Samsung Galaxy LCD I9003

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Samsung released Samsung Galaxy LCD I9003 this week.Available on Flipkart.
Although it is still not listed on their site.Don't know why can't they update their damned site anyways :wink:.
As to the specs it is very competive under 20k range.
1GHZ A8,4.0" LCD though,Android 2.2.....
SO my question is :
Is this the limit for mid range phones or are many coming?
Also the price will definitely go down one it hits the streets.....

what say is it buyable?

OP
A

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Hey guys,
just checked out Galaxy SL I9003 at my local store.....so thought to give a review as not much is available on net....

Price:
Although price offerred from flipkart is competetive @19.5k....
i got a quote of 19k from a vendor.. :)(Official Samsung store prcies is 19800)
On price front after 2 weeks or so one can get it for 17.5-18k....so wait and watch

Built Quality:
From the first look to holding the device in your hands this phone has a plasticy feel to it is as all lower end galaxy phones in the market....this is a serious let down for those who would like a better built quality from a phone in this range(defy scores here)...though i guess this is major area where the money has not been spent during design....

Display:
Compared to original galaxyS AMOLED display.....SL's Super LCD is definitely inferior...
Also got a hands on with an Iphone4 and the retina display is still the superior one...no doubts there

UI:
Same old samsung UI nothing new.....Although it has got 2.2,the UI is heavily customised by samsung and the difference shows only in the market and other stock apps.....

Hardware:
This is where this phone outshines the most...one can easily check for specs on net but if nothing else one can say that this is by far the best thing that could happen to a <20k buyer these days ...hope the likes of HTC follow suit as this segment of the market was virtually non existent ....

Battery:
As the phone has got thicker so has the battery,the battery life is increased and is more consistent as compared to other galaxy phones.....both due to the hardware and Android 2.2...

Camera:
Although 5.0 MP has become a standard for smartphones these days..the camera is a decent one which has impressive daylight capabilities no flash here....with an added feature of out of the box 720P capability....also there is a front facing camera
This combined is a usp which no phone in this range can beat...

Dev and Custom ROM:
Fellows @ XDA have not added this device yet ...but am sure this device will get attention sooner or later.....also as it is quite similar to Galaxy S most of the work is already done......

For those who are not interested in the finer details and comparisons this is the section to read..

Verdict:
This is a smartphone built specially for the Indian market which is by far the most price sensitive markets in the world right now.
So for those looking into buying a device which is comparable to the best in the market and want best bang for the buck this is the phone to get.

For those who have patience can wait it out and buy when the price goes down to 17.5k which i am sure will go down,then this will become the world's first smartphone which does not burn one's pocket.
If one can ignore a somewhat cheap built quality then this might be the phone for you.

P.S:I do not claim to be an expert or anything..just wanted to provide a unbiased point of view to those interested.
Reply if you agree or disgree with the review.Also any areas that i might have missed out.
-Aakash

---------- Post added 06-03-2011 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-03-2011 at 10:22 PM ----------

Guys just found out Cost is 18430 via letsbuy +ICICI offer
Also with this free mini speakers also..now this is sweet :))

Soumik

Padawan
Though built quality matters a lot for me...(i drop my phones a lot), at same price, its got enough under the hood(and on its face - bigger better screen and video call camera) to make anyone tilt in its favour. :)

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

BTW.. Thanks.. Very good unbiased review. :)
Though i would have wanted u to compare the screen with similar prices phones... like defy and c7.
The deal u mentioned is really sweet.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Hey just checked out the deal... How do u get coupons? Its showing 20.5K on site... Defy is 17.99K over there without coupon discount.

OP
A

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
To avail the 10% discount enter the promo code "icicilb" and you will get an instant rebate....
Although this is valid for all purchases one needs to have an ICICI card or net banking

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks... :) Then I can get Defy for 16.8K from the site? wow.. the price seems tasty for both Defy and Galaxy SL. :D

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

soryr its coming to Rs 16191 . calc mistake! :p
How long is this code going to be valid?
BTW i do have icici credit card.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

is the site reliable? is there something am missing? or is it really this cheap?

OP
A

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
Not sure about how safe it is....better to check it up although there is a option of COD but for that there is no rebate :(

P.S:CAUTION AT YOUR OWN RISK

Top Bottom