Samsung Galaxy S2 Price Drop?

far

Keep Going!
Now that S3 has been launched and released widely in India and the instore price is 40k with the bluetooth headset.. Can be found for 1-2k cheaper online,
isn't it time that Samsung reduce the price on its predecessor S2 yet ?

What are they waiting for ?. Or they wont drop the price at all Since S2 and S3 prices are already 13 k apart , so they fall in different ranges ?.

S3 is too expensive for me at this price ,and with my kind of usage S2 is more than enough ( not to mention the newer S2 comes with ICS preloaded )...

I'm looking to buy it for 25k or less.. Not interested in buying online...

So is it worth to wait for the price drop ??

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I believe they might drop the price and take it out of the market. The trend has been seen by a lot of company where they dont drop the price for a lot of successful product and take it out... Suggest you to wait for 2 weeks... if they decide of dropping then they will do that within that time.

As u already mentioned, 13k price diff is lot and make them fall in different segment.

On the other hand, S2 might get a cut if HTC one S comes out... might be within 2 weeks...

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ yes heard it will be around 32-33k mark. But again it also depends on how Rs / $ rate goes when it is launched

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
^^ yes heard it will be around 32-33k mark. But again it also depends on how Rs / $ rate goes when it is launched

Most likely ONE S is not going to drill S2 price down ... Wait for the launch of ONE S and buy S2 what ever price is at that time ? :shock:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Which city are u from... may be I can get price update from a person whom I bought the phone from.

rider

as Kratos
LoL, HTC One S compete with S3 not old S2 in the market, though its a dual core.. but it beats S3 in many benchmarks.

Galaxy S III vs HTC One S (global) beats in every benchmark except quadrant v2
See performance section

Price is 30k + Free Seagate 320 GB External Hard Disk on ebay.in

Last edited:
OP
far

far

Keep Going!
LoL, HTC One S compete with S3 not old S2 in the market, though its a dual core.. but it beats S3 in many benchmarks.

Hmm.. but many of us may not be a big fan of HTC's non removable battery and no SD card slot ..I beleive..

Well do you think its not wise to get a S2 now when it might be phasing out soon ?

rider

as Kratos
Hmm.. but many of us may not be a big fan of HTC's non removable battery and no SD card slot ..I beleive..

Well do you think its not wise to get a S2 now when it might be phasing out soon ?

These are the only cons of the phone, as you know future of all phones is of non-removable battery and no SD slots. It is started by Apple now HTC & Sony started to follow in new phones. If someone is getting I9100 for around 25k, it's not a bad deal.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
These are the only cons of the phone, as you know future of all phones is of non-removable battery and no SD slots. It is started by Apple now HTC & Sony started to follow in new phones. If someone is getting I9100 for around 25k, it's not a bad deal.

ok.. Thanks ..

If No SD ard slots.. then it should have more inbuilt internal memory. .then its okay.. Lets hope this will be the case in future phones...

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Well with future phones, its always good to have 32 GB atleast .. just my personal opinion.. High res pix are approx 4- 5MB each and we would like to carry some music / movies library and games along.. 16 GB to me looks little cramped ...

rider

as Kratos
Well with future phones, its always good to have 32 GB atleast .. just my personal opinion.. High res pix are approx 4- 5MB each and we would like to carry some music / movies library and games along.. 16 GB to me looks little cramped ...

You should keep movies, music library on you PC, it safer in HDD of PC. Only put selective ones on the phone.
Also you can use USB On-The-Go feature by plugging a pen drive in the phone. Next iPhone would come with 128 GB model so yes future phones will have bigger memory.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
You should keep movies, music library on you PC, it safer in HDD of PC. Only put selective ones on the phone.
Also you can use USB On-The-Go feature by plugging a pen drive in the phone. Next iPhone would come with 128 GB model so yes future phones will have bigger memory.

Great .. :) I dont trust PC HDD much either.. have an external HDD to store my huge library..Some times lazy to modify by library on the phone ..its my fault... :D

Cool 128 GB awesome..

USB on the go is on HTC only ?.. or any other models ?

techlover

In the zone
its easily available for 26k right now, most likely if u bargain with your local stores you can get some free stuff like memory card screen protector which may put it down to 25k's ....if u are very impatient you may like to go for it ..or wait for 1-2week and let it drop by 1k max...coz Samsung has recently launched Galaxy Advanced for 24k ..i dont think they may drop the price of S2 than 24k in the end but who knows when that time will come :(

Personally though HTC ONE S is a good phone but i may not prefer it as only 10GB memory is available ..thats not a good quality for a high end phone ..i mean if u are spending that much money you can expect that the phone doesnt go outdated in just few months only because it has low memory ...

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
its easily available for 26k right now, most likely if u bargain with your local stores you can get some free stuff like memory card screen protector which may put it down to 25k's ....if u are very impatient you may like to go for it ..or wait for 1-2week and let it drop by 1k max...coz Samsung has recently launched Galaxy Advanced for 24k ..i dont think they may drop the price of S2 than 24k in the end but who knows when that time will come :(

Personally though HTC ONE S is a good phone but i may not prefer it as only 10GB memory is available ..thats not a good quality for a high end phone ..i mean if u are spending that much money you can expect that the phone doesnt go outdated in just few months only because it has low memory ...

Will wait for couple of weeks... and go for it... :) then

rider

as Kratos
I think HTC One also has micro sim option which can be a challenge.

Why it is a challenge? Micro SIM is easily available nowdays.

The memory is 16GB, 2GB partitioned for apps and games. rest for OS and all.
Overall 10 GB for movies, music etc.

Great .. :) I dont trust PC HDD much either.. have an external HDD to store my huge library..Some times lazy to modify by library on the phone ..its my fault... :D

Cool 128 GB awesome..

USB on the go is on HTC only ?.. or any other models ?

Keeping data in NTFS is safer than FAT system of memory cards.
USB on to go comes with Galaxy S II.
Well, SII will be discontinued in September like S1 last year and will not get Jelly update for sure. Whereas, HTC One S comes with ICS inbuilt will get Jelly bean update in future for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom