Samsung Galaxy S i9000

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
1. Budget? - 21K MAX
2. Display type and size? - Atleast 4 inch capacitive
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Anything
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Anything except HTC
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) - Touchscreen only
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - 5MP with autofocus and HD video recording
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - ANDROID
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - WiFi required
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Swype, GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - GAMING,Multimedia,Internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Samsung Galaxy S i9000
12. Any other info that you want to share - Hey all Gaming is the top prioroty so a good CPU/GPU is a must
Gorilla Glass is required

Also it should have very good Community support

So is Samsung Galaxy S i9000 the right cell for me?:smile:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ Yes,,, very good phone... Get it... (available for 20k after coupon ICICILB. HSBCLB or RCOMLB1 on Letsbuy)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
do remember that SGS has really poor GPS. Check these instead:

1. Motorola Defy for 14.5k (terrific ROM support)
2. Nexus S: 19.9k (much better than SGS when it comes to GPS but still not perfect, superb ROM support)
3. Lg Optimus 2X (buggy UI, need to use custom ROM from day 1) if you can extend budget till 24.5k-25k.

if you can consider HTC too, then do check Desire S.

abhi615

Broken In
1. Budget? - 21K MAX
2. Display type and size? - Atleast 4 inch capacitive
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Anything
4. Preferred choice of brand? - Anything except HTC
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) - Touchscreen only
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - 5MP with autofocus and HD video recording
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - ANDROID
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - WiFi required
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - Swype, GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - GAMING,Multimedia,Internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Samsung Galaxy S i9000
12. Any other info that you want to share - Hey all Gaming is the top prioroty so a good CPU/GPU is a must
Gorilla Glass is required

Also it should have very good Community support

So is Samsung Galaxy S i9000 the right cell for me?:smile:

i'l not recommend nexus s , poor community support i guess., and no card slot.
and i'v always been skeptical about LG phones (i mit be wrong on this).
no doubt motorola is a great brand, but they tend to neglect indian ( asian customers).
dude, why did u exclude htc completely ?

aroraanant

Explorer
Hey why not HTC???
coz SGS is good phone but its GPS is really very bad and I m not going to recommend Nexus S

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i'l not recommend nexus s , poor community support i guess., and no card slot.
and i'v always been skeptical about LG phones (i mit be wrong on this).
no doubt motorola is a great brand, but they tend to neglect indian ( asian customers).
dude, why did u exclude htc completely ?

N:S has poor community support? Dude, go check XDA. And it comes with 16gig memory which is enough for most buyers and would not need an SD card. Partially, you are right about LG phones. They made a great droid, LG O1 and followed it up with phones running pathetic overlay UI (even though the h/w is awesome).

s_holmes

Broken In
^^^ Yes,,, very good phone... Get it... (available for 20k after coupon ICICILB. HSBCLB or RCOMLB1 on Letsbuy)

I think this is a very good deal. But I am a little confused whether to go for Galaxy S now or wait a few more weeks (months??) for the release of Galaxy R. I think it would be released for around 25K..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think this is a very good deal. But I am a little confused whether to go for Galaxy S now or wait a few more weeks (months??) for the release of Galaxy R. I think it would be released for around 25K..

if you can wait, then better wait. I don't think SGS would make you happy if you frequently use GPS. And the problem cannot be fixed using a custom ROM. You can wait for SGR if you want. Still, why do you want to stay away from HTC devices?

s_holmes

Broken In
if you can wait, then better wait. I don't think SGS would make you happy if you frequently use GPS. And the problem cannot be fixed using a custom ROM. You can wait for SGR if you want. Still, why do you want to stay away from HTC devices?

I personally do not have any issues with HTC. But there is no dual core phone in the pipeline (atleast AFAIK) from HTC in the 20-25 range...

But the OP has some restrictions in going for HTC as mentioned in his post.. Dunno why..

abhi615

Broken In
N:S has poor community support? Dude, go check XDA. And it comes with 16gig memory which is enough for most buyers and would not need an SD card. Partially, you are right about LG phones. They made a great droid, LG O1 and followed it up with phones running pathetic overlay UI (even though the h/w is awesome).

okay, may be i was wrong. but is nexus s available for 19K ?? surprising. but somehow i have not seen much of this phone in india.

P. S. : JUST AN OPINION. NO HARDCORE FACTS.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
In September end/October first week, we will see iPhone 5. All companies will start scrambling to compete... and I am very confident that we will see a Quad Core Kal El phones before the end of the year... -- AnandTech - NVIDIA's Project Kal-El: Quad-Core A9s Coming to Smartphones/Tablets This Year

*i.imgur.com/4mGyp.jpg

So, if you can wait... atleast till October iPhone release... you should wait...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way... if you are not particularly inclined to buy an Android phone, please consider WP7...

Here is a killer deal - HTC Mozart for 16.5k -- *www.flipkart.com/mobiles/htc/itmcz...vA--&ref=dc27d28e-1a4f-4b4c-b48d-009e4ec879bc

See HTC Mozart Review -- *www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzv09CNm2U

*windowsphonemix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HTC-Mozart-2.jpg

I really like that phone... very beautiful Unibody design, 5MP Camera, WP7 is very good... 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches screen, Gorilla Glass display, 8 GB storage (No SD Card slot!), 512 MB ROM, 576 MB RAM, 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon chipset...

IMO, 8GB ought to be enough for anybody... ;)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
okay, may be i was wrong. but is nexus s available for 19K ?? surprising. but somehow i have not seen much of this phone in india.

P. S. : JUST AN OPINION. NO HARDCORE FACTS.

that is because people are not really aware of it's potential. By looking at the price, many think that it is a mid specced phone when infact, it can give most sub 25k droids a run for money.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Kal-El!!!:lol:..couldn't they come up with something original?? now they are even taking names of Superhero!!..Guess it has to be the first instance, aint it??

Had Siegel & Shuster been alive I'm damn sure they have been proud & claimed some copyrights as well!!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@HTC Mozart: 8GB with no SD card Slot=Fail in my very personal opinion. Readers' discretion is advised.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@HTC Mozart: 8GB with no SD card Slot=Fail in my very personal opinion. Readers' discretion is advised.

missing SD card slot is ok if inbuilt memory is of 16-20Gb but with only 8Gb memory, this is not advised. seriously, only VFM Windows Phone7 mobile & that too without a slot :x

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
missing SD card slot is ok if inbuilt memory is of 16-20Gb but with only 8Gb memory, this is not advised. seriously, only VFM Windows Phone7 mobile & that too without a slot :x

Built-in memory is a memory card which is non-swappable... But if you are adventurous, you can replace the 8GB card with a 32 GB one... but you would need to perform a small operation... ;)

See
New HTC 7 Mozart SD Card Memory Upgrade « Life in The Fast Lane

*lifeinthefastlaneok.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/htc-7-mozart_006_thumb.jpg?w=619&h=465

s_holmes

Broken In
Built-in memory is a memory card which is non-swappable... But if you are adventurous, you can replace the 8GB card with a 32 GB one... but you would need to perform a small operation... ;)

See
New HTC 7 Mozart SD Card Memory Upgrade « Life in The Fast Lane

Your avatar says that you are an Android Fan. But still you seem to be suggesting a Windows 7 phone.. Strange!

Top Bottom