Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Galaxy Note II?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys,

I'm planning to buy a mobile around 36k and i'm stuck on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note II. Can u suggest one or any other under the mentioned budget. :)

Waiting for your replies :)

Bryn

Right off the assembly line
Between the two, I prefer you go with note 2 . I too own it and I never regret buying. Most people said they are not comfortable with the size but after using for a month you will get adapted to the screen size. The 2gb Ram, 1.6ghz quadcore and battery 3100mah is too good to compare with any other phones available now. If you dont want to wait anymre time to purchase, this is the right choice.

svmpua

Right off the assembly line
S3 is Samsung's flagship product so it has better features than Note.

But I suggest you go with Note coz it has got a bigger screen, so it will be better for reading books,playing games and watching movies.

aroraanant

Explorer
Among the two Note 2 anyday.
Apart from that can wait for Xperia Z and HTC One.
But One will be somewhere around 40k, for sure not less that 35k.
Where else Z will be available for 36k as soon as it arrives and as we all know sony phones get a price cut just after a couple of days it is launched.

nikufellow

In the zone
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/167992-samsung-galaxy-s3-samsung-note-2-a.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/164255-samsung-galaxy-s3-samsung-galaxy-note.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/162778-will-i-regret-buying-galaxy-note-2-a.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/167936-galaxy-note-ii-galaxy-s3.html

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello guys,

I'm planning to buy a mobile around 36k and i'm stuck on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note II. Can u suggest one or any other under the mentioned budget. :)

Waiting for your replies :)
Wait for Sony Xperia Z, its coming within 2-3 weeks, if you want it early, pre-order in any sony center in your city with 1k advance, you'l get it one week early when it comes to India.

S3 is Samsung's flagship product so it has better features than Note.

But I suggest you go with Note coz it has got a bigger screen, so it will be better for reading books,playing games and watching movies.
If you mean Note II, then both are flagship, in different segments, moreover Note II has a brighter future because its unique, there are no other phones in the world that has the unique features that note II does, like the SPen, multi windows etc.

Among the two Note 2 anyday.
Apart from that can wait for Xperia Z and HTC One.
But One will be somewhere around 40k, for sure not less that 35k.
Where else Z will be available for 36k as soon as it arrives and as we all know sony phones get a price cut just after a couple of days it is launched.
One hasn't even been launched abroad, at least 2-3 months before it hits India, or more, Xperia Z will start retailing here by march.

I need elaboration on this! What extra feature/s does it have, which Note 2 doesn't?
Well, apart from the bigger screen(if its taken as a con), Note II is in every way superior that SGS III or at least equal, even it gets updates faster: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 vs. Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - GSMArena.com

Not that everyone can get used to such a big screen.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I had a bad experience with Xperia X10i the last time. It had a motherboard problem after the expiry of the warranty.

So I'm wondering if the Xperia-Z comes up with any errors of the same type....

tkin

Back to school!!
I had a bad experience with Xperia X10i the last time. It had a motherboard problem after the expiry of the warranty.

You cannot categorize random mobo error as defect :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

As I said, Xperia Z pre order shipment will arrive on 26th i.e. next week. So go and pre order one today if u want it next week. Or else you gotta wait two weeks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I wouldn't suggest you to go with Xperia Z. The display is poor even though it has 1080p resolution, the camera is not exactly top of the class, glass shell can be delicate. The main concern for me is that 2330mAh battery powering a 5" 1080p display. When you compare the X:Z and the HTC One, One is better than X:Z in everything except one. spill and dust resistance.

If the budget is strictly inside 30k, I would've asked you to close your eyes and get SGS3 but since you have much higher budget, wait for these phones if you have a decent phone with you right now. Best thing to do in your case is to let the 1080p and Snapdragon 6xx/ARM A15 SoC based market stabilize a little bit:

1. LG Optimus G and G Pro
2. HTC One
3. SGS4

A lot is going to happen in next 2 months.

Top Bottom