SATA in Intel Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt8400

Right off the assembly line
I've intel DG31PR motherboard, i cant install windows xp or vista in SATA/IDE native mode setting. i gotta change it to legacy mode to get it installed. I had an amd based sys before in which i could load the sata drivers from a floppy. I searched in the motherboard cd and the intel website for sata drivers or driver diskette creating utility but couldn't find any. If i install in legacy mode, is windows fully utilising the sata drive's features or is it running in a compatibility mode? coz i've seen a much speed decrease in sys performance while installing and de-installing applications than in my amd based sys (which was faster than this)
sys conf:
INTEL DG31PR
INTEL C2D E7300
IGB DDR2 800mhz

plz help

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
SATA Features such as NCQ and others wont work in Legacy Mode thereby decreasing HDD performance.

OP
R

rt8400

Right off the assembly line
so how can i install windows in native sata mode? coz i've'nt found anywhere the raid driver or diskette making tool.

ok i found the solution.. intel matrix storage driver. as in the readme file with it, u can create a floppy disk with necessary sata drivers so that we can press F6 and load the drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom