Samsung Galaxy 5 or 3 or Nokia 5530 or u suggest please ?

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi everyone !

I am looking to buy a phone with "3G and wifi" and all the other features which comes along; although not much stress on other features and Yes within 10K.

I came across Samsung Galxy 5. It looks attractive but dnt have info how android behaves ? then comes in mind the Nokia 5530 Its also more or less the same features and comes with symbian family .

Little connfused now.. Hope you all tech guys out there will show me a better way or if there's a better deal then please suggest and max. allowed budget is 10k only !

Thanks !

azzu

AJJU
galaxy 3 is out of ur budget then i think (11.9k , but worth the money)
also check out lg optimus gt540 great mobile

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Exclude Nokia 5530 from your choice list cuz
1. NO 3G(one of your main criteria).
2. Resistive touchscreen.

If you can extend you budget i highly recommend Galaxy 3. If you can't, check out samsung monte. As compared to Galaxy 5, Monte has bigger 3 inch screen(both are capacitive touch) and better 3MP camera. But Monte dont come with ANDROID. But 3g and wifi are there.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Exclude Nokia 5530 from your choice list cuz
1. NO 3G(one of your main criteria).
2. Resistive touchscreen.

If you can extend you budget i highly recommend Galaxy 3. If you can't, check out samsung monte. As compared to Galaxy 5, Monte has bigger 3 inch screen(both are capacitive touch) and better 3MP camera. But Monte dont come with ANDROID. But 3g and wifi are there.

ahaa!! I see..But I doesn't feel comfortable with expensive fones. you know they demand care which I can't give. So the search has narrowed down to galaxy 5 or 3 I guess.

And apart from 3MP camera and larger screen rest all's the same with a price hike of around 3k.

hmmm, So I'll visit the shop tomorrow and see which one to choose . Thanks for you response guys ! you alwayz be there while in need.

And Yes, will post the complete review as well !

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sharma_atul

Its not just the cam and screen...
galaxy 3 have better resolution, bluetooth 3 support, upgradable to foryo(android 2.2) and divx support

Strangly galaxy 3 have just HSDPA 3.2mbps support where Galaxy 5 have HSDPA 7.2mbps support

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Galaxy 5 - 240*320
Galaxy 3 - 240*400
Sure GALAXY 3 has an upperhand in resolution, but with a mere difference of 80 horizontal pixel.
Its not much of a big leap in resolution as compared to leap of 3.2 inch screen from 2.8 inch. So low resolution is not really a problem with Galaxy 5.
But Monte sits just b/w these two at 3 inch screen with same resolution as that of Galaxy 3. So display of Monte should be better than these two.

And about BLUETOOTH 3, Galaxy 3 is not provided with this feature. Indian version of Galaxy 3 aka Galaxy Apollo is not Bluetooth 3ed (this feature is in galaxy 3 i5800, the black version but sadly its not for india). But all other features are intact.

sujoyp

Grand Master
WTH they removed Bluetooth 3 from Indian galaxy 3:evil:...thats not good

Bigger screen with same resolution means poor graphics I think...
Even N95 had 2.8inch screen with 320*240 resolution...nobody had any problem...

Anyways I can say in short u want android 2.2 upgrade and divx support get galaxy 3 else galaxy 5:mrgreen:

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
WTH they removed Bluetooth 3 from Indian galaxy 3:evil:...thats not good

Bigger screen with same resolution means poor graphics I think...
Even N95 had 2.8inch screen with 320*240 resolution...nobody had any problem...

Anyways I can say in short u want android 2.2 upgrade and divx support get galaxy 3 else galaxy 5:mrgreen:

Hi, first of all I am not looking for the cam as I know even the finest of the cam in fone can't beat the average dedicated camera .
And secondly I am looking for andriod fone with 3G as I'll be surfing net a lot rather by the time am awake !
So the better solution is between Galaxy 3 or 5 .And one last question should I consider the symbian OS anymore ??

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
No to symbian v5 and i think symbian ^3 is not under your budget, :-(

And about browsing experience
OPERA is best for speed browsing, and its available on both android and symbian.
For FUNCTIONALITY, android browser is one of the best browser available on mobile phones (pretty much comparable to iphone's safari browser). Moreover there are number of browsers available in android market to fullfill other needs.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
OK thanks all you guys for your support so the final last question as I believe am close to choose the one .

Should I go for samsung galaxy 3 if I add few more bucks coz of screen size; betetr browsing or just stay with galaxy 5 as HSPDA is 7 mbps in galaxy 5 as compared to lower one of galaxy 3

Gollum

Collector
Galaxy 3 is the best option of the three. 5800 has hd display but is very slow to play any video format other than mpeg4 and don't confuse that to x264, it can't play that. Divx video can be played with smartmovie but the video plays super slow. On the other game galaxy3 has 600mhz processor as compared to 5800's 435mhz processor. Galaxy also has native support for divx and many other video formats.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi all
So after a couple of weeks I finally settled for galaxy 3 @ 11500/-
I really love this set.
A personal advise to who are confused between galaxy 3 and 5 -- Do not purchase galaxy 5. Very common design much like that of corby series models.
Plus small screen which really doesn't suite while surfing the net.

And I got in-ear earphones, 2GB memory card, a charger, data cable, phone cover and a screen guard already fixed on the screen cover.

So first I installed the SD card and activated the Rs 96 plan of vodafone.
Internet works very well on the phone. youtube videos play at low resolution .. dunno why ? may be youtube provides low resolution videos for mobile phones

It really has better touch and GPS works pretty well showing me the current location and the nearby places, like gurudwara, petrol stations etc. really helpful while being in unknown place.

earphone are just an average. Don;t expect much from this. BUt as 3.5mm jack you can surely get a decent one usable both on fone and laptop.

It has a dropdown starting from the top which you can use by dragging to the bottom which covers whole the screen and displays all the notifications like new messages, bluetooth transfer, wifi connectivity, errors and lot more.love this feature..

camera is good in proper lightning conditions and even in low light --was expecting low res pictures but its good one.

Although amm bit disappointed with the battery life. I charged the fone at around 12 at noon and the whole battery discharged at 2pm the same day . I was using net whole the time and no it wasn't videos.

Will post more updates and images clicked by it soon ..

Gollum

Collector
Try playing those axxo type encodes of divx or xvid videos of resolution higher than 240x400. I wanna know if it can play those videos directly without converting them to phone resolution. How many home screens can you keep in this phone?

Top Bottom