Votes: 54 83.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

niraj87

Broken In
I found an equalizer for Android phones. It does work on my LG Optimus GT540. See if it installs on ur phone.

AudioEffect.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

als2

Journeyman
rock player is trial can you play full 3 hour movie on it?
Did you try 720p?
Which mode of rock player are you using, hardware or software? Which format of video did you try and what container? Gsm arena gave this phone pretty bad marks in the music playback department saying that its got some bad stereo crosstalk etc

format:AVI
ahem version of Rock Player so full (currently using act 1 video player which is a lot better than rock player)
no 720P tried
music playback is great(using winamp and player pro)

can someone help me to edit internet setting of idea internet
-where to edit setting and how to get internet setting

fa4u

Right off the assembly line
I sold my SG3...

SG3 has these issues:

1. Old Android EClair version. So slow and sluggish
2. No official update to froyo by samsung for India
3. Not so good battery life.
4. 50% battery indicator for charging..rest 50% has green filled color rest shows winamp logo type of logo for charging..feels as if only 50% is being charged
5. Samsung Kies is useless.gives u lotta game option but when u try downloading it says google doesnt support for this phone so its blocked
6. NO LIVE WAllpaper..i know u can configure but not every1 is a techie here..i sure am not..
7. Horrible gaming..just 2d game work and that too very slowly..no 3d game support...

noobdroid

Broken In
My pal "Jetboy" got the O1 in a very good deal with many freebies and very good headphones not like the ones in shown in the above pictures.

The earlier pictures of bundled headphones got me sad as I would have to shelve more money to buy goood ones but the bundled ones in my area is real cool and sounds really great.. will be getting mine tomorrow had only 5 pieces in my city and last one left for me.. :D

siddhesh222

Journeyman
@ Noobdroid/Jetboy

Tell us more yaar, seems somebody made you an offer you couldn't refuse :p
What? everyone receives different bundles headphones? o_O. Btw, which city are you from? Any idea which headphones Mumbai guys get?

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
My pal "Jetboy" got the O1 in a very good deal with many freebies and very good headphones not like the ones in shown in the above pictures.

The earlier pictures of bundled headphones got me sad as I would have to shelve more money to buy goood ones but the bundled ones in my area is real cool and sounds really great.. will be getting mine tomorrow had only 5 pieces in my city and last one left for me.. :D

Ya my friend altlast got it...will be waiting for yours to come tomorrow :)....

noobdroid

Broken In
@siddesh:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134182-mid-range-android-phones-best-phones-look-forward-2.html

If you see in one of the posts, the headphones are not really good looks like some poor quality headsets.. we are getting the earplug headsets and the build quality is really good .. and also got a free wifi card with 2mbps speeds for one month.. hefty downloading can be done.. The picture didnt had the leather case either the leather case with this one is really well made...

I will get mine tomorrow and will give a very thorough review about the phne with all the bundled things...

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
@siddesh:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134182-mid-range-android-phones-best-phones-look-forward-2.html

If you see in one of the posts, the headphones are not really good looks like some poor quality headsets.. we are getting the earplug headsets and the build quality is really good .. and also got a free wifi card with 2mbps speeds for one month.. hefty downloading can be done.. The picture didnt had the leather case either the leather case with this one is really well made...

I will get mine tomorrow and will give a very thorough review about the phne with all the bundled things...

Its for 2 months...

Dark_Knight

Broken In
Bought O1 today for 11.9k. got some freebies as well(a couple of movie tickets, wifi card something). main reason for choosing this over g3 was

1. Screen Resolution
2. Froyo out of the box
3. Good reviews of the phone

Well, Transition from Symbian to android (I have used S60 only prior to this in nokia 6600, 3230, n73) is not that easy. Still getting used to it but overall the phone feels nice and comfortable. Havn't used it much though.

n btw how to enable apps2sd??

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^
Congrats :)
setting---> applications---> manage applications
select required application and you can transfer to SD by 'move to SD' option

@jetboy
congrats to you too buddy :-D

siddhesh222

Journeyman
omg omg this is so cool prices in 11 -12 k range now :D :D. God I can't wait for my handset. Should I wait till Christmas for more cheap stuff or buy this weekend?

LOL Dark Knight even I've had 3230,6600 (Mom) & N73 (me) :D

btw you guys from which city @ Dark Knight @jetboy @noobdroid?

Congrats to NaiNO,Jetboy & Dark Knight for buying O1 and future congrats to noobdroid (lol name) AND MYSELF :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Bought O1 today for 11.9k. got some freebies as well(a couple of movie tickets, wifi card something).

congrats :p and price is just awesome. where you brought it from? & free goodies? WOW. first of all the price is so low & now free goodies. its getting harder & harder for me to wait.

Dark_Knight

Broken In
congrats :p and price is just awesome. where you brought it from?

Got it from chandigarh (panchkula to be more precise). had to do some bargaing but it was worth IMO :p

And another problem that i m facing. Unable to figure out how to forward sms to groups, there is no option of making lists in contacts.
Downloaded a couple of apps but dint like them.
Any good app for that purpose, if any1 knows??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check GSMArena review of LG O1. they did the sound test so you can have a good & clear idea about the sound level on both devices.

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
^^^
@jetboy
congrats to you too buddy :-D

Thanks Bro :-D...please do let me know if you have been doing something happening with the phone ...any cool games, apps , etc ....

omg omg this is so cool prices in 11 -12 k range now :D :D. God I can't wait for my handset. Should I wait till Christmas for more cheap stuff or buy this weekend?

Congrats to NaiNO,Jetboy & Dark Knight for buying O1 and future congrats to noobdroid (lol name) AND MYSELF :D

Thanks dude :)...I am in Nasik, Maharastra
can anyone tell which has higher loudspeaker volume optimus one or galaxy 3...m goin to buy any of the two..plz

I think the Optimus One is louder...that's what I've read somewhere while I was surfing, but I'm certainly not sure.

check GSMArena review of LG O1. they did the sound test so you can have a good & clear idea about the sound level on both devices.
[/QUOTE]

Ya GSMarena has given the sound output with the decibel..It shows it has large sound than G3

Last edited:

noobdroid

Broken In
can anyone tell which has higher loudspeaker volume optimus one or galaxy 3...m goin to buy any of the two..plz

The phone is louder than G3 but not louder than G5.

thank man, regarding waiting till christmas I am not sure because it is highly doubtful that the prices will drop.. I am city there are very very limited handsets I couldnt risk to wait much longer.

Got it from chandigarh (panchkula to be more precise). had to do some bargaing but it was worth IMO :p

And another problem that i m facing. Unable to figure out how to forward sms to groups, there is no option of making lists in contacts.
Downloaded a couple of apps but dint like them.
Any good app for that purpose, if any1 knows??

Umm that is the problem in android messaging, you can download an app called "handcent messaging" I have used it on my G5 and believe me it makes group messaging very very easy....

Last edited:

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Well...why won't prices drop? :(. That's really sad man, I've been cell-less for like 2 months now and was just waiting for christmas to come, expecting huge price drops. (Didn't buy in diwali coz waited for huawei ideos like a n00b, my bad xD)

Btw you are from Nashik?

Dude, if there is so much demand, they'll order more to stay stocked right? I guess? and I guess availability would be higher in Mumbai....still I'm thinking about buying it this friday idk srsly I'll feel effed up if in christmas they drop price by some 1k more and start offering other cool freebies along with it :/. i'm a big kanjoos as it is evident to all xD

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ from what i read, in terms of battery life IDEOS is a big flop. rest everything good. Micromax Andro could have been a great buy (below 10k) had it used capacitive screen.

price should fall to 11.5k (or equivalent if offered free useless goodies) before 2011. hope what i saying comes true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom