Satyamev Jayatey or Dokhamev Jayatey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rider

as Kratos
Message to AAMIR KHAN - READ AND SHARE ALL MEDICOS N DOCTORS.

Dear Mr. Amir Khan,

“NOT ALL DOCTORS ARE GREEDY”

“THERE IS NO PROFESSION THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAN”

“DOCTORS ARE OBLIGED TO SERVE BY CHOICE, NOT BY COMPULSION”

Sir,

I have been a big fan or your work, life and principles. I am also a fan of ‘Satyamev Jayate’. But I was shocked to see the episode on 27th May, 2012. You are an Icon. You should have thought well and done the homework before doing such a biased show. There are only two people in the film industry that are being taken seriously by the thinking class of society, You and Amitabh Bacchhan. So, when you give such a biased and one sided version of a story, it hurts. Speaking about such a thing on a “commercial” TV show is bad. (I am sure you have taken a big amount, only doctor are supposed to do charity and social work, not actors!!! Right!) I want to highlight few important points here. And yes I am qualified to make observations as I am a
medical student.

1. Your guests and audience (the words were almost put in their mouth) said that private colleges charge a capitation fee of 50 – 60 Lacs for MBBS, you should have also produced some evidence of such practice. Like you call a victim in all your episodes, why not here? And do the same story Engineering, Architecture, Law and MBA colleges, do you think they are clean? Why target doctors alone?

2. You said Since 2001, government opened 31 medical colleges and 106 private institutes were opened. – Please note that today in India, there are a total of 181 Private and 152 Govt Medical colleges. So the number is not as bad s you projected. Don’t project only the time period which suits your story. Either give a complete picture or do not give a picture at all!
And also, please find out how many of these private colleges are owned by politicians? 95% of Private colleges in India are owned and run by politicians. It is a bloody nexus between politicians and MCI. The corruption by politicians is to blamed for the mess, not doctors!!!

3. One of your guest (Dr. Gulhati) said that doctors ask for 30% commission from Pharma companies to write their drugs. That is baseless, over-the-roof and sensationalizin g the matter. That is as true as “Most Leading actors ask newcomers to sleep with them” or “Lawyers take money from both the sides in a legal battle” or “Most chartered accountants teach their clients how to save tax and also pass info to taxman on where his client saved tax”. I know all of you will shout “Where is the proof?”. So are doctors!!! I am not trying to sensationalize things as you did on your show by shading those fake tears, but just trying to project that allegations are easy to make. I know you will say that this was the opinion of our guest, and not yours. But you provided a platform for these fake allegations.

4. You compared the numbers of Licenses cancelled in England and in India. I must say your team is quite resourceful and please collect and compare following details also –

a.Number of doctors beaten on duty by goons from various political outfits in government hospitals in UK and India in last 10 years, and also the number of people convicted for such crime.

b.The Stipend (Salary a post-graduate trainee doctor/intern gets) or Salary and accommodation facilities provided to the doctors of the two countries.

c.The duty hours and working conditions of the doctors of the two countries.

d.The academic and research infrastructure being provided to the medical students.

5. You said that the most brilliant students who take up medicine, should take it only for service to mankind, they should go to other fields if they want to earn. Why? Are we living in imperialism? Are doctors not allowed to earn and spend a good life? You were asking Dr. Devi Shetty whether he can do humanitarian work and Earn at same time?

This is like asking Amirkhan or Shahrukh-khan their income and generalizing it for every actor in the industry (Even junior artists). Sir, just as there are only few Khans and Kapoors, There are even fewer Devi Shetty and Naresh Trehan who run their chain of Multi-specialty hospitals spread all over the country. See what it takes to become a doctor and then give such “Geeta-Gyan”.

a. 5 and half year of MBBS training and 1 more year of Compulsory Rural Internship at Rs. 15000 - 20000 per month. (Any other field eg. Engineering, Management, a person would become Postgraduate in this much time and start earning double the amount.) If one doesn’t study further, the pay at this step is 22,000 per month.

b. After above 6 and half years of Graduation, 3 more years of Postgraduation, followed again by compulsory rural / Government job for 1 year or pay Rs. 25 lac bond. If one doesn’t study further, the pay at this step is 40,000 per month.

c. After this above 10 and half years, 3 more years of Superspeciality , followed by 1 year of Govt job or a Bond of Rs. 2 Crore. And the seats are so few with tough competition, there tends to be a gap of a year or two in preparing for various entrance exams. 6. Why only Doctors are being forced to work in rural and government hospitals after their study? Why only we should pay government if we don’t want to do it? The rural/Govt sector needs help of Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants and MBAs also. Why aren’t the Engineers sent to rural areas to design and monitor roads and industrials development?
Why aren’t the Lawyers forced to work as Public prosecutors before they can join some big foreign corporate firm? Why aren’t the CAs asked to work in CAG office and various other government financial sectors before joining Multinational Giants? Now government wants that doctors should not immigrate to other countries without asking them. Why? Are the IIT/IIM students stopped before they flee to foreign countries for big fat salaries? So, why us? What is it that government of society has done for doctors that they should repay? They bloody can’t even protect them from goons while on duty.

7. You say that doctors are writing unnecessary and costly medications. Do we decide the price of a drug? Do we manufacture or give license to drug manufacturers? Controlling the price of essential drugs is a government job. We are helpless. Sir, its easy to point fingers. We don’t say that all is well. But all is not well anywhere. Its a different thing creating awareness about dowry or female feticide. But its entirely different to comment on such a technical and complicated issue without getting into the details of it. You have maligned the entire medical fraternity. For every 10 doctors who are doing wrong, there are more than 1000 healers. You owe us an apology!!! This issue is not as simple as you think it is!! Please show stories which are unbiased and straight-forwar d. You cannot do justice to such an issue, especially after charging a whooping amount for creating awareness!!! (We hear that Amir has charged 3 crores for episode of satyamevjayate in which he spreads the message to doctors that they should not make money and do social service!!! How sacred!!! I don’t know if its true, but well, it’s the season of allegations!)

“We Doctors may be doing little social service, But at least we are not charging for it!”

- Dr.Azhar Sheikh
www.facebook.com/mohd.azharsheikh

LINK liked by more than 13.5k people at present time.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
tl:dr?
scrolled down to "- An Honest Doctor" and then just the whole thing
used to the formatting
this kind of television coverage can scare people away from pre-natal care, totally legit point

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1. Your guests and audience (the words were
almost put in their mouth) said that private colleges
charge a capitation fee of 50 – 60 Lacs for MBBS,
you should have also produced some evidence of
such practice. Like you call a victim in all your
episodes, why not here? And do the same story Engineering, Architecture, Law and MBA colleges,
do you think they are clean? Why target doctors
alone?

Do you think people keep evidence of bribe..?? In that case he'd sure produce the proof. I hope you are aware of management quota.

Well yes you are right, this is the same thing in MBA, Engineering etc. but that doesn't effect society directly. I'm not saying they are not wrong.

Why Target Doctors Only..?? Because doctors are affecting the society directly.

Because of this bribes passed out doctors try to get their money back by their income (of course by unfair means which is affecting society.). This is not in case of Engineering or MBA's. They also try to get their money back. But that doesn't affect society directly.

Again, don't get me wrong, that's also wrong, but we are targeting doctors for that reason.

2. You said Since 2001, government opened 31
medical colleges and 106 private institutes were
opened. – Please note that today in India, there are
a total of 181 Private and 152 Govt Medical
colleges. So the number is not as bad s you
projected. Don’t project only the time period which suits your story. Either give a complete picture or
do not give a picture at all!
And also, please find out how many of these
private colleges are owned by politicians? 95% of
Private colleges in India are owned and run by
politicians. It is a bloody nexus between politicians and MCI. The corruption by politicians is to blamed
for the mess, not doctors!!!

Nothing much to comment here, as I'm not aware of the thing.

3. One of your guest (Dr. Gulhati) said that doctors
ask for 30% commission from Pharma companies
to write their drugs. That is baseless, over-the-roof
and sensationalizin g the matter. That is as true as
“Most Leading actors ask newcomers to sleep with
them” or “Lawyers take money from both the sides in a legal battle” or “Most chartered
accountants teach their clients how to save tax and
also pass info to taxman on where his client saved
tax”. I know all of you will shout “Where is the
proof?”. So are doctors!!! I am not trying to sensationalize things as you did
on your show by shading those fake tears, but just
trying to project that allegations are easy to make. I
know you will say that this was the opinion of our
guest, and not yours. But you provided a platform
for these fake allegations.

Again, illegal operations doesn't have proof. We all (including you) know what's going on in everyday life, be it Police, be it Politicians, be it Doctors, doesn't matter. No one keeps proof for these illegal things.

4. You compared the numbers of Licenses cancelled
in England and in India. I must say your team is
quite resourceful and please collect and compare
following details also –
a.Number of doctors beaten on duty by goons
from various political outfits in government hospitals in UK and India in last 10 years, and also
the number of people convicted for such crime.
b.The Stipend (Salary a post-graduate trainee
doctor/intern gets) or Salary and accommodation
facilities provided to the doctors of the two
countries. c.The duty hours and working conditions of the
doctors of the two countries.
d.The academic and research infrastructure being
provided to the medical students. 5. You said that the most brilliant students who
take up medicine, should take it only for service to
mankind, they should go to other fields if they
want to earn. Why? Are we living in imperialism?
Are doctors not allowed to earn and spend a good
life? You were asking Dr. Devi Shetty whether he can do humanitarian work and Earn at same time?
This is like asking Amirkhan or Shahrukh-khan
their income and generalizing it for every actor in
the industry (Even junior artists). Sir, just as there
are only few Khans and Kapoors, There are even
fewer Devi Shetty and Naresh Trehan who run their chain of Multi-specialty hospitals spread all
over the country. See what it takes to become a
doctor and then give such “Geeta-Gyan”.
a.

After all these things, still you can't say that a single licence has been cancelled here. As he said, 'Kya hum ye samajh le ke India ke doctors me koi kamin nahin hai??". Well news reports doesn't says that.

And about beaten thing, I support that. Doctors who are misusing their powers should be beaten like this only.

When you can't control thing legally, get illegal.

5 and half year of MBBS training and 1 more year
of Compulsory Rural Internship at Rs. 15000 -
20000 per month. (Any other field eg. Engineering, Management, a person would become
Postgraduate in this much time and start earning
double the amount.)
If one doesn’t study further, the pay at this step is
22,000 per month.
b. After above 6 and half years of Graduation, 3 more years of Postgraduation, followed again by
compulsory rural / Government job for 1 year or
pay Rs. 25Lac bond.
If one doesn’t study further, the pay at this step is
40,000 per month.
c. After this above 10 and half years, 3 more years of Superspeciality , followed by 1 year of Govt job
or a Bond of Rs. 2 Crore. And the seats are so few with tough competition,
there tends to be a gap of a year or two in
preparing for various entrance exams. 6. Why only Doctors are being forced to work in
rural and government hospitals after their study?
Why only we should pay government if we don’t
want to do it? The rural/Govt sector needs help of Engineers,
Lawyers, Chartered Accountants and MBAs also. Why aren’t the Engineers sent to rural areas to
design and monitor roads and industrials
development?
Why aren’t the Lawyers forced to work as Public
prosecutors before they can join some big foreign
corporate firm? Why aren’t the CAs asked to work in CAG office
and various other government financial sectors
before joining Multinational Giants? Now government wants that doctors should not
immigrate to other countries without asking them.
Why? Are the IIT/IIM students stopped before they
flee to foreign countries for big fat salaries? So,
why us? What is it that government of society has
done for doctors that they should repay? They bloody can’t even protect them from goons while
on duty.

They are forced because, otherwise the people in villages would have died without any treatment.

As I said before too, don't compare doctors with other profession. None of the profession affects soceity directly like doctors do. If you still can't get that, I'm sorry to say you do not deserve to be a doctor.

You too want to flee to foriegn countries and earn huge..?? Medical is not for you. Go to some other profession.

7. You say that doctors are writing unnecessary
and costly medications. Do we decide the price of a
drug? Do we manufacture or give license to drug
manufacturers? Controlling the price of essential
drugs is a government job. We are helpless. Sir, its easy to point fingers. We don’t say that all is
well. But all is not well anywhere. Its a different
thing creating awareness about dowry or female
feticide. But its entirely different to comment on
such a technical and complicated issue without
getting into the details of it. You have maligned the entire medical fraternity.
For every 10 doctors who are doing wrong, there
are more than 1000 healers. You owe us an
apology!!! This issue is not as simple as you think it
is! Please show stories which are unbiased and
straight-forwar d. You cannot do justice to such an issue, especially after charging a whooping
amount for creating awareness!!! (We hear that Amir has charged 3 crores for
episode of satyamevjayate in which he spreads
the message to doctors that they should not make
money and do social service!!! How sacred!!! I
don’t know if its true, but well, it’s the season of
allegations!) “We Doctors may be doing little social service, But
at least we are not charging for it!”

lol...I guess you don't practise in market yet :p

Doctors doesn't decide medicine prices. But the prices are affected due to the whole system.

These companies pays bribe to doctors to market their products, otherwise doctors won't prescribe their medicies, instead of other companies.

So of course those drug company businessman doesn't pay that amount from their own pocket. They re-collect it through their medicines.

As stated in the show "Ghus dena bhi jurm hai, lena bhi". In Medical cases "Ghus lena jurm hai, lekin dena nahi" :p

See whole thing is in cycle.

Don't you know the truth of those laboratory tests..??

Nowadays every doctors prescribe one Vitamin medicine to all, this has become a common trend. It's nothing just a way to make your income much better.

If you are not aware of all these, god knows how you'll survive.

Sorry for any usage of harsh words. You are free to reply back with your comments.

- An Honest Doctor

Nice to see that, but everyone is not. Infact 99% are not :(

And that's the real truth.

Finally don't know about other states, can vouch for Kolkata.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^No he is not.
Aamir is the most simple and the best.
75% Doctors work only for money,Not for serving people.
People don't get the right treatment.
He is right.Doctors fool people,and admit them for no reason.Just to make a few bucks.Add add blood tests to it.
I salute Aamir Khan for this.This is the best move by him.
Yeah,Why take expensive medicines when we can get them for cheaper?
OT:
My grandma asked the best Orthopedic in the city for a 2nd knee operation.He said no dont do it,its not successful.She no she wants a 2nd opinion.So she went to another doctor.He said yeah do it do it.(He was Money minded).And she got her 2nd knee operation done,and now she cant even walk.Before she at least could walk

Yes But not all doctors are bad.Some do it just for money nothing else

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Well yes you are right, this is the same thing in MBA, Engineering etc. but that doesn't effect society directly. I'm not saying they are not wrong.

Why Target Doctors Only..?? Because doctors are affecting the society directly.

Because of this bribes passed out doctors try to get their money back by their income (of course by unfair means which is affecting society.). This is not in case of Engineering or MBA's. They also try to get their money back. But that doesn't affect society directly.

Again, don't get me wrong, that's also wrong, but we are targeting doctors for that reason.

Why MBA, Engineering etc. doesn't effect society directly it is a black money and a part of corruption why do you think its okay and how doctors affect the society? Parents give capitation fees not a student. My neighbour gave only 14 lac for his daughter admission in a recognized college, audience is just trained by some director of the show, they can even dance for money, no prove at all. How can you say it is fraud, it is just for a seat not for passing any exam, this fees guarantees you that you are admitted in a college and then the student have to study there is no choices in exam, hundreds of compulsorily exams, it does't affect society if we see practically. 50% passing marks, both practicals and theory covers same marks and there is nothing like engineering college to make pass by these fees. The externals decide the student is equivalent or not. University is run by government not that college. And in that case they are super strict they can fail a brilliant student to if he can not answer. There is nothing like bribe pass out in the case of medical in India. If they start making doctors by money thousands of people can die by that doctor.. society will get affected. All private colleges are not fraud, some are even better than government in terms of faculty, arrangements and services. All you know you would no go to some govt hospital for some treatment all you go to a private hospital, don't you? In fact if government is already not opening facility they would allow private sectors.. and would you say they are cheaters.. they saved life of millions of people till date, its not compulsory to go there.. if you can not afford.. poor people face worse condition from government hospital that why they come to pvt hospital and face.. its like not getting food for free and eating direct KFC chicken to live, why it is the fault of pvt doctor it is totally fault of govt that they cant provide facility. Dr Gulati was only telling negatives, though that was right but not complete statement.

Man, you know nothing about this profession, internship is different thing and practicing is different thing, in villages doctors who are already well completed the course do their job so why MBBS student send for the internship in a village, why not in engineering , MBA etc they also deal with villages.

The truth is India has very very low number of doctors per 10,000 patients, this is why so much corruption is there. The are only 6 doctors for 10,000 patients comparing to UK & US 27 per 10,000. Colleges should be opened by government.. there are only 40k seats included so many reservation. Also there is only limited private medical colleges permitted by MCI but that is right.. they only let college to open by serious inspection.. this is why medical colleges do not open like hundreds engineering college in a city.. making a bribed pass out engineer doesn't affect the society but bribed pass out would.

The rate of medicines are set by pharma companies not by any doctor. Why doctor is responsible of high rates of medicines, in fact the government is responsible that they can not provide cheap and generic medicines. And in govt hospital the medicines can not be reached as it is sold by some criminals (dalals) working under politician who import it in black, also the salary of government doctor is shame.. after reading so much that doctor get only 22k.. its the fault of government, its natural they started taking commission in medicines, it doesn't affect to the health of patient.

I'm shocked by that 99% doctors of kolkata do that. :shock: You should only prefer trusted doctor. May be you got some negative image by that show.. what if vitamin deficiency is really on that patient and you think he just put that for commission and you get suffered after that. And doctor will say that he already prescribed, its not his fault.

^^No he is not.
Aamir is the most simple and the best.
75% Doctors work only for money,Not for serving people.
People don't get the right treatment.
He is right.Doctors fool people,and admit them for no reason.Just to make a few bucks.Add add blood tests to it.
I salute Aamir Khan for this.This is the best move by him.
Yeah,Why take expensive medicines when we can get them for cheaper?
OT:
My grandma asked the best Orthopedic in the city for a 2nd knee operation.He said no dont do it,its not successful.She no she wants a 2nd opinion.So she went to another doctor.He said yeah do it do it.(He was Money minded).And she got her 2nd knee operation done,and now she cant even walk.Before she at least could walk

Yes But not all doctors are bad.Some do it just for money nothing else

First, i would say i watched all episodes of that show, he was doing everything right but after watching last show i get.. he is not he is just making people emotional and saying impractical things, if you think you are smart so why you go to a doctor who studies for 9-10 years, and tell you for some tests. If you think almost all doctors makes fool, why do you go to doc why not visit Aamir Khan next time. Do you trust Aamir by a one hour show or some normal doctor who saves life? Aamir can't save that number of people that a normal doctor save. All those you have visited.. some bad doctors, just because of those persons you can't blame the whole profession. Aamir was wrong he described as about the profession not as some person (doctors). And going for some tests is your choice doctor himself don't do that.. its your choice to visit any patho lab. Physician is just an adviser and prescribe medicines.
If Aamir is doing something for betterment of people so why he is charging money from star network 3cr for each episode. Why Aamir can take so much money, all brilliant students who take medicine have right to do job in private like aamir do.. he can charge as money as he want like aamir for a film. If you dont want to visit that doctor dont visit thousands are there in the city go anywhere like thousands of actors are in bollywood.
There is nothing wrong if that doctor is treating that patient honestly and properly, its up to you. Government already opened government hospital who charge nothing, why to blame someone who take so much money in private practice. In fact in some cases forigners comes to india because Indian doctors are known as the best and charges almost nothing in comparison to UK, USA, Australia. Medical is business all over the world why some courses in MBA of that? people do after MBBS.. doctors are one of us there is no young doctor who do for free or low salary after studying 9-10 years.. do you can do that? If not same applied for that young doctor. Aamir was wrong if you want to make money do some business, not doctor.. same applicable for him why he is doing some good social work for 3cr each episode.. this is not a business.
All things that presented are almost true but the way he presented was completely wrong, he put bad doctors criminal cases in the starting so that audience mentality get destroyed and trust will get down for a normal doctor. Yes, they should be punishable but that is very very rare, in fact my family doc never seen in his medical career that some person can do this badly. There was no pint to show in the starting.. making it some serious topic. Trust between doctor and patient should be perfect.. it also effect in treatment (hope you get my point) And I'm hearty sorry after reading your grandma's problem. :|

tl:dr?
scrolled down to "- An Honest Doctor" and then just the whole thing
used to the formatting
this kind of television coverage can scare people away from pre-natal care, totally legit point

LINK
It is readable why reformat?

Last edited:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
“NOT ALL DOCTORS ARE GREEDY”
“THERE IS NO PROFESSION THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAN”
“DOCTORS ARE OBLIGED TO SERVE BY CHOICE, NOT BY COMPULSION”

Next time you say "Lots of corruption", think the same about govt officials. Not all are greedy..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes.There are MANY HARD WORKING DOCTORS i know some doctors that hardly get any free time.They are in there clinics the whole day.
IT people raided them without any prove.IT people are another bunch of ediots of raid people without any proof.The doctors that got raided were known by us.There not interested in money.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Next time you say "Lots of corruption", think the same about govt officials. Not all are greedy..

ok, why not you prescribe medicines just by goggling and researching.. why to go some doctors who is idiot that he is studied for 9-10 years. you can save much money by that.. as you know all doctors are thieves according to you. Politicians are much more corrupted, and % of corrupted docs are much less than any other government official.

Yes.There are MANY HARD WORKING DOCTORS i know some doctors that hardly get any free time.They are in there clinics the whole day.
IT people raided them without any prove.IT people are another bunch of ediots of raid people without any proof.The doctors that got raided were known by us.There not interested in money.

Yes you are right, so why to blame those doctors for some criminal doctors.. why to put some crack in trust between those honest doctors. Please read all my statement above, do u think anything is wrong.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Why MBA, Engineering etc. doesn't effect society directly it is a black money and a part of corruption why do you think its okay and how doctors affect the society?

Parents give capitation fees not a student. My neighbour gave only 14 lac for his daughter admission in a recognized college, audience is just trained by some director of the show, they can even dance for money, no prove at all.

As I said before, can't you understand that MBA, Engineers doesn't affect society at all.

They are also wrong. But as you said your neighbour's daughter gave 14lakh for his admission. Do you think she's going to forget that money she paid..?? She'll ofcourse try to get it through her income.

In case of Police : Bribe (Affects Society and General people)

In case of Engineers / MBA : High paying job in suburbs (Doesn't affect Society and General people)

In case of Doctors : By unfair means (Again affects society and general people)

Do you think whole world is dancing for money and you doctors are right..??

May be you are right but not all doctors. As I said 99% are fraud.

How can you say it is fraud, it is just for a seat not for passing any exam, this fees guarantees you that you are admitted in a college and then the student have to study there is no choices in exam, hundreds of compulsorily exams, it does't affect society if we see practically.

Yes, you are right, that's the mian problem is this thing. You don't pass entrance exam means you don't have qualification to study that. (Lets not go into Educational System for now, for the sake of this discussion)

Now the colleges are making business with these type of Management Quota.

And in return these students who get admission by paying up huge donation, ends up incoming money by unfair means.

50% passing marks, both practicals and theory covers same marks and there is nothing like engineering college to make pass by these fees. The externals decide the student is equivalent or not. University is run by government not that college. And in that case they are super strict they can fail a brilliant student to if he can not answer. There is nothing like bribe pass out in the case of medical in India. If they start making doctors by money thousands of people can die by that doctor.. society will get affected. All private colleges are not fraud, some are even better than government in terms of faculty, arrangements and services.

Nothing much to comment here.

All you know you would no go to some govt hospital for some treatment all you go to a private hospital, don't you? In fact if government is already not opening facility they would allow private sectors.. and would you say they are cheaters.. they saved life of millions of people till date, its not compulsory to go there.. if you can not afford.. poor people face worse condition from government hospital that why they come to pvt hospital and face..

That's the problem. People end up getting into private hospitals becuase there is no good doctors in govt sector. All end up getting into private sector because of earning money.

Man, you know nothing about this profession, internship is different thing and practicing is different thing, in villages doctors who are already well completed the course do their job so why MBBS student send for the internship in a village, why not in engineering , MBA etc they also deal with villages.

Yeah, I'm not doctor so I may not be aware of the same thing.

I guess you should not have choosed Medical and you don't deserve for being doctor. Sorry for being harsh, but still after becoming doctor you do not understand the difference between other profession and doctor.

What would you get placing MBA's and Engineers there..?? Tell me. Where they would work..?? At which project..??

But if we send doctors over there at villages, villagers can get treatment. Because you doctors won't ever go to villages at your will (exception are there) to income money.

So should I say that doctors should not income money..?? And provide their service for free..??

Ofcourse not. But again "doctors ko log bhagwan mante hain". Peoples touch their feet and respect them just because he/she saved someone's life.

Peoples don't do these with a MBA / Engineer. Right..??

The rate of medicines are set by pharma companies not by any doctor. Why doctor is responsible of high rates of medicines, in fact the government is responsible that they can not provide cheap and generic medicines. And in govt hospital the medicines can not be reached as it is sold by some criminals (dalals) working under politician who import it in black, also the salary of government doctor is shame.. after reading so much that doctor get only 22k.. its the fault of government, its natural they started taking commission in medicines, it doesn't affect to the health of patient.

Did you already read my statement or just copy pasting again??

Medical rates are high because of this whole Corrupted Medical System.

Say I open a medical company "XYZ" and starts producing medicines @ Rs. 5/-

Would you and your doctor colleagues prescribe my medicine..?? Ofcourse not I guess.

Now if I pay you a bribe of 1lakh per month you'll do the same.

Now I'm not going to pay that 1lakh from my pocket right..?? Now to get that price from business I increase the price to Rs. 100/-

So this is how the doctors are affecting the medicine prices.

The whole system is responsible for this thing.

I'm shocked by that 99% doctors of kolkata do that. :shock: You should only prefer trusted doctor. May be you got some negative image by that show.. what if vitamin deficiency is really on that patient and you think he just put that for commission and you get suffered after that. And doctor will say that he already prescribed, its not his fault.

Not only Kolkata, but also other states. This is the thing same at all over India.

I think you are not aware of the practical things.

First of all, I'm not saying Vitamins are not needed, but not for all. But doctors do that for all patients who don't even need them just to earn money

As already said by others, doctors keep prescribing diff. tests even which are not necessary.

Not only this, also tests from any lab are not accepted. You should do the test from the place where doc would suggest. Otherwise he'd not be responsible.

What about the wrong treatment..??

What about not attending hospitals and just sit on own clinic.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
> the govt makes cheaper drugs as compared to western countries. In fact, India is so awesome that drugs are not allowed to be patented! this means that if someone comes up with a wonder drug, we don't need to buy it from them, we can legally copy it and make them here, and sell em on the streets. This actually means that India is not being blackmailed by international drug pricings - the only reason you can still pay for a hospital visit without having medical insurance.

> healthcare is turning into an industry. this is a good thing, if only hospital staff behaved like the hotel staff, things would be easier for everyone. Now "fixers" are everywhere, be it the comp repair guy who overcharges for re-installing, or the mechanic who comes up with some mumbo jumbo part... doctors doing this is scary, donno how prevalent it is, but I guess doctors do it a lot lot less than comp repairing guys and mechanics.

all these points are not new, Aamir Khan's team probably went to the "criticism of medicine" page on wikipedia, and picked on the points one by one, with no deeper research beyond that, it's really as if western ideas about medicine are somehow being fitted into the indian scenario and made a tv series out of, without even exploring the problems we do have.

we have some very real medical problems, medical infrastructure problems, equipment problems and reach problems, none of these were covered. Which is why I agree with OP that the focus is turning to exposing human fallacies, instead of exposing systemic fallacies.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
> the govt makes cheaper drugs as compared to western countries. In fact, India is so awesome that drugs are not allowed to be patented! this means that if someone comes up with a wonder drug, we don't need to buy it from them, we can legally copy it and make them here, and sell em on the streets. This actually means that India is not being blackmailed by international drug pricings - the only reason you can still pay for a hospital visit without having medical insurance.

> healthcare is turning into an industry. this is a good thing, if only hospital staff behaved like the hotel staff, things would be easier for everyone. Now "fixers" are everywhere, be it the comp repair guy who overcharges for re-installing, or the mechanic who comes up with some mumbo jumbo part... doctors doing this is scary, donno how prevalent it is, but I guess doctors do it a lot lot less than comp repairing guys and mechanics.

all these points are not new, Aamir Khan's team probably went to the "criticism of medicine" page on wikipedia, and picked on the points one by one, with no deeper research beyond that, it's really as if western ideas about medicine are somehow being fitted into the indian scenario and made a tv series out of, without even exploring the problems we do have.

we have some very real medical problems, medical infrastructure problems, equipment problems and reach problems, none of these were covered. Which is why I agree with OP that the focus is turning to exposing human fallacies, instead of exposing systemic fallacies.

man, taking medicines is not as easy taking your hand to mouth. All these MD medicine doctors studies 5 and half years for MBBS and 3 years for MD medicine.. they know what medicines a person should take :
dosage, weight, age, sex, every person suit different type of medicines in case of allergy and all, who is responsible?
for example there are hundred types of antibiotics, and what you need is prescribed by a well qualified doctor.
All these hospital turning hotel type is public demand, it is well settled in all rich countries, and its up to you how much can afford. Apolo and Escorts are making money by their hospitals like for 100 rupees dressing they can charge upto thousand bucks. "Koi crorepati ka bachha kisi mehnge aspatal mai peda hue toh bande ki shaan hai." :-D
An you are almost get my point that they team satyamev didn't do their proper homework.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

word. :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
did you post this on his website ?

Its already spreading the whole facebook.. almost 14k likes in one page, I think Aamir will definitely get this message.

As I said before, can't you understand that MBA, Engineers doesn't affect society at all.

They are also wrong. But as you said your neighbour's daughter gave 14lakh for his admission. Do you think she's going to forget that money she paid..?? She'll ofcourse try to get it through her income.

In case of Police : Bribe (Affects Society and General people)

In case of Engineers / MBA : High paying job in suburbs (Doesn't affect Society and General people)

In case of Doctors : By unfair means (Again affects society and general people)

Do you think whole world is dancing for money and you doctors are right..??

May be you are right but not all doctors. As I said 99% are fraud.

Yes, you are right, that's the mian problem is this thing. You don't pass entrance exam means you don't have qualification to study that. (Lets not go into Educational System for now, for the sake of this discussion)

Now the colleges are making business with these type of Management Quota.

And in return these students who get admission by paying up huge donation, ends up incoming money by unfair means.

Nothing much to comment here.

That's the problem. People end up getting into private hospitals becuase there is no good doctors in govt sector. All end up getting into private sector because of earning money.

Yeah, I'm not doctor so I may not be aware of the same thing.

I guess you should not have choosed Medical and you don't deserve for being doctor. Sorry for being harsh, but still after becoming doctor you do not understand the difference between other profession and doctor.

What would you get placing MBA's and Engineers there..?? Tell me. Where they would work..?? At which project..??

But if we send doctors over there at villages, villagers can get treatment. Because you doctors won't ever go to villages at your will (exception are there) to income money.

So should I say that doctors should not income money..?? And provide their service for free..??

Ofcourse not. But again "doctors ko log bhagwan mante hain". Peoples touch their feet and respect them just because he/she saved someone's life.

Peoples don't do these with a MBA / Engineer. Right..??

Did you already read my statement or just copy pasting again??

Medical rates are high because of this whole Corrupted Medical System.

Say I open a medical company "XYZ" and starts producing medicines @ Rs. 5/-

Would you and your doctor colleagues prescribe my medicine..?? Ofcourse not I guess.

Now if I pay you a bribe of 1lakh per month you'll do the same.

Now I'm not going to pay that 1lakh from my pocket right..?? Now to get that price from business I increase the price to Rs. 100/-

So this is how the doctors are affecting the medicine prices.

The whole system is responsible for this thing.

Not only Kolkata, but also other states. This is the thing same at all over India.

I think you are not aware of the practical things.

First of all, I'm not saying Vitamins are not needed, but not for all. But doctors do that for all patients who don't even need them just to earn money

As already said by others, doctors keep prescribing diff. tests even which are not necessary.

Not only this, also tests from any lab are not accepted. You should do the test from the place where doc would suggest. Otherwise he'd not be responsible.

What about the wrong treatment..??

What about not attending hospitals and just sit on own clinic.

Man, i think you faced very awful medical facility in kolkata, but it doesn't mean the whole doctors are responsible for that.. i know u faced something really bad and understand you feelings.. your hatred is worth.
Why do you think engineers have only job in some skyscraper building sitting in a AC room. How the hell work of roads, electricity, services and all get in villages. In fact these needs are almost as important as yours for villagers. Man, i am totally practical about my topic cause i m from same profession, all young doctors have mentality as yours.. they are not aliens no one is "holy or demigod" and respecting some person is a personal choice, if I save your life, you would be thankful to me.. its human nature.. not someone is forcing. Shame to all those persons who are that much greedy and lost humanity, they don't even deserve the word doctor. Nowdays competition is so much in urban areas that anyone can dance for the money, these actors and models do much more, you know what i mean.
Government already giving better salary to do practice in rural areas than in urban, in terms of internship doctor is just a student a trainee, a newbie in his job, how can he improve medical facility. Would you like to go some doctor who don't even get his proper degree to treat you.
And these colleges who take management fees are run by politicians himself.. check any college.. not only the general reservation for the student is very low, and the brilliancy of the student get in trash as less number seats in colleges that would take admission on ranking.. what would that student do? There is not enough fields like in engineering for a doctor. And I don't think that 14 lac is so much that she her parents have to suffer, see the student get a good career by that money, and its the biggest thing.
In USA and other developed nations normal people can not afford that much high fees in any college they take loans for the medical school and after getting degrees they get the better salary than any other job. Even it is better in India that has some government colleges that charge negligible student fees.
As per I asked very senior family doctor and they told me only greedy doctors take that kind of commission to sell their medicines, specially those BMS and homeopathic type doctors. And it is a shame whoever MBBS doctor do that, and if the doctor send to you particular patho lab and refusing for other, get it he is cheating with you and never visit that doctor again. Always prefer some doctor with good reputation, that doc can not take bribe at any cost because of his name. As per I know these kind of doctors are flourishing in this country not 99% and mainly are of govt hospitals. But that would be definitely less than ministers, police, and lawyers that is as much important as doctors in society, why only doctors ?? who even save lives.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Why target doctors alone?" You say?
I will tell you why. Cause they fuc|<in deal with "lives"... of real people. That's why.

And now some talk about the infrastructure.

The pathetic state of government hospitals even in metros like Delhi, can only be known by someone who have "experienced" it first hand.

I had a cousin just 2 years elder to me. A cylinder bursted where he used to live. Part of the roof fell off on him. He was taken to the AIIMS, Delhi. He struggled for many days there. Condition was serious, but we had hope. I went to assist him for a couple of days. And the reality which I faced there was enough for me to hate govt hospitals for a lifetime.

Nurses there have attitudes. Patients are left unattended. Doctors are hard to find. Once a doctor told us to take the patient for a MRI scan or something to a nearby building. We took his bed holded the liquid bottle which was attached to his nose with our hands. And reached to the MRI center.
The doctor/staff told us they are not informed about any MRI to be done to any patient. We asked to call the doctor. We dont know if he called or not, but send us back to the ward. Doctor there questioned why we took the patient back?! And send us again to the MRI. The staff was still refusing the patient to enter the MRI room, and we were left waiting outside along with the my cousin who was layed on the bed for another 15 min. Imagine the plight of the patient in such circumstances. He was not fit enough to be travelled so many times from 1st floor to ground and then back, and that many times.

After few days I came to know that he didn't survived. I was not surprized since the condition which I had experienced of the government hospital I had little hope after that.
If only patients were treated like real human beings there, that he could have survived.

And the story doesn't end here. I even tried ESI hospital for some checkups of my parents. For those who don't know, ESI hospitals are also government hospitals where almost everything is free of cost but are for the parents of someone who are working.
I had hopes about ESI hospitals to be better than regular government hospitals. But I was dissapointed. There are long queues for everything. Each time a patient needs to checkup anything or do tests he/she needs to stand in queues to get some stamp and then later stand in another queue to be treated. Then to get medicines the patient to go stand in another queue at some other place (not in the same hospital). Hygeine is no better.

I feel Amir Khan spoked the voice of general people. As they believe and experience themselves. He never blamed the "whole of doctors". And he didn't only targetted doctors, but also requested government to do something about it.

If you are getting offended then I am sorry to say you are just being ignorant or supporting the evil doctors who treat people like non-living objects.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
"Why target doctors alone?" You say?
I will tell you why. Cause they fuc|<in deal with "lives"... of real people. That's why.

And now some talk about the infrastructure.

The pathetic state of government hospitals even in metros like Delhi, can only be known by someone who have "experienced" it first hand.

I had a cousin just 2 years elder to me. A cylinder bursted where he used to live. Part of the roof fell off on him. He was taken to the AIIMS, Delhi. He struggled for many days there. Condition was serious, but we had hope. I went to assist him for a couple of days. And the reality which I faced there was enough for me to hate govt hospitals for a lifetime.

Nurses there have attitudes. Patients are left unattended. Doctors are hard to find. Once a doctor told us to take the patient for a MRI scan or something to a nearby building. We took his bed holded the liquid bottle which was attached to his nose with our hands. And reached to the MRI center.
The doctor/staff told us they are not informed about any MRI to be done to any patient. We asked to call the doctor. We dont know if he called or not, but send us back to the ward. Doctor there questioned why we took the patient back?! And send us again to the MRI. The staff was still refusing the patient to enter the MRI room, and we were left waiting outside along with the my cousin who was layed on the bed for another 15 min. Imagine the plight of the patient in such circumstances. He was not fit enough to be travelled so many times from 1st floor to ground and then back, and that many times.

After few days I came to know that he didn't survived. I was not surprized since the condition which I had experienced of the government hospital I had little hope after that.
If only patients were treated like real human beings there, that he could have survived.

And the story doesn't end here. I even tried ESI hospital for some checkups of my parents. For those who don't know, ESI hospitals are also government hospitals where almost everything is free of cost but are for the parents of someone who are working.
I had hopes about ESI hospitals to be better than regular government hospitals. But I was dissapointed. There are long queues for everything. Each time a patient needs to checkup anything or do tests he/she needs to stand in queues to get some stamp and then later stand in another queue to be treated. Then to get medicines the patient to go stand in another queue at some other place (not in the same hospital). Hygeine is no better.

I feel Amir Khan spoked the voice of general people. As they believe and experience themselves. He never blamed the "whole of doctors". And he didn't only targetted doctors, but also requested government to do something about it.

If you are getting offended then I am sorry to say you are just being ignorant or supporting the evil doctors who treat people like non-living objects.

First of all, you made me also cry by telling the problem you faced in government hospitals. I feel sorry for you. No one wants to support those evil people who has no right to be called as doctor. But in that show Aamir used word doctors do, doctors done was annoying.. that is hurted by all the doctors including the honest and respectable.. there is some kind of crack comes out in the relationship between doctor and patient. The case they show in the starting was totally exceptional, I never listen some person could use it for money that much, but I also pray for them that they will get justice.
And see why people trust more for private sectors, they take much money but never treat like objects like government hospitals do. Dr Gulati was somehow wrong to blame private sector colleges and doctor, he called 'em fraud.. but it is not truth in practically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom