Samsung Galaxy S2 Price Drop?

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Well, SII will be discontinued in September like S1 last year and will not get Jelly update for sure. Whereas, HTC One S comes with ICS inbuilt will get Jelly bean update in future for sure.

Even the latest S2 comes with ICS.. Are you saying that wont get a Jelly Bean ?.. Well there is no official word on Jelly yet..

BTW what phone are u using :)

rider

as Kratos
Yes, like Galaxy S I didnt get ICS update (though it was compatible). So, I guess same Galaxy S II have almost no chance for Android 4.1 (Jelly bean). Some Official Words

I've many phones, right now using iPhone 4 16GB

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Well..alternatively Shall I buy ONE X for 35 k... It has a dedicated core for battery back up..will it help the battery life ???

techlover

In the zone
Well you may be correct that the S2 wont get Jellybean official update but you can always find fantastic unofficial updates on trusted sites :)

Talking about HTC One S getting official update of Jellybean i want to ask you one thing ....you want that your phone should last longer in terms of hardware and software right?
Then can you depend on just 10gb of music,videos and just 2Gb for apps in future? ..i mean 2gb gets full if you use your phone well now a days ..it may be difficult in future

And about HTC ONE X - anytime its better than S2 but its for 9k more :( ...i too wanted to go for it but i'll prefer a good laptop with good specs and a phone for just 12-13k rather buying One X ...

rider

as Kratos
Well you may be correct that the S2 wont get Jellybean official update but you can always find fantastic unofficial updates on trusted sites :)

Talking about HTC One S getting official update of Jellybean i want to ask you one thing ....you want that your phone should last longer in terms of hardware and software right?
Then can you depend on just 10gb of music,videos and just 2Gb for apps in future? ..i mean 2gb gets full if you use your phone well now a days ..it may be difficult in future

And about HTC ONE X - anytime its better than S2 but its for 9k more :( ...i too wanted to go for it but i'll prefer a good laptop with good specs and a phone for just 12-13k rather buying One X ...

Getting official updates is always pain in the a**. The battery drains like water and bundles of error to fix. HTC One S is good for hardware as well as software. I wish HTC launch 32 GB version soon. For me 2GB much for apps in android, though I don't do gaming much in phones, except Angry Birds :mrgreen:. The phones is awesome in terms of using, even the booting time is just 5 second. Everything is lighting fast on that device.. total lag free.

Well..alternatively Shall I buy ONE X for 35 k... It has a dedicated core for battery back up..will it help the battery life ???

Read

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
One X costs around 32.5k from ngpay which is really a great price for that device.
Rather spending 26k for S2 I suggest you to shell few thousand bucks more and get One X which is a much better phone than S2.

Raccoon

Journeyman
These are the only cons of the phone, as you know future of all phones is of non-removable battery and no SD slots. It is started by Apple now HTC & Sony started to follow in new phones. If someone is getting I9100 for around 25k, it's not a bad deal.

I don't know about the future, but I'm very unlikely to buy a phone without a SD slot or non-removable battery. If you buy such things, you will only encourage manufacturers to make more such phones. Manufacturers should supply what customers want, and not vice versa. What you say suggests you believe in the reverse.

No SD slot, non-removable battery, etc., is a very retro step. What next? Non-removable SIMs (like CDMA phones)? Non removable headphones? All this because manufactures can save a few pennies or maybe they have other designs to dictate how we use our phones?

rider

as Kratos
Don't know why there is no microSD slot in new Sony and HTC phones. For apple we can say they use some totally different format to save that is incapable in microSDs.
For non-removable battery HTC guy told me that for better battery backup technology HTC One X battery can not be removable, the gold pins emits waste of power something like that. :| Also for the beautiful unibody design. But the battery can be replaceable in any HTC service center.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I had a look at One X before i bought s2 since price was not a big concern for me. But I was taken back by couple of reasons. \

Size
Battery life
Micro Sim (can use one as it is available now. But u cannot swap handsets)
No SD Card
Non removable battery (big concern as the store will charge a bomb replacing it)

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
I had a look at One X before i bought s2 since price was not a big concern for me. But I was taken back by couple of reasons. \

Size
Battery life
Micro Sim (can use one as it is available now. But u cannot swap handsets)
No SD Card
Non removable battery (big concern as the store will charge a bomb replacing it)

Totally agree :) ..When and for how much did you buy the S2 ?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I bought from a local Planet M around 2 months back... for 28500. Unluckily price dropped after 2 days to 27500... might be even cheaper now...

Also if u are buying watch out for the model I9100. I had to wait for around 4 hours to get the right one.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
yeah I have checked with a few stores ... I think I9100G has been discontinued in most of the stores now...
You got the I9100 with ICS preloaded right?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Nope. When I bought ICS was not out. I changed my Locale to Nepal and got the upgrade. Now I believe it is being shipped with preloaded ICS

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Price same as Black version... but its unlikely to get white model right now with ICS.. they are not shipping white that much...lucky if you got one.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
What is the price of S II I9100G in market? Samsung mobile centre told me that white model is discontinued and you can get old stock by manually updating to ICS?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I don't think there is big deal in buying Gingerbread and updating to ICS. Personally I wanted a black one and use Silicon cover to change colors :p

rider

as Kratos
I don't think there is big deal in buying Gingerbread and updating to ICS. Personally I wanted a black one and use Silicon cover to change colors :p

There would be definitely some difference in updating or getting ICS inbuilt?

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
What is the price of S II I9100G in market? Samsung mobile centre told me that white model is discontinued and you can get old stock by manually updating to ICS?

Well... again they are selling I9100G for same price as I9100 unfortunately ( ~26 k -27.5 k) depending on the store..but you can find it online for a better deal.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
No I dont think there is any difference in Factory installed ICS and updated ICS. Its the same ROM.

and yes the price is always same for I9100 and I9100G.

Top Bottom