Samsung Galaxy S5 arrives in India for Rs 51,500

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, that's why I keep thinking about selling the bloody S4 :lol:

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] : What's golden there? No OIS, no LTE (WTF!), no FM (WTF again!)....you go to a BMW showroom to buy one, and after buying it you see that it doesn't give 20 kmpl, and there starts the complaining! It takes 2 seconds to open GSMArena, another 2 seconds to type or click the S5 page, and there are SPECIFICATIONS. Everything is written there, EVERYTHING. Even an idiot shouldn't take more than two minutes to read it. If one doesn't spend 2-3 minutes before buying some darn thing, then I am happy that they wasted 51k. They should frak off to be honest :cool:

PS : Completely OFF TOPIC, but anyone having problem accessing TDF from Chrome? When I try to edit a post it goes back to an earlier post! And it's happening this entire day! Where is the section of bug reporting?
Not happening with Firefox.

There's the issue right there, gsmarena links the usa/international/krait edition, not the indian edition, not straight away.

No issues with chrome and tdf.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yeah, that's why I keep thinking about selling the bloody S4 :lol:

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] : What's golden there? No OIS, no LTE (WTF!), no FM (WTF again!)....you go to a BMW showroom to buy one, and after buying it you see that it doesn't give 20 kmpl, and there starts the complaining! It takes 2 seconds to open GSMArena, another 2 seconds to type or click the S5 page, and there are SPECIFICATIONS. Everything is written there, EVERYTHING. Even an idiot shouldn't take more than two minutes to read it. If one doesn't spend 2-3 minutes before buying some darn thing, then I am happy that they wasted 51k. They should frak off to be honest :cool:

PS : Completely OFF TOPIC, but anyone having problem accessing TDF from Chrome? When I try to edit a post it goes back to an earlier post! And it's happening this entire day! Where is the section of bug reporting?
Not happening with Firefox.

most people buying over priced phones don't even know about GSMarena :lol:

no problems in chrome

- - - Updated - - -

Why we think Samsung Galaxy S5 is way overpriced: An overview

Indian version of Galaxy S5 slower than global version? Here is answer - The Times of India

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Thers not even on certified buyer review on FK

Does it mean very few purchased on FK?

:lol:

*www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-s5...rtified&otracker=pp_reviews_filters_certified

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
samsung galaxy s5 smartphone- if u dont buy it you are smart :D
G2 is tonnes of times better than s5!!

- - - Updated - - -

HDFC has one, durable loan or something.

yeah at 1% interest or something i heard, dunno if its true

amjath

Human Spambot
Not a fanboy here not gonna get paid for saying this too.
Few honest reviews and user experience agrees that except for same old design and fingerprint scanner everything else is top notch.

ratul

█████████████████
Not a fanboy here not gonna get paid for saying this too.
Few honest reviews and user experience agrees that except for same old design and fingerprint scanner everything else is top notch.

really? you forgot touchwiz? even with snapdragon 801, it lags behind my 30k nexus 5:

and heart beat sensor, really? download an app called Instant heartbeat monitor from play store and it works perfectly on any android phone with flash.. :)
S5 is just overpriced piece of S#!t with lots of gimmicks stolen from here and there, priced competing Iphone.. :p

amjath

Human Spambot
really? you forgot touchwiz? even with snapdragon 801, it lags behind my 30k nexus 5:

and heart beat sensor, really? download an app called Instant heartbeat monitor from play store and it works perfectly on any android phone with flash.. :)
S5 is just overpriced piece of S#!t with lots of gimmicks stolen from here and there, priced competing Iphone.. :p

Here is an article for read.
*www.engadget.com/2014/04/23/defiantly-plastic-galaxy-s5-design/

Yeah few gimmicks i missed but they give you what others couldn't
Display Hands down the best
External sd card.
And I read somewhere that they got the fastest auto focus
On side note: Priced reduced ~46k

ratul

█████████████████

External sd card.

do you really think that this is still justified? auto focus is mostly software based (considering nexus 5's autofocus greatly improved in 4.4.2 and now in new camera app), so that shouldn't count, display is good that's a plus point, external sd card, that's not an addition, Galaxy S to S4 all had that.
So summing up the plus points, the cost to me should not be >41k, it's still overpriced, heck aluminium build One M8 is better priced than S5..

amjath

Human Spambot
do you really think that this is still justified? auto focus is mostly software based (considering nexus 5's autofocus greatly improved in 4.4.2 and now in new camera app), so that shouldn't count, display is good that's a plus point, external sd card, that's not an addition, Galaxy S to S4 all had that.
So summing up the plus points, the cost to me should not be >41k, it's still overpriced, heck aluminium build One M8 is better priced than S5..

I'm not justifying the price but because of this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/182605-new-norms-may-make-electronics-costlier.html
the price increases. Comparing G2 which was released in 2013 is not justified.
IMO within 3 months time you'll see S5 price to ~43k

- - - Updated - - -

Or lg g2
PS: check out Oneplus one :wink:

OnePlus One anyone for me, but s2 still serving good

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

External sd card.

I dunno , but i feel samsung displays are the worst. Oversaturated cartoony colors. I liked Nexus 5 display better

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I dunno , but i feel samsung displays are the worst. Oversaturated cartoony colors. I liked Nexus 5 display better
By default they are! But there are colour profiles to make it saturated! When I / people say they like OLED it means they like the unmatched contrast ratio and deeper black levels, I don't think anyone likes the over saturated colours an OLED panel provides at it's default settings, I mean those would be people like me who spent hours to calibrate a display and don't watch televisions at colour mode vivid and colour set at 80.

Top Bottom