Samsung Galaxy S II: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update rolls out

Droid

Broken In
Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the International Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100. The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

You might not be able to update your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away as the update is rolling out in phases. So, it might not yet be available for your country or network provider (If Your device is Carrier branded) but don’t worry the update will arrive soon.

In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S II is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet. As we all know Samsung’s ICS update didn’t had any UI changes and had exactly the same UI which was in its Gingerbread but this is not the case with Samsung’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The new jelly bean update breathes a new life into the Galaxy S II, Samsung has completely ditched the old UI and has given the new Nature UX Interface, which is the same as the one being used in the Galaxy S III Mini and the Galaxy S III, in its latest Jelly Bean update.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now

*www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-s-ii/

SunE

Professional Newbie
Wow congrats to those having a S2! This update pretty much comes outta the blue.

What surprises me is that the JB update for the beast(read Galaxy Note) is still not out even though it was announced long before.

OP
Droid

Droid

Broken In
What surprises me is that the JB update for the beast(read Galaxy Note) is still not out even though it was announced long before.

Being a proud owner of Note,even i am wondering the same and eagerly waiting for JB update.:-(

dixit8611

Journeyman
Good news indeed for S2 owners. Now they can get rid of that ultra crappy ICS.
I used ICS on galaxy s3 and now i am using omega ROM with jelly bean version 4.1.2. The reason behind installing custom ROM is " jelly bean ". S3 was blazing fast and responsive on ICS and after this silly jelly sh** update i was like " what have i done ? " so i switched to omega rom and things are better now but i still miss the stupendous performance and smoothness of ICS on my s3.

tkin

Back to school!!
Sheesh, talk about supporting old phones, looks like samsung is determined to give Nokia a run for their money(5800 was supported for 3-4 yrs I think).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sheesh, talk about supporting old phones, looks like samsung is determined to give Nokia a run for their money(5800 was supported for 3-4 yrs I think).

Apple supports each of their mobile devices(iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone) for 3 years.
Support of old devices is nothing bad IMO.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Apple supports each of their mobile devices(iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone) for 3 years.
Support of old devices is nothing bad IMO.

That's why Indians buy Apple devices, even if they know that they are just the remaining stocks from other Markets.

tkin

Back to school!!
That's why Indians buy Apple devices, even if they know that they are just the remaining stocks from other Markets.
Hope that's a sarcasm but the only reason 99% of the people who buy apple in India is the status factor and blings.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^nope, don't think it is anything like that, there is negative status with apple products, all sorts of bizarre reasons from how recyclable the phones are to how greedy apple is because of the patents... so much so people cover up the logo with stickers

for some devices it is three years and counting... software support for 3GS has not stopped yet, if it lasts another 5 months, then that is 4 years

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^huh? don't think its a common problem, first one is 3g, second one something seems to have gone wrong with an update, just resetting should work fine, and third one
lol
one thing about google, search for anything, you will get confirmation "proof that earth is flat" or "proof that bush is a reptile alien"... so "iphone 3gs laggy after update" is no exception

pratyush997

Inactive
^huh? don't think its a common problem, first one is 3g, second one something seems to have gone wrong with an update, just resetting should work fine, and third one
lol
one thing about google, search for anything, you will get confirmation "proof that earth is flat" or "proof that bush is a reptile alien"... so "iphone 3gs laggy after update" is no exception
:D They were better off the Stock one then :p

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,can you please guess or if you have confirmed info,can you please let me know the tentative time of JB update for SGS2??Please??Its urgent

abishekram

Broken In
Samsung S II I9100G also gets JB. Check out the link below

Samsung rolls out Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S II I9100G - GSMArena.com news

Top Bottom