Samsung Galaxy S II

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Has anyone updated the firmware to ICS 4.0 via Kies yet?

Are there still many bugs/issues after upgrading?

Since my warranty runs out in a month or so I'm thinking about rooting the device and installing a good ICS mod.

I have Resurrection Remix on my as of now.

Any other suggestions?

far

Keep Going!
couple of us s2 owners with ICS are facing issues with 5.1 dolby option on the music player...which upon selection plays crackling noise along with the music...issue is gone when phone is restarted..
this happens sporAdically...

any one facing similar problem?

reddead

LoSt!
couple of us s2 owners with ICS are facing issues with 5.1 dolby option on the music player...which upon selection plays crackling noise along with the music...issue is gone when phone is restarted..
this happens sporAdically...

any one facing similar problem?

yup!
happened to me once...restart solved it....

red dragon

Master troll
Guys I have a strange problem wherein whenever I get a call it's going in speaker mode. Any suggestions?
One more thing I'm unable to connect using the USB Cable to the PC. I continue to get the message asking me to connect the cable even though I have the cable connected.

Regarding the second problem,are you on GB?Did you try usb debugging?
Another option is 1.re down the latest KIES 2.replace the older one with the new 3.connect your phone to pc
If your internet is working,all the necessary drivers will be installed automatically.

ajayritik

Technomancer
update ur fone to da latest android vetsion..it will surely help... !!!
How do I do it? I assume I need to connect it to the PC using a USB cable. Which I'm not able to do? Any other ways to update it?
Ask in XDA.
I just hope your bottom panel is okay.
I checked couple of threads there in XDA related to the same query and tried them out but issue still not fixed.
Regarding the second problem,are you on GB?Did you try usb debugging?
Another option is 1.re down the latest KIES 2.replace the older one with the new 3.connect your phone to pc
If your internet is working,all the necessary drivers will be installed automatically.
Yes currently on Ginger Bread.
No I haven't tried USB Debugging.
The problem with the option you mentioned here is I'm unable to connect the phone to the PC.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Ajay- Sad to know that pal. Well the indirect way of upgrading your device to 4.0 would be going to SC and ask them to do. They will, of course. And there you can mention the problem to them. I don't know i am having a bad feeling about your bottom panel, i just wish i am not right.

ajayritik

Technomancer
The service center guy asked me to take a back up of the data and then give it to them. He will reinstall OS and then check if problem with hardware. But then I figured out that there maybe a problem with me taking backup since I'm not able to take back up.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why aren't you able to backup? If you are rooted then just do a Nandroid backup! But if you're not then......hm, still you can just install Mobile Odin and then download a root kernel and flash it.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
need a new screenguard....
amzer one is a no go(bad reviews)....

Been using multiple Amzer anti glares since a year. I find it better than most screen guards at its price. Most importantly I don't have to clean it frequently as finger prints are hardly stuck and the matte finish is pleasant to touch and also quite handy during gaming coz it doesn't feel sticky after a while, which is common with glossy screen guards.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Why aren't you able to backup? If you are rooted then just do a Nandroid backup! But if you're not then......hm, still you can just install Mobile Odin and then download a root kernel and flash it.

I haven't rooted the phone nor do I plan to. Is there any other way in which I can back up my data.I need to back up contacts,SMS and the videos/pics taken using the camera.
One option maybe to use All share option to connect using Wifi. But it's taking long time in file transfer.

reddead

LoSt!
Been using multiple Amzer anti glares since a year. I find it better than most screen guards at its price. Most importantly I don't have to clean it frequently as finger prints are hardly stuck and the matte finish is pleasant to touch and also quite handy during gaming coz it doesn't feel sticky after a while, which is common with glossy screen guards.

I heard amzer ones degrade the viewing experience ...makes the screen look pixelated

mitraark

Decrepit
*deals.sulekhalive.com/common/photos/245.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S2 Price in India is Rs. 27,900, which is the deal price from Sulekha deals.

Also,
Have a look at Samsung Galaxy S3, deal price is Rs. 38,900

Note:
The deal price mentioned above is as it appeared on Sulekha Deals as this thread is posted. It may vary in future. So kindly refer the current deal price by visiting the website Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 - Noble Black Price in India, Specifications | Sulekha Deals

Note that Sulekha deal is for S2 9100 G which is not as good as Non G version.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys can someone let me know how to take backup of my contacts, videos/pics on my SGS2. I can't connect it to my PC using USB cable. Can I connect using Wifi and take a backup on my PC using router?

kar

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

Can I buy S2 now and be able to use it for another 1 to 1.5 yrs ? Please help as I am really confused about which ph to buy. I have seen Htc One X but it is too big for me.

Thanks

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I haven't rooted the phone nor do I plan to. Is there any other way in which I can back up my data.I need to back up contacts,SMS and the videos/pics taken using the camera.
One option maybe to use All share option to connect using Wifi. But it's taking long time in file transfer.
Completely your opinion as its your phone but pal what's the problem with rooting? It's just like running a software as administrator in Windows. And just after taking the backup you can unroot even easily.

Top Bottom