Samsung Galaxy S II

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Adreno 205 is old. new one is 220 which one should be a mobile GPU killer.

Yes. SGX 540 was certainly more powerful than Adreno 205.

Btw, here is a look into the performance that 220 offers :
Dual Core Snapdragon GPU Performance Explored - 1.5 GHz MSM8660 and Adreno 220 Benchmarks - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Keep in mind that, this is with an MDP(no cpu governor, indicating the highest performance possible. Also considering that the chip was given to the AT crew for testing, quite optimised to show its strength). Seems like iPad 2's SGX 543, might be the winner after all?

Soumik

Padawan
According to that link... This chipset at 1GHz should perform almost equivalent to a hummingbird. Benchmarks show different results for different type of benchmarking. Certainly 1.4GHz would not be less than SGX540 running hummingbird. rite?

Its supposed to replace SGS at a lower price point. For that purpose it would cost lesser than other phones with Adreno 205 in the market rite now. The chipset should be well justified.. provided the price point is right.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Have a look here at what the Mali 400 GPU is capable of: Samsung's Exynos 4210 flexes 3D gaming muscle at GDC 2011 (video) -- Engadget

pauldmps

Banned
If Samsung releases a GS variant again without a camera flash, then I will call them the dumbest manufacturer on earth.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Have a look here at what the Mali 400 GPU is capable of: Samsung's Exynos 4210 flexes 3D gaming muscle at GDC 2011 (video) -- Engadget

Yeah, had seen that. But, without comparison to other competing SOC's hard to say, how it will really perform in the current games. I'll be really happy, if it does surpass SGX 543.

kalpik

Yeah, had seen that. But, without comparison to other competing SOC's hard to say, how it will really perform in the current games. I'll be really happy, if it does surpass SGX 543.
Very true! Waiting for more in-depth reviews :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Very true! Waiting for more in-depth reviews :)

Yeah, hope it proves to be really good. :) ( I'd hate to see SGX 543 go unchallenged for a while, of course assuming that iPhone 5 also comes with the same SOC as iPad2 :p )
I am sure, we'll get to see a good rundown of the phone, once you get your hands on it ;)

kalpik

Dual Core LG Optimus 2X launched in India for 30k.. *androidos.in/2011/04/lg-launches-optimus-2x-optimus-black-in-india/ So my source was right about the pricing.. SGS II should also be close to 30k :D

I've heard it has 2 versions.
16GB nd 32 GB.
It should be making the difference in prices. Bt i dnt think it will be that much high.
50k is very high.
35-37k max 4 32 GB version

Soumik

Padawan
^^ any online pricing out yet? r official announcement?
According to androidos.in, Milestone 2 is supposed to release next week at 21K.
I think Croma still sells Milestone 1 for 21k+. How is that possible?

How much did he expect the price to be??
Sorry i missed your post. The guy told me he was not sure, but he guessed it would be between 30-35K.
As he wasnt sure, i didnt mention it here.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Croma has impossible prices sometimes I think the scale really works for them I've seen deals where the price is 7-10 thousand below market price

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Croma has impossible prices sometimes I think the scale really works for them I've seen deals where the price is 7-10 thousand below market price

I have visited Chroma in Pune and Hyderabad. I didn't feel prices were cheap. I was out to buy Sennheiser HD 201 headsets. But the prices in Chroma were a lot higher than what I could get from ebay...

I observed a similar thing when I went to check out portable HDD and Logitech mouse.

Why are accessories so expensive in Chroma?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Here comes the bad news :(

Samsung Galaxy S II launch pushed back to late April or May - GSMArena.com news

pauldmps

Banned
Samsung Galaxy S II launch pushed back to late April or May

Initially there were signs that we might get to see the Samsung latest Android flagship - I9100 Galaxy S II hit the shelves in the first quarter of the year, but apparently that didn't happen. The latest information on the matter suggests that the smartphone will only appear in May.
The news was brought by several online retailers. In UK Clove says it expects to receive the first Galaxy S II units sometime in May. It's not quoting a specific date, but at least we know the asking price there - £530 (€605) taxes included.
Germany might be a bit luckier as many retailers there claim that they will get the 4.3" Galaxy S II a few days earlier - on 29 April. Also the pricing in Germany is lower at about €540.
Amazon.de on the other hand lists the target availability date of the device as 2 May and sets its price at the heftier €575.
Well 29 April is just a few weeks away so we'll soon find out if those estimates are realistic.

Source

kalpik

So my source was right about the delay too ;)

Anyway, Samsung India's twitter account still maintains that they will launch SGS2 in India in April!

Ah ok.. Now even Samsung India twitter says SGS2 won't be launched before June :(

I should learn to trust my sources, and not get my hopes up to high :(

Nice! SGS2 CPU bumped from 1 GHz to 1.2 GHz? Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II dual-core CPU will run at 1.2 GHz - GSMArena.com news

Hrithan2020

In the zone
So my source was right about the delay too ;)

Anyway, Samsung India's twitter account still maintains that they will launch SGS2 in India in April!

Ah ok.. Now even Samsung India twitter says SGS2 won't be launched before June :(

I should learn to trust my sources, and not get my hopes up to high :(

Nice! SGS2 CPU bumped from 1 GHz to 1.2 GHz? Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II dual-core CPU will run at 1.2 GHz - GSMArena.com news

Nice! I guess samsung found the battery life of SGS2 to be too high, so decided to give it a peformance bump ;)
(Yeah, I know "racing to idle" state, would save power consumption. )

Top Bottom