Samsung Galaxy S2 Price Drop?

funskar

Padawan
Fulld hd videos recording n high resolution picx,,
inbuilt 10gb for user is more than less for a smartfone..
And htc has lack of service centre too.

aroraanant

Explorer
I had a look at One X before i bought s2 since price was not a big concern for me. But I was taken back by couple of reasons. \

Size
Battery life
Micro Sim (can use one as it is available now. But u cannot swap handsets)
No SD Card
Non removable battery (big concern as the store will charge a bomb replacing it)

Battery life of One X is pretty good.
For micro sim you can use a adapter if you want to insert in other handsets.
Already there is 32GB memory, do you still need more memory, did you forgot that even in iphones there is no memory card support.
Non removable battery is not issue that should be bothered.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Ok here is my problem with non-removable battery.

I was using Samsung Omnia Pro for last 2 yrs. Last Nov there was some problem with the power slot and it was not detecting the charger. I sent it to the service center and they said the power slot is gone and they will change the whole motherboard.... cost 11000.

I bought an external charger and can charge the battery after taking it out... after 2 months I was able to get it rectified from a local store...

Even removable battery helps me in carrying an extra battery when I am out on vacation as sometime we stay in tents where we dont have electricity...

I know this is not the case with everyone but given an option, i can have the luxury...

Also, for me Iphone is not the benchmark as everyone is doing... If iphone dont have SD slot... then it dosent bothers me.

It was Apple who said, crazy people needs forward message and bluetooth capability... and then upgraded the set and said... here is some additional features.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
It was Apple who said, crazy people needs forward message and bluetooth capability... and then upgraded the set and said... here is some additional features.

lolz :p - Agree- Yes !!they were worried about people sharing stuff which might affect them robbing the handset holders even after shelling out a bomb to purchase it in first place... Later realizing it.. :D

Well..Apple simply wants royalty to be paid to them till we use their products.. not a big fan... and their techniques shouldn't be a trendsetter IMO :)

rider

as Kratos
lolz :p - Agree- Yes !!they were worried about people sharing stuff which might affect them robbing the handset holders even after shelling out a bomb to purchase it in first place... Later realizing it.. :D

Well..Apple simply wants royalty to be paid to them till we use their products.. not a big fan... and their techniques shouldn't be a trendsetter IMO :)

Keep in mind if there was no iphone, there would be no big capacitance touchscreen phones without keypad, there would be no android smartphones, and hundreds of features that samsung like companies is copying. "Their techniques shouldn't be a trendsetter" is the funniest thing i ever listen. :mrgreen:

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Keep in mind if there was no iphone, there would be no big screen capacitance touchscreen phones without keypad, there would be no android smartphones, and hundreds of features that samsung like company is copying.

May be you are right.. but most of us (Indian Market) don't care who is copying who as long as the consumers are provided with better options with cheaper price...and most importantly freedom to use the device one owns.. Period .

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well then I believe you must be a fan of IBM machine since they started it all...

England started playing cricket but they are not the champions...

rider

as Kratos
Well then I believe you must be a fan of IBM machine since they started it all...

England started playing cricket but they are not the champions...

LOL, I'm not fan of any brand, any star, or any celebrity :-D
I think you didn't read above query of @android_rock
their techniques shouldn't be a trendsetter IMO
I'm just giving some examples of apple innovations.
If we forget about the price tag, iphones/ipads are really great, they are simplest designed gadgets and user more user friendly. In the way that a 5 year kid or 90 yr old man can use it. All these additional things like sharing, bluetooth are being added to survive in competition.

BTW England are the current champions in real cricket, test cricket.

Last edited:
OP
far

far

Keep Going!
If we forget about the price tag, iphones/ipads are really great, they are simplest designed gadgets and user more user friendly. In the way that a 5 year kid or 90 yr old man can use it. All these additional things like sharing, bluetooth are being added to survive in competition.

haha ..unfortunately we cannot forget about the price tag especially in India ,where we are not used to MSP couple of year contracts yet and grab the hanset for like $99 or even cheaper...

User friendly and User restrictive at times... :p ..

OFF TOPIC :
Not to mention once I was a proud owner of the Ipod touch , and 30 GB ipod ,and a ipod mini ..all I got at once.. :).. and I felt for their # of Ipod to # of system syncing ratio and weird logic in that - they were afraid of free music sharing may be... well anyways..its all bygones now.

Time changes...competition it is :)

:cool: and YAY ... ONE S is releasing in India 8/6/2012 !!.. (tomorrow)

If the retail ONE S price is going to be 28k or 29k ..definitely will trigger the S2 price down (Currently 28K )... :doublethumb:

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Oh god why? They are relasing HTC One S here with a scorpion processor not that powerful krait, that's why 28-29k

Raccoon

Journeyman
Don't know why there is no microSD slot in new Sony and HTC phones. For apple we can say they use some totally different format to save that is incapable in microSDs.
For non-removable battery HTC guy told me that for better battery backup technology HTC One X battery can not be removable, the gold pins emits waste of power something like that. :| Also for the beautiful unibody design. But the battery can be replaceable in any HTC service center.

Not acceptable. I don't trust service centers. They may replace the battery and create some new problems or scratches or something. Besides would have to waste time and money to go there for such a simple thing.

And I don't buy this gold pins waste power theory. Where is the proof? HTC or dealers will give out any rubbish. Without evidence its valueless. And even if it does, I'd rather it wastes tiny bit of power for the convenience it provides. Even assuming its true, are phones with non-removable batteries giving more battery stamina for a given price? I don't think so mate!

Further, if battery is non user replaceable, you will not be able to install a battery from any 3rd party manufacturer which could be cheaper/better/higher capcacity.

Stop letting companies control the way you use your devices. You dictate what you want. Not the other way around. To make this happen, try and avoid such products. It will force them to change.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Not acceptable.
Stop letting companies control the way you use your devices. You dictate what you want. Not the other way around. To make this happen, try and avoid such products. It will force them to change.

Absolutely yes !.. We shelling out hot cash right !!

Oh god why? They are relasing HTC One S here with a scorpion processor not that powerful krait, that's why 28-29k

Is it.. ? .. But online specs show Krait processor only.. Have to wait and see .. hmm

rider

as Kratos
Is it.. ? .. But online specs show Krait processor only.. Have to wait and see .. hmm

I checked HTC india website they mention it has same old scorpion processor of sensation but 1.7Ghz dual core overclocked processor with Adreno 220, made in taiwan. So, thats the reason they delayed for so much. HTC says they did it because of shortage.
Link
For white people they providing powerful krait processor that beats quad core phones and for us scorpion, thats effing racist. :lol:

Last edited:

aviral1990

Broken In
Hey guys

well can someone recommend me a online store or a retail store in delhi NCR where i can buy a confirmed I9100..

I tried few stores on ebay..they say that it could be either 9100 or 9100G..however i want a 9100 only , not the G variant..even on flipkart..few people got 9100G instead of 9100..

thanks a lot

rider

as Kratos
Hey guys

well can someone recommend me a online store or a retail store in delhi NCR where i can buy a confirmed I9100..

I tried few stores on ebay..they say that it could be either 9100 or 9100G..however i want a 9100 only , not the G variant..even on flipkart..few people got 9100G instead of 9100..

thanks a lot

ebay.in link This is non G version, you can use cupon code if you have and get it for 25k.

aviral1990

Broken In
ebay.in link This is non G version, you can use cupon code if you have and get it for 25k.
Thanks m8..but the problem is this seller has sold many G versions too instead of original ones...i contacted few customers ..they confirmed it was 9100G. Moreover this seller is unresponsive..and i dont think ebay will cover any replacement or refund for such an issue..

If you can say with 100% assurity with valid logic that it will be 9100, i will buy it :)

Otherwise i am goin with moto Atrix 2, similar specs as s2..same chipset as 9100G but a lot cheaper...

Do comment about my atrix 2 decision lol..as this S2 problem is really bugging me...pay more and get hardware of inferior quality..

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I will recommend to go and bargain in a local store and be confident before you buy. Flipkart is selling only G variant so not recommended.

Top Bottom