, unless you want to get rekt :p .. (these games are brutal)

Metal gear solid v is also a very good game that released recently, try(;))Ground zeroes first, its a 3GB game, if you like it, buy Phantom pain

sarosh

Journeyman
Thanks very much guys.
Brothers - A tale of two sons seems like the perfect type of game that I would enjoy playing. Unfortunately, I cannot find this to purchase anywhere online except on steam. (A link from where I can buy this game online would be very much appreciated).

If I cannot find Brothers - A tale of two Sons anywhere to purchase online, I will try to buy Wither 3 or Deus Ex- Human Revolution.

I'm trying my best to buy legal games and avoid downloading torrents illegally.
Thanks once again, your suggestions and advice have made my gaming experience on my new GTX 960 very much more enjoyable.

*i.imgur.com/fb912Q8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/iCd5laM.jpg

Last edited: