Samsung DVD Writer causing high CPU usage. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Hey guys,

I have a Samsung SH-S203B SATA DVD Writer and since the last 3 DVDs i burned it is causing nero to show high CPU usage. The mouse cursor moves very slowly (like when i am getting low frame rate in crysis).

Also since i connected this writer my PC's boot-time has increased. It takes like 10 secs to detect the dvd writer during boot time.

Before this happened, the dvd writer took like 30 secs to detect a blank DVD (but readily detected blank CD and burned discs). Now it takes like 4 secs. In nero it took 10 secs after i pressed next after selecting the files. Now it happens instantly. It took almost 1:30 mins to start my DVD to burn after i pressed Burn. Now even that happens instantly.

But after that things become real slow. It takes more than an hour to burn a DVD at 8x. Even the estimated time shows almost 50 mins.

Same problem happened before. But then i was able to burn using K3b in ubuntu with ease so there was no problem. but now i dont have ubuntu. so i cant tell u guys how its working in ubuntu..

Is it because i am using SATA interface. Help. Plz...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Check if the drive has gone into PIO mode from Device manager. If it has then reset it to Ultra DMA mode.

OP
Arun the Gr8

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Check if the drive has gone into PIO mode from Device manager. If it has then reset it to Ultra DMA mode.
I couldnt find any pio mode in Device manager. Can you specify the location plz...

Found PIO mode.. Will try burning again.. Wil tell ya if it works..

Thanks..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom