Samsung Galaxy S5 arrives in India for Rs 51,500

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Who is excited??

Not me.

Samsung Galaxy S5 arrives in India for Rs 51,500 - Tech2

Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S5 that was launched last month, and expected for a price somewhere between Rs 51,000 and Rs 53,000, has finally hit store shelves in India. Though the official site still asks users to pre-book the device by paying a sum of Rs 1,500, the device is available at online retailers for a price of Rs 51,500.

Online retailers like Infibeam, Snapdeal and Saholic have started selling the 16Gb Galaxy S5 for Rs 51,500 and promise to ship the device in 3-4 working days. Besides, it will also be available through brick and mortar stores. The Galaxy S5 was expected to be available in black, white, blue and gold colours, but it seems the gold hasn’t made it to online stores yet.

The S5 is an itinerant update over last year’s S4 and features a slightly bigger 5.1-inch display with the same Super AMOLED panel and 1080p resolution. Samsung has added a fingerprint scanner in the home button and a heart rate monitor on the back under the camera, which are two highlights of this phone. As a result of the waterproofing treatment, the phone has significantly larger bezels. In India, the device comes powered by an Exynos octa-core processor and not the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801. Samsung has made changes in the processor as compared to the S4 and now the octa-core CPU can have all eight cores running at the same time.

Another area where Samsung claims great advancements is the camera. There’s a 16-megapixel main camera on the S5, armed with interesting editing options and several shooting modes, including selective focus. Reviews floating the web claim that Samsung has done just enough to deliver another smartphone hit. Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 on video and how it stacks up against its flagship competition. You can also check out what the tech critics are saying about the new Galaxy S5.

Update: The official Samsung India store has begun selling the 16GB Galalxy S5 for Rs 51,500. Surprisingly, Flipkart is selling the 16GB Galalxy S5 unit for a tad expensive Rs 53,499.

- - - Updated - - -

Fail FK. Selling it at a price more than the official store.

- - - Updated - - -

but hey...

have money, will waste ;)

$hadow

Geek in making
Waiting till May can save upto 20% I guess. Price cut will be there at a later stage. Like s3 got 13% till may and s4 got 18%.

amjath

Human Spambot
Price reduced
Samsung Galaxy S5 Price in India - Buy Samsung Galaxy S5 Shimmery White 16 GB Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I just don't understand some people who reviews stuffs at Flipkart, such a brilliant site, such disgraceful reviewers! Undoubtedly S5 is nowhere near worth it's price tag, but seriously people don't search about things before buying? What the frak is the problem? It's something like those UTI Mutual Funds back in 1995's, people just invested the return was variable!

Jeez :|

Minion

Conversation Architect
This phone doesn't deserve 50k to all those people who are going to buy this phone get iphone 5S or Sony Z2.

tkin

Back to school!!
Good heavens, 51k for this, when the G2 is going for 38k(32GB), its NOT EVEN THE KRAIT VERSION, how stupid does Samsung think we are?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Im sure the percentage of people who buy phones just for showoff in the high end segment will be a substantial amount. Hence these phones will keep selling year after year, no matter what price

tkin

Back to school!!
Samsung is fooling us :mad:
Why don't they sell the qualcomm variant here? :evil:
Because 90% of the people who'll buy this phone either don't care about the specs, or aren't technically savvy enough to know the specs. Sammy did the same thing with Note 3 and it fooled a lot of people, ours is a country full of fools, want proof? Here you go: *www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-go...=b_1&ref=63a45149-130a-4688-8045-1ff2897338dc
Samsung had the audacity to launch that phone here and afaik its an India exclusive :evil:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Because 90% of the people who'll buy this phone either don't care about the specs, or aren't technically savvy enough to know the specs.

or just want to show that they have $$$$$

IMHO, if one is spending that much from their hard earned money, they should buy a better phone like LG G2 or Sony Z2.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
or just want to show that they have $$$$$

IMHO, if one is spending that much from their hard earned money, they should buy a better phone like LG G2 or Sony Z2.

that defeats the purpose of show off. since samsung is popular and people will flaunt that, their popularity will rise as compared to say relatively unknown phones like g2

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
LOL look at the user reviews on flipkart,Scamsung thinks it can fool indians but good to know people are aware of Scamsung's tricks.

tkin

Back to school!!
LOL look at the user reviews on flipkart,Scamsung thinks it can fool indians but good to know people are aware of Scamsung's tricks.
Ah, but flipkart is but only one channel of sale, I went to a mall recently, there was a Samsung promo event featuring the note 3, and all the nonsense they babbled, at least 3-4 guys signed on right there(of course that could have been due to the girl giving the demo, if I had money I would have signed on too :p )

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, that's why I keep thinking about selling the bloody S4 :lol:

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] : What's golden there? No OIS, no LTE (WTF!), no FM (WTF again!)....you go to a BMW showroom to buy one, and after buying it you see that it doesn't give 20 kmpl, and there starts the complaining! It takes 2 seconds to open GSMArena, another 2 seconds to type or click the S5 page, and there are SPECIFICATIONS. Everything is written there, EVERYTHING. Even an idiot shouldn't take more than two minutes to read it. If one doesn't spend 2-3 minutes before buying some darn thing, then I am happy that they wasted 51k. They should frak off to be honest :cool:

PS : Completely OFF TOPIC, but anyone having problem accessing TDF from Chrome? When I try to edit a post it goes back to an earlier post! And it's happening this entire day! Where is the section of bug reporting?
Not happening with Firefox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom