Samsung Galaxy S i9000

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
missing SD card slot is ok if inbuilt memory is of 16-20Gb but with only 8Gb memory, this is not advised. seriously, only VFM Windows Phone7 mobile & that too without a slot :x

It's more due to the way that WP7 handles an SD card. Remember those OS crashes and data loss that used to happen when users swap or remove SD card? I recently reviewed HD7 but that had SD card glued to the socket.

Your avatar says that you are an Android Fan. But still you seem to be suggesting a Windows 7 phone.. Strange!

There is a difference between being a fan a fanboy :D

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Thank you all for your replies:)

The Galaxy S i9000's GPS issues seem to be a hardware problem so it cannot be repaired by any firmware or custom roms:x
As i travel a lot GPS is absolutely necessary for me!

So decided to go for the Nexus S leaving the Gorilla Glass of i9000..But while researching I seemed to come across problems regarding the Nexus S's proximity sensor problem leading to black unresponsive screen during and after calling!:???:
Can anyone explain this/ Is this corrected in any software update??..Plz reply!:-?

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Solving GPS no-fix problem on Samsung Galaxy S i9000

Does this fix the Galaxy i9000's GPS problems??:-?

abhi615

Broken In
that is because people are not really aware of it's potential. By looking at the price, many think that it is a mid specced phone when infact, it can give most sub 25k droids a run for money.

ok.u mean nexus s 9023 (samsung website lists its price as around 25k)..if u have noticed i'v myself asked ques in one of the forums abt "desire s or galaxy s".,and fellas helped me out(including u). but there was no discussion on nexus s there( of course it was never called for there).but wat is ur say on nexus s or desire s or galaxy s. i wud really appreciate a detailed , unbiased view on this. hope to hear from u soon.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Solving GPS no-fix problem on Samsung Galaxy S i9000

Does this fix the Galaxy i9000's GPS problems??:-?

nope. it might make it slightly better but still, the GPS performance cannot be compared to other droids.

Thank you all for your replies:)

The Galaxy S i9000's GPS issues seem to be a hardware problem so it cannot be repaired by any firmware or custom roms:x
As i travel a lot GPS is absolutely necessary for me!

So decided to go for the Nexus S leaving the Gorilla Glass of i9000..But while researching I seemed to come across problems regarding the Nexus S's proximity sensor problem leading to black unresponsive screen during and after calling!:???:
Can anyone explain this/ Is this corrected in any software update??..Plz reply!:-?

I think those came up during 2.3.3 upgrade. From what I heard, N:S does have better GPS performance. Regarding proximity sensor issues, didn't hear much about this issue. Post at XDA forum's N:S page asking for update on this. and btw, how comfortable are you with Nokia's devices. When it comes to maps, nothing beats Ovi navigation. it's more detailed and it's offline maps.

Nokia and Microsoft are having an event in three weeks time. We might expect Nokia bringing out WP7 devices with Ovi maps apps in it. Just a thought.

ok.u mean nexus s 9023 (samsung website lists its price as around 25k)..if u have noticed i'v myself asked ques in one of the forums abt "desire s or galaxy s".,and fellas helped me out(including u). but there was no discussion on nexus s there( of course it was never called for there).but wat is ur say on nexus s or desire s or galaxy s. i wud really appreciate a detailed , unbiased view on this. hope to hear from u soon.

yes. N:S's current price of 19.9k makes it totally VFM device, not to forget that it has the same h/w that most single core top end droids have.

What exactly will you be using your phone for. based on that, I shall suggest you a phone.

abhi615

Broken In
yes. N:S's current price of 19.9k makes it totally VFM device, not to forget that it has the same h/w that most single core top end droids have.

What exactly will you be using your phone for. based on that, I shall suggest you a phone.

well i'v been thinking abt galaxy s or desire s as previously told. i'l using it for reading, music and very rarely movies. i generally dont carry a digi cam so wil be using the phone camera here and there, not very frequently though. and usual stuff. and at times internet access. basically a decent all round phone. and one i buy now, i;l keep it til 2 yrs or more if everything goes well.
i guess thats it.

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Nexus S out of stock at both letsbuy and flipkart:x
Any idea when will it be back????

s_holmes

Broken In
Nexus S out of stock at both letsbuy and flipkart:x
Any idea when will it be back????

First a drastic decrease in the prices... and now no stock in both Flipkart and Letsbuy...

Was it intentional by Samsung ? Or just high demand ?

OP
akashv

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Mmm researched a lot of websites and many of them say that the newly manufactured Galaxy S models fixed the terrible GPS problem..:???:
Samsung Galaxy S review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

Is this true and reliable? GPS is the only thing m worried abt in dis fone!:!:
Pls reply

sygeek

Technomancer
Mmm researched a lot of websites and many of them say that the newly manufactured Galaxy S models fixed the terrible GPS problem..:???:
Samsung Galaxy S review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

Is this true and reliable? GPS is the only thing m worried abt in dis fone!:!:
Pls reply
Don't buy this phone, period.

azzu

AJJU
First a drastic decrease in the prices... and now no stock in both Flipkart and Letsbuy...

Was it intentional by Samsung ? Or just high demand ?

Drastic Decrease in the Price ?? are u referring to rs 19999 ?
if yes then its on that cost from last 2-3 months

and Nexus is in stock at letsbuy now
*www.letsbuy.com/samsung-nexus-s-i9023--black-p-14389

s_holmes

Broken In
Drastic Decrease in the Price ?? are u referring to rs 19999 ?
if yes then its on that cost from last 2-3 months

and Nexus is in stock at letsbuy now
Buy Samsung Google Nexus S I9023 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Out of stock again in Letsbuy..

Top Bottom