Satyamev Jayatey or Dokhamev Jayatey

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nice now I agree with you. But Medical has become a business here.

Govt. Hospitals have no facilities. Private hospitals charge like hell.

Well I absolutely not except to do treatment at free of charge or at loss of doctors and hospitals. But the things is diff here.

Like as I saw in my friends case recently, they keep patients at ICU unnecessarily even when the patient could have been kept at normal unit.

And few things I'd say like the doctor visits only once, but hospitals charges bill for visiting 3-4 times a day. Instead those doctors just assign some junior doctor or nurse and simply contact over phone for any need.

Everyday a pair of 10 gloves used to come, and out of which only one was used. And those those remaining 9 gloves everyday used to go to hospital inventory which they again uses at some other patients. But you'll have to pay for 10 gloves everyday.

The main problem is, at this field people can't judge anything with their common sense or something as they can do on some other fields. And doctors misuse this thing of common peoples.

When a patient is in emergency, no one has time to verify what the doctor is saying is correct or not. In that case you need to believe doctors and that's the situation they misuse.

And what about Wrong treatment. Almost every week you'll get a news about dying due to wrong treatment and all.

The main problem is, this problems getting huge day by day and nothing is being done.

That's why you see peoples beating doctors.

I know I'm wrong but I support this. As our govt. wont do anything, we have to do something. Beating them hard may make them to learn a lesson for others.

And lastly, as a middle class family, at todays date I don't expect to treat my family members if something is wrong badly. Simply you won't be able to afford that.

Not that I want them to treat for free, but these corruptions made the fees much higher. Otherwise many poor families could have afford many high-end treatments.

D

Deleted member 26636

75% Doctors work only for money,Not for serving people.

Everyone works for money- me, you, my neighbour, everyone....no one works for serving people. Even if not for money, there is always a selfish reason behind a person's deeds. It's human nature. Accept it.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Everyone works for money- me, you, my neighbour, everyone....no one works for serving people. Even if not for money, there is always a selfish reason behind a person's deeds. It's human nature. Accept it.

:clap2: Absolutely right bro! Not every person can be as good as Mother Teresa.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah, doctor's contacting patients over mobile phones
seen it happen the other way around where people just call up their doctors every time they have a problem
IMO it's much better if people expect a professional service as against charity work

mob mentality is very much existent. the problem is not that people barge in and beat up just doctors, but people barge in and disrupt exams, beat up lawyers, traffic police, railway officials... you name it. It's our own mentality, it's not just the doctors who don't value human life, every single vehicle on the road shows this behavior - it's really scary.

the relationship between patient and doctor is very much fractured. Initially, doctors used to be the same for the family for at least a couple of generations. They were as important and constant as the family jeweller. Now there are opticians, dietitians, therapists and dentists... all of which require regular visits.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
"Why target doctors alone?" You say?
I will tell you why. Cause they fuc|<in deal with "lives"... of real people. That's why.

And now some talk about the infrastructure.

The pathetic state of government hospitals even in metros like Delhi, can only be known by someone who have "experienced" it first hand.

I had a cousin just 2 years elder to me. A cylinder bursted where he used to live. Part of the roof fell off on him. He was taken to the AIIMS, Delhi. He struggled for many days there. Condition was serious, but we had hope. I went to assist him for a couple of days. And the reality which I faced there was enough for me to hate govt hospitals for a lifetime.

Nurses there have attitudes. Patients are left unattended. Doctors are hard to find. Once a doctor told us to take the patient for a MRI scan or something to a nearby building. We took his bed holded the liquid bottle which was attached to his nose with our hands. And reached to the MRI center.
The doctor/staff told us they are not informed about any MRI to be done to any patient. We asked to call the doctor. We dont know if he called or not, but send us back to the ward. Doctor there questioned why we took the patient back?! And send us again to the MRI. The staff was still refusing the patient to enter the MRI room, and we were left waiting outside along with the my cousin who was layed on the bed for another 15 min. Imagine the plight of the patient in such circumstances. He was not fit enough to be travelled so many times from 1st floor to ground and then back, and that many times.

After few days I came to know that he didn't survived. I was not surprized since the condition which I had experienced of the government hospital I had little hope after that.
If only patients were treated like real human beings there, that he could have survived.

And the story doesn't end here. I even tried ESI hospital for some checkups of my parents. For those who don't know, ESI hospitals are also government hospitals where almost everything is free of cost but are for the parents of someone who are working.
I had hopes about ESI hospitals to be better than regular government hospitals. But I was dissapointed. There are long queues for everything. Each time a patient needs to checkup anything or do tests he/she needs to stand in queues to get some stamp and then later stand in another queue to be treated. Then to get medicines the patient to go stand in another queue at some other place (not in the same hospital). Hygeine is no better.

I feel Amir Khan spoked the voice of general people. As they believe and experience themselves. He never blamed the "whole of doctors". And he didn't only targetted doctors, but also requested government to do something about it.

If you are getting offended then I am sorry to say you are just being ignorant or supporting the evil doctors who treat people like non-living objects.

I agree with you. Same conditions here. you won't believe, in govt hospitals they don't even clear or remove dead bodies for more than 24 Hours.

Hope you can imagine, you are a patient, and lying in bed, and beside you, there's a dead body lying for more than 24 hours.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Nice now I agree with you. But Medical has become a business here.

Govt. Hospitals have no facilities. Private hospitals charge like hell.

Well I absolutely not except to do treatment at free of charge or at loss of doctors and hospitals. But the things is diff here.

Like as I saw in my friends case recently, they keep patients at ICU unnecessarily even when the patient could have been kept at normal unit.

And few things I'd say like the doctor visits only once, but hospitals charges bill for visiting 3-4 times a day. Instead those doctors just assign some junior doctor or nurse and simply contact over phone for any need.

Everyday a pair of 10 gloves used to come, and out of which only one was used. And those those remaining 9 gloves everyday used to go to hospital inventory which they again uses at some other patients. But you'll have to pay for 10 gloves everyday.

The main problem is, at this field people can't judge anything with their common sense or something as they can do on some other fields. And doctors misuse this thing of common peoples.

When a patient is in emergency, no one has time to verify what the doctor is saying is correct or not. In that case you need to believe doctors and that's the situation they misuse.

And what about Wrong treatment. Almost every week you'll get a news about dying due to wrong treatment and all.

The main problem is, this problems getting huge day by day and nothing is being done.

That's why you see peoples beating doctors.

I know I'm wrong but I support this. As our govt. wont do anything, we have to do something. Beating them hard may make them to learn a lesson for others.

And lastly, as a middle class family, at todays date I don't expect to treat my family members if something is wrong badly. Simply you won't be able to afford that.

Not that I want them to treat for free, but these corruptions made the fees much higher. Otherwise many poor families could have afford many high-end treatments.

thank god! you get all my points. :razz:

Private hospital are basically being opened for business as well as socio-health care, you see in multi-specialty hospitals MBBS doctors with hospital management MBA degress. It's an openly a type of business and it has official course all over the world, so if we don't forget about money.. these private hospitals and colleges are much well equipped. Generally owner is some industrialist or politician.

In MBBS there is subject called Preventive & Social Medicine [PSM] out of 17 epic subjects where there is a chapters on patient psychology, see if a patient is well.. almost okay to be out.. but remain for few days in the ICU room unnecessary because it builds up psychological mentality that he spends that much time and now he is okay have courage to be live a normal life again, ask about some more problems and query.. also as in the case if he faced some problem, u know it there is some chances of facing problem after having in critical care. What if doctor out that patient and he faced problem.. all blame comes to that doctor. It has been practiced all over the world nothing wrong with that.

And that don't know about gloves thing, it is duty of hospital management not that doctor. But as far as I know no doctor will use the same dirty gloves to treat other patient.
Misusing by doctor is depends upon his personality, character and reputation. No one is born doctor, they become by studying.

And for doing wrong treatment I would say to err is human, doctors can do mistake but they are trained so much from the first year of college but you know. There is no 100% surety anywhere in this world. In many the cases allergies get by some medicine and I would tell you medical science is under developed not as good as IT. We still not have medicine for common cold. All we take is prevention and controlling things. Beating doctor or someone is illogical, one should have to report in police and fight for justice.

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
@ rider

Whatever krishnandu.sarkar said in his comments are very very correct.

Let me give you some examples on Medicine Malpractise.

- Doctors are given commission to prescribe the drugs of a particular brand. And doctors do it to earn money.

For Example:

I am not a doctor, but belong to Education Sector.

There is a very big racket going on school textbooks. The representatives of Text Book publishers comes and meet the Principal / Director of the School and offers them 30% discount on all books.

The Schools either sells this books on the printed price [ which is higher ] or they even sell them adding the transportation cost on the MRP. So, the school earns 80 to 90 % profit by selling this Text Books.

Some Publishers even consult the Principal / Directors before printing the MRP on the Text Books.

This is a very common practise. And the end result is, Parents has to bear the burden of high cost of Text Books for their kids.

Similarly, What Krishnandu, was tell you, is the same. Doctors take the commission and the Medicine manufacturers increase the price to coup up with the commission amount they gave to the doctors.

I think you get the point now. :)

rider said:
And that don't know about gloves thing, it is duty of hospital management not that doctor. But as far as I know no doctor will use the same dirty gloves to treat other patient.
Misusing by doctor is depends upon his personality, character and reputation. No one is born doctor, they become by studying

Even the Glove thing is correct, and not as you have said above. Hospital Management often do this, they either overcharge for one Glove or prescribe two or more Glove and actually use only ONE and keep the extra Gloves with them.

This type of thing is also done with Blank X-Ray films...., Labs charge the patients with 2 X-Rays but in reality they only perform 1 X-Ray and prepare the report.

Last edited:

digit.sh

Journeyman
Never seen Satyamev jayate. But I never hesitate to say, now a days, most doctors == butchers. Nothing less, nothing more, nothing else. Their sole goal in life is to earn as much money as they can, by any means. Patients are now not patients, they are "party". A patient is not one who need care, he is a "party" from whom a doc juices out as much money as he can.

Docs:

1> They prescribe for bulls*it pathlogical tests that are hardly needed. Cause, more tests == more commission from pathlogical labs.

2> They prescribe s**t drugs/exessive drugs. Reason, greater sale of drugs == greater commission from manufacturers. Drug suppliers do not hesitate to give expensive gifts to docs who are "good performers". And these gifts include: home appliances like water purifier etc, even gold jewellery.

3> They prescribe operations at even the slightest cause. Reason: nexus with private hospitals/nursing homes. More "cases" == more commission.

There are plenty of points that can be written here.:-x
But then again, I repeat, not all are same. There were always good people and bad people, but now, most of them are bad.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@ rider

Whatever krishnandu.sarkar said in his comments are very very correct.

Let me give you some examples on Medicine Malpractise.

- Doctors are given commission to prescribe the drugs of a particular brand. And doctors do it to earn money.

For Example:

I am not a doctor, but belong to Education Sector.

There is a very big racket going on school textbooks. The representatives of Text Book publishers comes and meet the Principal / Director of the School and offers them 30% discount on all books.

The Schools either sells this books on the printed price [ which is higher ] or they even sell them adding the transportation cost on the MRP. So, the school earns 80 to 90 % profit by selling this Text Books.

Some Publishers even consult the Principal / Directors before printing the MRP on the Text Books.

This is a very common practise. And the end result is, Parents has to bear the burden of high cost of Text Books for their kids.

Similarly, What Krishnandu, was tell you, is the same. Doctors take the commission and the Medicine manufacturers increase the price to coup up with the commission amount they gave to the doctors.

I think you get the point now. :)

Even the Glove thing is correct, and not as you have said above. Hospital Management often do this, they either overcharge for one Glove or prescribe two or more Glove and actually use only ONE and keep the extra Gloves with them.

This type of thing is also done with Blank X-Ray films...., Labs charge the patients with 2 X-Rays but in reality they only perform 1 X-Ray and prepare the report.

See, I already said that commission thing is true but not all doctors do that, I personally against it, the only thing is who doctors who wants to earn easy money will do that. It's same as private school using books, see if medicine is of right formula, working and patient gets treated there is nothing wrong happen to patient, everything is okay.. what is wrong what that? Earning money is not some crime. Doc would prefer whatever he like, its upto that doctor. Why Aamir endorses toyota innova car? Why he took money from that company he can also do without the money, its a great car though.
And if the medicine is from brands like galaxo smith, renbexy and many big pharma companies, it would have no chances of adulteration and some random allergy. And ideal private doctor should write of good brands. The only thing is wrong that some greedy doctors specially government (as comes on newspaper) prescribe cheap brands which sometimes get affect badly and patient have to suffer.

And sorry i already said i have no idea about what happen with gloves and X-ray in your region.

Never seen Satyamev jayate. But I never hesitate to say, now a days, most doctors == butchers. Nothing less, nothing more, nothing else. Their sole goal in life is to earn as much money as they can, by any means. Patients are now not patients, they are "party". A patient is not one who need care, he is a "party" from whom a doc juices out as much money as he can.

Docs:

1> They prescribe for bulls*it pathlogical tests that are hardly needed. Cause, more tests == more commission from pathlogical labs.

2> They prescribe s**t drugs/exessive drugs. Reason, greater sale of drugs == greater commission from manufacturers. Drug suppliers do not hesitate to give expensive gifts to docs who are "good performers". And these gifts include: home appliances like water purifier etc, even gold jewellery.

3> They prescribe operations at even the slightest cause. Reason: nexus with private hospitals/nursing homes. More "cases" == more commission.

But then again, I repeat, not all are same. There were always good people and bad people, but now, most of them are bad.

If you know that much why you visit some private doctor? Why don't you talke medicine urself?
All these things gifted from pharma companies is just a gift by someone, nothing is related to commission in this, I never see some gold jewellery like things, though we don't take any type of commission. You have some misunderstanding.

Its upto you who doctor you prefer, nothing is compulsory its a free nation.

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I dont agree with the OP saying there is bias in SMJ show.

Both sides of the coin were shown in the show and the facebook post of OP is crap.

There's no need of proofs when the MCI chairman himself admitted to problems within the system in the show.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I dont agree with the OP saying there is bias in SMJ show.

Both sides of the coin were shown in the show and the facebook post of OP is crap.

There's no need of proofs when the MCI chairman himself admitted to problems within the system in the show.

No, he didn't saw both side of the coins properly!
You know how much number of doctors per 10,000 patients, just 6? It is very very low almost five times less than UK & USA, and what problems these doctor face in this country only a doctor knows that. By doing maths each doctor in this country have to face 1666 patients, as Dr Gulati mentioned government not helping medical facility in our country, still a MBBS doctor get only 22k salary in city government hospital, do they worth that much? Indian doctors known as the world's best in all developed nations, why they have to go abroad?

digit.sh

Journeyman
If you know that much why you visit some private doctor? Why don't you talke medicine urself?

^I am not a doctor. And not everyone is supposed to be doctors. And thats exactly the advantage doctors(?)/butchers take.:-?

^ Wow!! Its a free nation, so we, the so called "docs" are free to malpractice, free to juice out from the patients, free to prescribe drugs worth 5000/- when 500/- would do and free to recommend an operation "package" of 2lakh when medicine worth 5000/- would do. :doublethumb: You butchers rock!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Docs:

Agree.

See, I already said that commission thing is true but not all doctors do that, I personally against it, the only thing is who doctors who wants to earn easy money will do that. It's same as private school using books, see if medicine is of right formula, working and patient gets treated there is nothing wrong happen to patient, everything is okay.. what is wrong what that? Earning money is not some crime. Doc would prefer whatever he like, its upto that doctor. Why Aamir endorses toyota innova car? Why he took money from that company he can also do without the money, its a great car though.
And if the medicine is from brands like galaxo smith, renbexy and many big pharma companies, it would have no chances of adulteration and some random allergy. And ideal private doctor should write of good brands. The only thing is wrong that some greedy doctors specially government (as comes on newspaper) prescribe cheap brands which sometimes get affect badly and patient have to suffer.

Again you got into the same thing. From the very beginning you are comparing Doctors with Engineers and MBA's. The problem is you are not even trying to get that the profession is not same.

Doctors practice, Engineers / MBA's do business / job. Hope you get the point from this very little sentence.

Amir getting crores endorsing Toyota car is not a problem. Even if you get millions doing the same, that won't be a problem.

But if you going by unfair means being a doc, that would affect your patients, the system and everything.

Nothing wrong in doctors trying to be good and suggesting better brands to be safe.

Same like better getting some branded products instead of some Chinese products.

But the problem starts when these brands starts competing within themselves and provides bribe to the doctors. Also the doctors granting those bribe just to prescribe their brand.

There are 100's of medicines which is of same composition, and will do same work.

Ofcourse I'm not saying all the cheap brands are good, I know they can affect people in case of anything goes wrong, and also the doc will be reponsible.

But again, as I said, this can't be changed only by saying / cursing docs. The whole system should be changed. The whole Medical System.

All these things gifted from pharma companies is just a gift by someone, nothing is related to commission in this, I never see some gold jewellery like things, though we don't take any type of commission. You have some misunderstanding.

This is main problem, when it comes to Medical System.

you can't judge what's right and what's wrong.

If you go to buy AC there's 1000's of reviews in internet, almost every people can give their own recommendations.

But in case of medicines we need to blindly trust these docs, we are forced to do that, as there is no other option.

And docs know this very well, and they take advantage of that.

Tech&ME

Banned

Docs:

Agree with you, also I would like to add this:

Doctors even get FREE Foreign Trips / Laptops from Medicine Manufacturer's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: For target selling of their drugs :-D

And sorry i already said i have no idea about what happen with gloves and X-ray in your region.

Your perception is completely wrong.

Even Big Brands are part of this malpractise. Some companies also prepare drugs with under rated power and pack them in the higher rated power foils.

The benefit of doing this is, the curing capacity of the drug becomes less and thus it takes time to fully cure the patient, and in turn the patient has to continue the drug and buy more.... this leads to more sale of the same drug to a single patient.

Where as had the drug been of actual capacity in the correct foils, the patient would have been cured early and he would not be required to buy more of the same drug. ........... which is a loss to the manufacturers.

So, such malpractise does exists with Big Brands too.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Agree with you, also I would like to add this:

Doctors even get FREE Foreign Trips / Laptops from Medicine Manufacturer's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: For target selling of their drugs :-D

Your perception is completely wrong.

Even Big Brands are part of this malpractise. Some companies also prepare drugs with under rated power and pack them in the higher rated power foils.

The benefit of doing this is, the curing capacity of the drug becomes less and thus it takes time to fully cure the patient, and in turn the patient has to continue the drug and buy more.... this leads to more sale of the same drug to a single patient.

Where as had the drug been of actual capacity in the correct foils, the patient would have been cured early and he would not be required to buy more of the same drug. ........... which is a loss to the manufacturers.

So, such malpractise does exists with Big Brands too.

So, what to do you want to say doctor should should make medicines himself in his home?

Agree.

Again you got into the same thing. From the very beginning you are comparing Doctors with Engineers and MBA's. The problem is you are not even trying to get that the profession is not same.

Doctors practice, Engineers / MBA's do business / job. Hope you get the point from this very little sentence.

Amir getting crores endorsing Toyota car is not a problem. Even if you get millions doing the same, that won't be a problem.

But if you going by unfair means being a doc, that would affect your patients, the system and everything.

Nothing wrong in doctors trying to be good and suggesting better brands to be safe.

Same like better getting some branded products instead of some Chinese products.

But the problem starts when these brands starts competing within themselves and provides bribe to the doctors. Also the doctors granting those bribe just to prescribe their brand.

There are 100's of medicines which is of same composition, and will do same work.

Ofcourse I'm not saying all the cheap brands are good, I know they can affect people in case of anything goes wrong, and also the doc will be reponsible.

But again, as I said, this can't be changed only by saying / cursing docs. The whole system should be changed. The whole Medical System.

This is main problem, when it comes to Medical System.

you can't judge what's right and what's wrong.

If you go to buy AC there's 1000's of reviews in internet, almost every people can give their own recommendations.

But in case of medicines we need to blindly trust these docs, we are forced to do that, as there is no other option.

And docs know this very well, and they take advantage of that.

You are right the whole medical system is wrong thats why everything is wrong.

Reviewing of doctor can be get from the society, if you are much social you would get name and address of some good doctor.

^I am not a doctor. And not everyone is supposed to be doctors. And thats exactly the advantage doctors(?)/butchers take.:-?

^ Wow!! Its a free nation, so we, the so called "docs" are free to malpractice, free to juice out from the patients, free to prescribe drugs worth 5000/- when 500/- would do and free to recommend an operation "package" of 2lakh when medicine worth 5000/- would do. :doublethumb: You butchers rock!

I can see that you have nothing know about medical and trolling here. As I already said not all doctors are greedy!! Those all were the rare cases that it is not seen by day to day life. Its about some persons not the whole profession. Just because of people like you poilio is still in our country, well you hate doctors na.
If you think doctors and butchers are same, visit some butcher some shop for your treatment. The thing is you hate doctor, as a profession as a person or anything. It's your dark personal ego. So, no comments.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Um..guys Doctors do get paid for saying some other doctors name.Doctors sometimes tell too much.Scare the patients
INDIAN medical system is wrong nothing else

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
this thread is getting a lil too negative

we do good things too> copy-pasted from wikipedia >> Cipla was able to manufacture medicines which enjoyed patent monopoly in certain other countries (particularly those where large, multinational pharmaceutical companies are based). By doing so, as well as by making an executive decision not to make profits on AIDS medication, Cipla reduced the cost of providing antiretrovirals to AIDS patients from $12,000 and beyond (monopoly prices charged by international pharma conglomerates) down to under $100 per year. While this sum remains out of reach for many millions of people in Third World countries, government and charitable sources often are in a position to make up the difference for destitute patients.

we have fewer doctors for more people, it's horrible if anyone thinks doctors are evil as a group of people. Think of the conditions and equipment with which these docs have to save lives day in and day out. Plus the mostly illiterate masses hurt themselves continuously by being stupid.

Have seen only a handful of people stop at the side and give way to Ambulance... so even educated people behave like illiterates all the time

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
this thread is getting a lil too negative

we do good things too> copy-pasted from wikipedia >> Cipla was able to manufacture medicines which enjoyed patent monopoly in certain other countries (particularly those where large, multinational pharmaceutical companies are based). By doing so, as well as by making an executive decision not to make profits on AIDS medication, Cipla reduced the cost of providing antiretrovirals to AIDS patients from $12,000 and beyond (monopoly prices charged by international pharma conglomerates) down to under $100 per year. While this sum remains out of reach for many millions of people in Third World countries, government and charitable sources often are in a position to make up the difference for destitute patients.

It's all done by over smart business management employees, who knows only two word profit and loss. We people didn't get many things in the market because of these kind of people.

we have fewer doctors for more people, it's horrible if anyone thinks doctors are evil as a group of people. Think of the conditions and equipment with which these docs have to save lives day in and day out. Plus the mostly illiterate masses hurt themselves continuously by being stupid.

Have seen only a handful of people stop at the side and give way to Ambulance... so even educated people behave like illiterates all the time

:clap2: Good to see people like you still have trust. Those all white doctors in rich countries fear from the ability Indian doctors, everybody knows we Indian rocks in the field of science. Many of my doctor, engineer relatives in US are ruling by their practice and job.

@krishnandu.sarkar Read this

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol..!! I know that thing. But the thing you are not getting is may be you are right. But not all.

The case is not at all same as "All peoples are not bad".

Don't know from where you belong and how's the medical facility is there.

But I can vouch for Kolkata, it's worst here. People could have get the same treatment at much lower price if the Medical System was correct.

Many poor families can afford the same to, but because of corruption it's now impossible.

Well, I know India is corrupted and almost all the sectors have this corruption. But Police, Politics are the highest among them.

Next comes this Medical and Education System.

I belong from a middle class family and I know that, I won't be able to afford to treat any of my family member in the near future if everything goes like this.

Nowdays, a simple treatment needs more than a lakh or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom