SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 DDR5 1GB and gigabyte mb

vinayan

Broken In
Hi..i plan to buy SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE..is this compatible with gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H? the DDR5 term is worrying me..
Processor : Amd Athlon II x4 635\640

Abhi_ka

Right off the assembly line
GDDR5 is Graphic memory(a bit different from system memory). Comes on the graphic card itself, and is used by the graphic card only.

The sapphire graphic card is very much compatible with the motherboard.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op
save up a bit and go for a gtx 460 or a 6850. Both are better than a 5770. They are about 9.5k - 9.8k.

OP
vinayan

vinayan

Broken In
@ OP - what PSU do you have ??
an FSP Saga II 500W
@vickybat - i gues 6850 might go beyond 10.5k including taxes..else i have to think about getting everything else and buy GPU later..but from my nature i will buy it now or i am gonna be really lazy about buying it later..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ 6850 is more future proof and is better at tesselation than 5770 too. So adding 1-1.5k by saving up is a no brainer. Try sapphire 6850 standard edition. Should be within 10k. Or wait for nvidia gts 550. If its within 10k and perfoms good, then grab it. Even if its priced a little higher and gives a tad better performance than 6850 or gtx 460, it will push their prices down.

So wait a bit more, atleast till this month's end and believe me, its going to be worth the wait.Don't go for 5770 now at 8k. Makes no sense. It would had been a sensible buy, 2-3months back, but not anymore.

Last edited:
OP
vinayan

vinayan

Broken In
some more selection troubles now..there is Sapphire HD 6870 GDDR5 1GB and Sapphire HD 6870 GDDR5 1GB Toxic edition..Toxic edition is priced at 1200 higher than odrinary..were u referring to ordinary edition?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The toxic edition is the factory overclocked edition with higher core, memory and shader clocks than the reference. I was talking about a reference 6850 and not 6870. Reference 6870 is around 14k.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nope, absolutely not. It will blow the rig away. So better get a VX550 or HX650, for more future proof. Or Tagan BZ600W will be good for this.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thats why i recommended 6850. Its good enough for op if he doesn't intend to change his existing psu. For his price range, 6850 is an ideal buy.

Top Bottom